Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:34:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bcash will die in 2018 and Bitcoin will be even more valuable  (Read 813 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:49:21 PM

Say whatever you want, but Bitcoin Cash is here to stay. The Core has ignored the scaling issues for so long, and even sabotaged attempts to resolve it (such as SegWit2X and Lightning network). A few days back, the transaction fee needed for instant confirmation was close to 1,200 Sat/Byte. You will not achieve anything by spreading FUD about BCH. A better option would be to concentrate on the issues facing BTC right now.
TeLlMeFrY

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Spanish Translator

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:06:26 PM

I see almost impossible that Bcash will die in 2018, I even think that both would be more valuable in 2018. It´s true what you are saying about Bcash and BTC, but for these reasons that you mentioned, both will coexist. BTC is a great coin as everyone knows but with high fees and Bcash is not so innovative but has low fees and great supporters. It would be interesting to see if an altcoin could compete against them.

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 06:53:37 PM

This is not a propaganda, just calling it like it is for the sake of people who are less informed.

I'll leave propaganda to the likes of Ver who, 6 months before Mt Gox went bust, shamelessly took a payment to promote it and vouch for its solvency. The guy is a felon and shill-monger, plain and simple, always has been.

As for Jihan, the only reason he announced Bcash fork is to centralize the Bitcoin name and become the Chairman Mao (Zedong) of Bitcoin. I'm not even going to waste my breath talking about the conman, fake Satoshi, Craig Wright.

Sometimes, when calling out propagandists, you tend to come across as promoting one yourself. This is unavoidable but a spade is a spade.

Dissension, splits motivated by greed inevitably leads to the proverbial tragedy of the commons. We either all win or we all lose.

To the newbies - Don't listen to people who try to drive a wedge between the community to line their own pockets.

There are so many altcoins out there now and each of them has such outstanding, unique, non-cloned value proposition. Some of them are even energy-efficient which is a long-term threat they pose Bitcoin if Bitcoin doesn't adapt and evolve. Sure, a lot of them were developed from bitcoin source code but NONE of them shamelessly jack the Bitcoin name.

Bcash is a minority miner centralized coin with majority control in Bitmain's hands. The ONLY 'value proposition' they have is, "Bitcoin is no longer good for payments due to high fee and chock-full mempool."

I'm sorry but that ain't good enough. Before Bitcoin became so big, it was the same with no fees and fast transactions. You can't say "we're the future because we're where Bitcoin was 5 years ago."

Bcash will run into the same problems if the network ever gets as big as Bitcoin's, which it never will. NOBODY except Bitcoin has run into Bitcoin's problems because they're millions of miles away from having a network as big.

Bitcoin has SegWit which makes off-chain scaling(Lightning Network) with ZERO fees and instant transactions possible, Bcash has no SegWit. Bcash has nothing original going and never will. They even said they would just predictably copy Bitcoin's SegWit and implement off-chain scaling themselves after forking the chain supposedly IN OPPOSITION to SegWit. How ironical and self-contradicting is that?

After Lightning goes live on Bitcoin, the likes of Ethereum, IOTA, Litecoin, ADA etc. will still have their own original chains with unique value propositions but Bcash's only 'untested' claim to usefulness will be redundant.

A word to the wise...

Unless you are a sock puppet, which I don't really blame anyone for being, just don't get sucker punched by baleful propaganda orchestrated by individuals motivated solely by self-interest.

Being a sheep is worse than being a sock puppet.

Bitcoin Judas - https://youtu.be/UP1YsMlrfF0

The Real Satoshi - https://twitter.com/NickSzabo4/status/943919997067264000

what does bitcoin judas mean? is it something positive?

regards

jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:01:30 PM

OP said it pretty much perfectly, Bitcoin cash is nothing but a poor copy and only enjoys success right now because it's not fully popular. It has nothing unique or revolutionary. I look forward to the day that bitcoin finally gets rid of bitcoin cash for good, I just hope that people then stop to listen to such people and they fade in to obscurity.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Sachinist (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:12:47 PM

This is not a propaganda, just calling it like it is for the sake of people who are less informed.

I'll leave propaganda to the likes of Ver who, 6 months before Mt Gox went bust, shamelessly took a payment to promote it and vouch for its solvency. The guy is a felon and shill-monger, plain and simple, always has been.

As for Jihan, the only reason he announced Bcash fork is to centralize the Bitcoin name and become the Chairman Mao (Zedong) of Bitcoin. I'm not even going to waste my breath talking about the conman, fake Satoshi, Craig Wright.

Sometimes, when calling out propagandists, you tend to come across as promoting one yourself. This is unavoidable but a spade is a spade.

Dissension, splits motivated by greed inevitably leads to the proverbial tragedy of the commons. We either all win or we all lose.

To the newbies - Don't listen to people who try to drive a wedge between the community to line their own pockets.

There are so many altcoins out there now and each of them has such outstanding, unique, non-cloned value proposition. Some of them are even energy-efficient which is a long-term threat they pose Bitcoin if Bitcoin doesn't adapt and evolve. Sure, a lot of them were developed from bitcoin source code but NONE of them shamelessly jack the Bitcoin name.

Bcash is a minority miner centralized coin with majority control in Bitmain's hands. The ONLY 'value proposition' they have is, "Bitcoin is no longer good for payments due to high fee and chock-full mempool."

I'm sorry but that ain't good enough. Before Bitcoin became so big, it was the same with no fees and fast transactions. You can't say "we're the future because we're where Bitcoin was 5 years ago."

Bcash will run into the same problems if the network ever gets as big as Bitcoin's, which it never will. NOBODY except Bitcoin has run into Bitcoin's problems because they're millions of miles away from having a network as big.

Bitcoin has SegWit which makes off-chain scaling(Lightning Network) with ZERO fees and instant transactions possible, Bcash has no SegWit. Bcash has nothing original going and never will. They even said they would just predictably copy Bitcoin's SegWit and implement off-chain scaling themselves after forking the chain supposedly IN OPPOSITION to SegWit. How ironical and self-contradicting is that?

After Lightning goes live on Bitcoin, the likes of Ethereum, IOTA, Litecoin, ADA etc. will still have their own original chains with unique value propositions but Bcash's only 'untested' claim to usefulness will be redundant.

A word to the wise...

Unless you are a sock puppet, which I don't really blame anyone for being, just don't get sucker punched by baleful propaganda orchestrated by individuals motivated solely by self-interest.

regards

No. The video shows the face of Bcash, who defected the real bitcoin to pump and profit from a centralized clone coin, promoting and vouching for the solvency of a shady exchange which went bankrupt in 2014, few months after the video was made.

Put simply, Bcash is a blatant attempt to centralize Bitcoin by chinese mining cartel, Bitmain. Anyone with even the slightest understanding of how Bitcoin works can see it but the target for Bcash are newbies who are vulnerable and easily manipulated.
tund3r

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:44:12 PM

A word to the wise...

regards

No. The video shows the face of Bcash, who defected the real bitcoin to pump and profit from a centralized clone coin, promoting and vouching for the solvency of a shady exchange which went bankrupt in 2014, few months after the video was made.

Put simply, Bcash is a blatant attempt to centralize Bitcoin by chinese mining cartel, Bitmain. Anyone with even the slightest understanding of how Bitcoin works can see it but the target for Bcash are newbies who are vulnerable and easily manipulated.
The promise of bitcoin is fast, cheap, anonymous, safe transactions, if bitcoin core was delivering on the promise bitcoin cash would not have a chance
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:03:07 PM

To be honest the reason behind of this situation is Bitcoin cash loses it financial stability in the world trade market unlike bitcoin that continuously waving its name in the industry and shows that they are always the number one and never be replace by other companies.
RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:17:51 PM

Why has it got to be "either/or", why can't they co-exist?

Let me make it clear. I don't 'want' bcash to die but they have nothing else going for them. They cloned an altcoin with the express intent to FUD and attack Bitcoin. Their only spiel is "we have low fee transactions", which every single altcoin out there does. None of them have a network to speak of.

Until Lightning gets launched, they are going to keep rinsing and repeating the dose of attacking the network with spam transactions, manipulating hashrate around difficulty retarget periods and highlighting the mempool.

All of that notwishstanding, simple question. Why do we even need a centralized blockchain anyway?

Yes, your argument is reasonable. But when will the Lightning be launched? Right now even with a Segwit address on Nano Ledger, which is supposed to be "cheap", the fees are unbarebly high.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:31:13 PM

Great article, thanks for supporting the real Bitcoin, and letting people know about scam Bcash.
Bcash is a coin of no striking character and basically they are copying the idea of ​​another coin, so Bcash can disappear completely. Bitcoin is well on the rise with the crypto market, and I think that January 2018 is the time when bitcoin and altcoin grow well as investors return after the New Year holiday.
GeePeeU

Activity: 540
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:52:12 PM

With all the major payment processors adopting Bitcoin-Cash in 2018, I think you will be incredible wrong.

I for one, can't wait to start using my Bitpay card again. I have not used the thing in over a year because of how ludicrous the transaction fees for Bitcoin have become.

Bitcoin-Cash revitalizes the true Bitcoin function in my mind. Being able to spread the (Original) Philosophy, and efficiency to retailers when using a Bitpay card is a very powerful tool for adoption.

Always doubt.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:41:25 AM

I don't think bcash will become useless or not used often. Lesser altcoins are still around and surviving so I don't see why bcash wouldn't survive as well. It works well and is quick. Many places are now accepting it, well mostly gambling places but it's a start.

With all the major payment processors adopting Bitcoin-Cash in 2018, I think you will be incredible wrong.

I for one, can't wait to start using my Bitpay card again. I have not used the thing in over a year because of how ludicrous the transaction fees for Bitcoin have become.

Bitcoin-Cash revitalizes the true Bitcoin function in my mind. Being able to spread the (Original) Philosophy, and efficiency to retailers when using a Bitpay card is a very powerful tool for adoption.

I think majot places that accept bitcoin will accept maybe 5 or so currencies. So like eth doge ltc bcash btg and the rest.

Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:58:34 AM

Since coinbase it is 4.5 to 1
That's due to insider trading otherwise there would be no chance of such price.

I would tell you that due to that same coinbase,BCH price would crash in january.Coinbase has announced that free BCH coins would be issued during january to all those who held their bitcoins during the hard fork.So,huge volume of free BCH would be dumped at the same time which would crash BCH price.

So,whoever wish to drive on BCH better sell their coins before coinbase's issue of free coins.I hope it may also be the end of BCH.

I dont know what will happen in the future. Crash or not of any altcoin will be amswered by time itself.
However, i dont really like forking altcoin so if bch die then its not problem for me. Amd in this case, i think better to sell your bch soon because so many bad news about bch recently.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:33:27 AM

I mean it's like he said, Bcash puts a band aid on the problem kicking the scaling problems can down the road. In exchange for this band aid you trade off decentralization which was the whole purpose of bitcoin.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:44:33 AM

I think so. Bitcoin is becoming more valuable in this coming year and it will be a factor affecting tool in the money market. Day by day the market volume is getting bigger and bigger so that the amount of money also gathering at a massive level.

In that sense, Bitcoin market is becoming a large market that is going to be a fact for the capital world. Though the money is the all in all in this world so that Bitcoin will dominate in the coming future and it will be a great platform for investing and saving purpose. Not only that but also it's becoming a threat for other conventional monetary systems.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:00:54 AM

I think so. Bitcoin is becoming more valuable in this coming year and it will be a factor affecting tool in the money market. Day by day the market volume is getting bigger and bigger so that the amount of money also gathering at a massive level.

In that sense, Bitcoin market is becoming a large market that is going to be a fact for the capital world. Though the money is the all in all in this world so that Bitcoin will dominate in the coming future and it will be a great platform for investing and saving purpose. Not only that but also it's becoming a threat for other conventional monetary systems.

You have a point in your opinion but since bitcoin price are volatility we cannot sure if the price will go up or down in the future the crypto market are so big every single day the volume are increase.
However theres a lot of prediction that this year most altcoin will not survive and the price of bitcoin will go up and up.
I dont see bcash will die ether I see this altcoin will pump up again like bitcoin.

hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:32:11 AM

I doubt it will happen, because to this day BCH higher price. maybe such a theory will happen and make sense, but in fact many people can argue that BCH will be a rival of BTC.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:37:32 AM

First, I am afraid your statements are propaganda, and discriminate against others. Perhaps more accurately the answer is, let the time answer it. as long as BCH can still be enjoyed by users, then BCH will not die.

Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:48:03 AM

Say whatever you want, but Bitcoin Cash is here to stay. The Core has ignored the scaling issues for so long, and even sabotaged attempts to resolve it (such as SegWit2X and Lightning network). A few days back, the transaction fee needed for instant confirmation was close to 1,200 Sat/Byte. You will not achieve anything by spreading FUD about BCH. A better option would be to concentrate on the issues facing BTC right now.
I also believe that the developers of the original bitcoin almost deliberately ignore bitcoin scaling problems and, as a consequence, its problems with transactions. In me, it's already been the seventh day that a transaction of 0.0175 bitcoins has not passed. Is it a praised bitcoin? And why would anyone need it? These defects are just stripped of cash in cash.
Butmayselche

Activity: 32
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:00:35 PM

centralized will make bitcoincash weak and have dark future.
BCH can be used and accepted by government because that reason.
like you say bitcoin will be even more valuable
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:05:15 PM

Not either of them will die off. They will coexcist like many other coins do.

The ratio between them may be subject to some change, but if shit altcoins can gain hundreds of millions of market cap on air, bitcoin cash will keep its billions of cap as well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: