Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the future of Bitcoin?  (Read 818 times)
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:17:12 PM

What is the future of Bitcoin BTC? Will it become a mainstream currency, or will its popularity wane, and why?

The future of Bitcoin is very bright because million of people are really dive into it. Many people are invested to Bitcoin because they want to make their lives better and easier. Bitcoin, also helps us in so many ways like payment of monthly bills thru online such as water, electricity, insurance, fund transfer and many more without any hassle and free of charge. I am so glad because in other countries has adapted the Bitcoin as another medium of exchange thru online because they see the benefit of using it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:22:16 PM

What is the future of Bitcoin BTC? Will it become a mainstream currency, or will its popularity wane, and why?

in next 10 years bitcoin will keep moving and rising more than now after that all will put them investment in bitcoin.

altcoins will replace paper money
the future of bitcoin is getting longer, bitcoin will progress, because bitcoin seeker that already many also.
then the bitcoin will progress with the derastis in my opinion. each person must have their own thinking. but if I think definitely bitcoin will go forward derastis.

bharal07

Activity: 318
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:51:36 PM

What is the future of Bitcoin? for bitcoin is a wonderful future for everyone! because the success of all the customers is so successful! so I will try to make it a bitcoin so successful in bitcoin to make my future well and help my family. not just my family! also to other people!
vionas

Activity: 261
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:13:01 PM

It is difficult to ascertain the future of Bitcoin, whether it remains in popularity or falls. It will be a tense bet.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:17:27 PM

In the future I'm sure bitcoin will be more popular, because it can be seen today more and more enthusiasts and bitcoin users in various countries so no doubt bitcoin will continue to be king of all digital currencies.

randyboy

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:18:11 PM

Bitcoin will grow and grow more and own its popularity to the digital world he own the digital money and its greatest and increases values he have may sometimes getting down but tripple times getting higher thats bitcoin and its future the digital money that people will crazy.
ateebshaikh290

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:18:34 PM

I think that the future of bitcoin will be very successful as always. it is expected that it will be the leading progressive and one of the highest digital currency in the world because bitcoin is gaining popularity and becomming famous by each day. I hope in future bitcion will be known by everyone.
pukwengkweng

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:22:33 PM

this is the future of Bitcoin. its price has been very volatile since early 2013 when it was trading between $10 and $15, and soon afterwards it went on a parabolic rise to hit a high of $1163 within the same year. It spent the next 18 months dropping all the way back down to the $200s but then went on the ascent again as global uncertainty persisted. Otherwise Bitcoin, Changes the world faster thru by simply changing its currency many people become successful in ther life
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:25:25 PM

I see bitcoin 20 years from now is the fastest and growing bitcoin as you can see bitcoin from nowadays its market value is getting increase right now. And bitcoin will never stop as soon as to be legal. As you can see bitcoin is more convenient since its a hassle free you dont have to to any branch just to pay your bills.
Lol do you even know what are you typing. It is a growing really fast. But hassle free seriously the fees is as high as $20 each transaction. The speed of transaction is slower than ever and you saying government will adopt something like this.

Regarding the post it is mainstream but don't ever except it to be adopted.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:31:49 PM

Bitcoins has come to stay. There has been a substantial awareness on bitcoin this year alone and more people are coming in to be part of Bitcoin. I believe that Bitcoin has a bright future.
grizmoblust

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:32:20 PM

certainly, it will have a bright future after this correction. There is too many disadvantages news now effects in Bitcoin price. However, I believe Bitcoin has own value and it can't be beaten.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:43:57 PM

Is its popularity waning?

Here are weekly peer-to-peer localbitcoins cash trade data for two random countries as time goes on. Right-most area is the most recent past week.

Those trying to undermine and manipulate bitcoin stem from the central bank system around the world;
-the central banks dictate policy to all the operating big banks around the world and have essentially tried their best to ban bitcoin related transactions for more than four years straight, ever since 2013, and have failed at stopping bitcoin's growth, adoption, and popularity
-the central banks fund efforts to undermine bitcoin, providing plenty of capital and liquidity to private companies and venture backed groups such as Digital Currency Group (they own Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, Bitpay, and media outlet Coindesk) and Roger Ver/Bitmain to undermine and break the bitcoin protocol and/or manipulate trade
and/or sustain short-term spam attacks.

Above are just small examples.

First, educate yourself and then others. Please checkout the link to the bitcointalk post in my signature titled: How to teach Bitcoin to a 7 year old.

Bitcoin is a secure, decentralized, trustless and open system which cannot be banned nor controlled.

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...why?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it required a central 3rd party to function, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin's value is worth hundreds of billions USD today. Altcoins however are scams, weak, pyramid schemes not offering these values.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to hold the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system. (more than stocks, more than houses, more than gold)

Extra graphics to indicate the worldwide impact on the emergence of bitcoin in its infancy today:

Chart of performance of assets from Xmas 2014 to Dec 1. 2017 (in USD terms):
Bitcoin/USD
S&P 500 Stocks
Real Estate (REITs)
Gold
Bonds

heringasem

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:45:47 PM

A mainstream currency? I only see bitcoin as a new way to store value, just to store your money in there and kept it forever.

As a main currency? Of course not, no one can afford the high fees in order to make a tiny transaction.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:13:27 PM

A mainstream currency? I only see bitcoin as a new way to store value, just to store your money in there and kept it forever.

As a main currency? Of course not, no one can afford the high fees in order to make a tiny transaction.
The only way that there will be a solution to the high fees, should it ever become a "main" currency around the world, would to either have larger blocks, faster blocks (which might not be a terrible idea if the time and reward were both halved) or, as you said, simply reduce the amount of transactions to transactions of large stores of value, like what it would be like moving digital gold. I don't think that there's any chance for Bitcoin to become successful in the manner unless there is a significant change for one of those aspects. 180k transactions left in the mempool is simply too much.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:34:48 PM

I think everyone keeps forgetting that bitcoin is still evolving. If the lightning network gives us everything it promises, then the transaction per second and the fees wont be a problem at all. If the volatility also decreases, as the liquidity increases, then of course bitcoin can work as a global currency. Governments might be a problem because although I don't think they would oppose to bitcoin as a method of payment (like paypal), they wouldn't like to lose their monetary power, expressed in the currency they hold. Of course that they could simply ditch banks, and buy large amounts of bitcoins and hold them in reserve, just like they do with gold, and the countries that hold more bitcoins would still more powerful, but I don't think I will be able to see this in my lifetime.

btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:46:21 PM

I have to agree with you, its becoming more of a store of wealth, specially those big boys that have been entering the market for quite some time now.

I think everyone keeps forgetting that bitcoin is still evolving. If the lightning network gives us everything it promises, then the transaction per second and the fees wont be a problem at all. If the volatility also decreases, as the liquidity increases, then of course bitcoin can work as a global currency. Governments might be a problem because although I don't think they would oppose to bitcoin as a method of payment (like paypal), they wouldn't like to lose their monetary power, expressed in the currency they hold. Of course that they could simply ditch banks, and buy large amounts of bitcoins and hold them in reserve, just like they do with gold, and the countries that hold more bitcoins would still more powerful, but I don't think I will be able to see this in my lifetime.

Lightning Network is one of the touted solutions to all of this issues that we are currently seeing. As I understand, it not really a fork but a sidechain to blockchain. It's been tested but I presumed that the dev are really pushing it so that it can be implemented soon. I'm one of those that thinks that if can really help alleviate the current problem. I'm sure that everyone is waiting for it to be implemented so that all complaints and grievances and protest against bitcoin high tx fees and slow confirmation time will go away.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Areesharaza10

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:54:08 PM

Join new ICO
http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=LG3aC&m=kXm5gJ19ts1YO_2&b=zOM_3CjHO4gBuOGJ7OF0fg
nodav

Activity: 216

Early Bitcoin investor.

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:57:20 PM

The future of bitcoin is still unpredictable but I hope it would have good future and it would be enough in our future. Furthermore, I think bitcoin will become more famous in the popular and the knowledge about bitcoin will totally spread in the whole world.

I agree with you, but the future is unpredictable, and it is quite possible the appearance of faster coins. And these coins can outshine bitcoins if bitkoyn does not start using new technologies. In general, by analogy, bitcoin is the dollar, ETN is the euro, etc. /

mkcjeewantha

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:58:46 PM

HI Smiley,  yeah in short words I would like to say BTC has good future. because everyone knows that its value and demand increases intensively.as in BTC has a limited value and more people try to buy now and even in future BTC price will go up for sure. Smiley so now it's the best time to buy BTC and hold your position.  

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ───────  [/center]
CryptoKarim

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:01:32 PM

Bitcoin will eventually get overtaken. Better tech will overtake it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: