Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bcash will die in 2018 and Bitcoin will be even more valuable  (Read 808 times)
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:54:56 AM

I think it will die because of bitcoin increase, and many of the user of bitcoin cash will switch to bitcoin for the high profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:19:54 AM

bitcoin cash is not going to die just because it is shit (by definition or just opinion). if that happens then 90% of the altcoins need to die also because they too are shit. altcoins are for speculation and money-making and that will keep them alive even with 0 usage.

in case of bitcoin cash it has been acting like a parasite to be honest and parasites don't go away as long as the host they are feeding of is not strong. and at this point with the huge backlog bitcoin is not at its strongest position. and that opens way for all these altcoins including BCH to feed.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:31:09 AM

Why has it got to be "either/or", why can't they co-exist?

Let me make it clear. I don't 'want' bcash to die but they have nothing else going for them. They cloned an altcoin with the express intent to FUD and attack Bitcoin. Their only spiel is "we have low fee transactions", which every single altcoin out there does. None of them have a network to speak of.

Until Lightning gets launched, they are going to keep rinsing and repeating the dose of attacking the network with spam transactions, manipulating hashrate around difficulty retarget periods and highlighting the mempool.

All of that notwishstanding, simple question. Why do we even need a centralized blockchain anyway?

OK. I understand what you are saying. Actually I am thinking the same about BCH problems in the future if they reach Bitcoin's adoption. And for long years I have been a believer in bitcoin but today I am just waiting the second day for a transaction with a nice multidollar fee, so I am losing some nerve.

So please answer those two questions and put me at ease:
1) when is the LN going to be fully operational?
2) I have read, that in order to use LN you have to open and then close the LN channel, which takes the regular tx fee. Is it true? If it is true, than you are going to pay even more in fees than you are paying today, not less.

If you can answer those questions sensibly I am buying what you are saying.
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:37:21 AM

Under the current circumstances, it doesn't looks like Bitcoin Cash will die anytime soon. There is a lot of demand for BCH right now, especially in South Korea (perhaps by the Chinese investors). And the reasons are there for everyone to see. Just check this, and you will understand:

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
Sachinist (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:47:57 AM

Let me make it clear. I don't 'want' bcash to die but they have nothing else going for them. They cloned an altcoin with the express intent to FUD and attack Bitcoin. Their only spiel is "we have low fee transactions", which every single altcoin out there does. None of them have a network to speak of.

Until Lightning gets launched, they are going to keep rinsing and repeating the dose of attacking the network with spam transactions, manipulating hashrate around difficulty retarget periods and highlighting the mempool.

All of that notwishstanding, simple question. Why do we even need a centralized blockchain anyway?

OK. I understand what you are saying. Actually I am thinking the same about BCH problems in the future if they reach Bitcoin's adoption. And for long years I have been a believer in bitcoin but today I am just waiting the second day for a transaction with a nice multidollar fee, so I am losing some nerve.

So please answer those two questions and put me at ease:
1) when is the LN going to be fully operational?
2) I have read, that in order to use LN you have to open and then close the LN channel, which takes the regular tx fee. Is it true? If it is true, than you are going to pay even more in fees than you are paying today, not less.

If you can answer those questions sensibly I am buying what you are saying.

LN is already being phased in by some payment providers. Opening a channel is a regular transaction but it's only a one-time fee. That fee will go down drastically once all exchanges adopt SegWit, as the mempool will clear up.

You can pay multiple parties over a period of time through a channel, which means once a channel is open you can even pay people 1 satoshi through the channel with ZERO fee. It's a virtuous cycle, as more and more people use LN, the mempool will have few unconfirmed transactions and therefore, even the fee to open and close channels will be very minimal.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

Neither one of them will die in 2018. As much as we hate BCH, it will still continue and live in 2018. For me, it will make another move to create FUD and try to take some investors on bitcoin to shift on their favor. But I don't think that a wise investors will just do that because of the problems we are currently facing.

And for Bitcoin, it will remain the no. 1 on the crypto list and the most investment portfolio pushing the price to another heights. But it will take some time because of the high tx fees and slow confirmations that we are experiencing right now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:24:54 AM

Bitcoin Cash has a purpose. It will not die as long as that purpose exists. I just checked the number of unconfirmed transactions in Blockchain. It is around 172,000. The minimum fee required for instant confirmation is 540 Sat/Byte, which is still quite high. Therefore the existence of BCH is justified.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:25:56 AM

Neither one of them will die in 2018. As much as we hate BCH, it will still continue and live in 2018. For me, it will make another move to create FUD and try to take some investors on bitcoin to shift on their favor. But I don't think that a wise investors will just do that because of the problems we are currently facing.

And for Bitcoin, it will remain the no. 1 on the crypto list and the most investment portfolio pushing the price to another heights. But it will take some time because of the high tx fees and slow confirmations that we are experiencing right now.
That's right even how people say that bch will die it won't happen just like how eth did before, as long as crypto supporters are willing to take the
risk both coins will continue and they will bring more impact, better to keep investing while the value is down and wait for it turned to move back
again and rise high.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
LastRolling

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:36:09 PM

if the bitcoin cash sir this year 2018i think the bitcoin will boom, because many users of bitcoin cash will turn their investments to bitcoin and start buying more bitcoin and when its happened the price of bitcoin will increase.
Icaraswipeout

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:44:03 PM

You have a point there.

Even though I think that BCash wont totally disapear. Just stabilize itself a some low level.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:19:45 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 05:59:33 AM by bitkilo

I think it will die because of bitcoin increase, and many of the user of bitcoin cash will switch to bitcoin for the high profit.
You got that back the front, BTC users will probably start to use BCH this year so they can actually pay for something in bitcoin without the tx fee costing more than the item itself.  Tongue

zaytsevsasha654

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:03:53 AM

It would be nice if many people earned on the Internet a lot of people are now working on their work spends a lot of time.
Sachinist (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:19:54 PM

You got that back the front, BTC users will probably start to use BCH this year so they can actually pay for something in bitcoin without the tx fee costing more than the item itself.  Tongue

What's the tx fee on the Bitcoin network again?  Tongue

Bcash is now redundant. What little value it has now is a derivative owed to its plagiarizing the Bitcoin name.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 11:50:36 PM

What's the tx fee on the Bitcoin network again?  Tongue

Bcash is now redundant. What little value it has now is a derivative owed to its plagiarizing the Bitcoin name.
Ok smart-ass, fees are now low again on the btc network, i know.
Where were you when I posted that, back when fees were easily costing $10-$100+ per transaction?

Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:20:54 AM

but now its 2018 and Q2 to be specific but bcash still on the scene and just following the price movement as what bitcoins leading..when will this "dying issue"happening?mid of this year,or later?thoughi have no bad thinking about bcash but i dont know i just dont like the coin,or maybe i really hates copycat
sky9314

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:03:05 AM

Bcash is unlikely to die in 2018, and it will not even die in the future, and there will be more supporters to join it. Although I do not like bcash, but have to admit bcash is stronger than we think now. They have large consortia and numerous supporters. Many miners have also been bcash in the past. This world is not something that we don't like. It will die. We must acknowledge this fact.
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:50:10 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is cash and we do not know how many years it will die.
Do not dump BCH, Bitcoin prices are increasing now. Growth gradually increases gradually. BCH has already exceeded $ 1000 and will continue to grow further. It will not dump until the maximum price is raised.
Ashleybarnes2

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:54:05 PM

I think the lightning network getting underway will be the final blow that will kill of bcash. There is something very calculated and snakey about rojer ver and Craig wright. The dev con event last month where vital called out Craig wright is the kind of thing I think we need influencers to call out more often
vipaleks

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:11:42 PM

this is not a fact, maybe bitcoin cache will show itself very well, as well as bitcoin Smiley
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:26:44 PM

2018 will be too early for Bitcoin Cash to run in a serious problem of lack of nodes and miners. Bcash's creator will continue to pump it and try to convince other people that it is the real Bitcoin without providing any useful information. Bitcoin.com situation becomes worse and worse. They sold Bitcoin Cash as BTC and this cause commotion among some new Bitcoin owners. I think that Bitcoin Cash will slowly die because Lightning Network seems to be pretty stable at this point. Things might change but I really doubt that something bad might happen to Bitcoin.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: