Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Blockchain of China??  (Read 567 times)
GratefulDeadhead

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:26:45 PM

Why every successful idea needs to be copied by Chinese?? Chinese ETH, bitcoin, now Iota. Why we need this copy of a copy and all those forks??

ITC is not a copy of IOTA.

ITC will use its own Blockchain, not the Tangle. Furthermore, ITC and IOTA have completely different aims. While IOTA seeks to facilitate microtransactions within the Internet of Things, ITC is geared towards improving security within the Internet of Things. Rather than being a copy of IOTA, or even a competitor of IOTA, ITC can work alongside IOTA.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
craigpo

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:52:24 PM

imo they're only getting started. I remember reading this thread when they were $1 and now they're almost $8. HODL all the ITC  Grin

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/
apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:42:36 PM

Very exciting project. Here is a good response from someone I saw on Reddit about ITC vs IOTA (although this post by huffpost was cool too: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-beginners-guide-to-iot-chain-the-iota-of-china_us_5a4a4edee4b06cd2bd03e183)

This coin has a lot of potential. I invested a week back and extremely enthusiastic about this project. It has that same vibe which NEO and WTC had in their early days: not well-known in the Western community, high volume but low price, team planning to ramp up marketing to the West. There is
actually more to this coin than OP mentions:
-It is not only DAG, it is a combination of blockchain and DAG where the DAG is spread over the nodes
-It has gotten significant VC investments from very respected VCs in China, such as Link Capital Finance and the largest Chinese crypto fund FBG (who also invested in OMG and 0x). If that doesn't validate the project, I don't know what will
-They have a pdf on their website where they show what the partnerships consist of. These are not empty partnerships, but these companies will actually use their products
-They are producing their own hardware chips
-The Chinese are going crazy for it. The Telegram is full of Chinese people and volume on Okex and Huobi only was over $100m a couple of days ago, on a $130m market cap
-They have confirmed in the TG that they will have lots of announcements in Q1 2018, including a future option to lock-in the tokens for dividends
-They have also confirmed in the TG that they aim to ramp up marketing to the West in the coming weeks
-They have also said that they expect to outperform their roadmap and release Mainnet much earlier than currently mentioned
-The team currently consists of 20+ people
-They have paid a listing fee to Binance a month ago
keung0109

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:43:01 PM

Cool project. Only heard about them through this article: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-beginners-guide-to-iot-chain-the-iota-of-china_us_5a4a4edee4b06cd2bd03e183
Pretty comparable to IOTA and lots of people getting in on this when they've only been focusing on Asia.
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:47:27 AM

Did any of you hear that they are planning on getting listed on Binance? If so, where do you see ITC going?
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:15:14 AM

Anyone buy at the dip??? https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/  Grin
elite2291

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:16:51 PM

How am I just finding out about ITC right now? Have always been skeptical of IOTA and glad I found out about this one. Love that they use DAG+PBFT.
jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:03:55 PM

Anyone buying the dip? I see a lot of potential in $ITC. Did anyone see their recent partnership? Was posted int his thread on the 4th page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2612309.40
L1240erion

Activity: 151

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:51:21 PM

I remember finding out about IoT chain from friends and didn't look into it for the longest time until it jumped up to $2 overnight lol. overall a very interesting projects that I hear a lot of good rumors about exchanges they're planning to hit. Tell all of your friends and family. Get ready for the ride

sandytheguy

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:57:34 PM

yes... regret a bit for not selling it at previous peak Wink
jellysky

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:12:00 PM

I also think this is neat after reading about it on Huff Po.

The Asia comparison is interesting.
Tulen1990

Activity: 222
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:00:28 PM

yes... regret a bit for not selling it at previous peak Wink

Agreed. When it hit like $9.60, I should've sold. But glad they getting more exposure: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-beginners-guide-to-iot-chain-the-iota-of-china_us_5a4a4edee4b06cd2bd03e183
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:25:39 PM

Why every successful idea needs to be copied by Chinese?? Chinese ETH, bitcoin, now Iota. Why we need this copy of a copy and all those forks??

ITC will use its own Blockchain, not the Tangle. Furthermore, ITC and IOTA have completely different aims. While IOTA seeks to facilitate microtransactions within the Internet of Things, ITC is geared towards improving security within the Internet of Things. Rather than being a copy of IOTA, or even a competitor of IOTA, ITC can work alongside IOTA.
They are really slow with their updates, if they fix that then people would reconsider. I think that the price of IOTA can get to $20.00.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:29:40 PM

They are really slow with their updates, if they fix that then people would reconsider. I think that the price of IOTA can get to $20.00.

I don't think they're slow with their updates...they posted one like yesterday lol. https://medium.com/@IoT_Chain/itc-project-progress-update-2018-1-6-2018-1-12-dbb8d6e0db49

Overall a very good project that deserves the attention. I'm sure that will be the case in the upcoming weeks.
synthlock

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:36:05 PM

Yep. If, of course, more cryptographic vulnerabilities aren't discovered with either their tangle implementation or hash function.
webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:23:22 AM

I like IOTA. It has begun to cooperate with Microsoft. Good sign. For now this partnership is unofficial but this is a matter of time. We will see like IOTA will become on the biggest cryptocurrencies.
rjefferson

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:30:58 AM

ITC has so much potential. Lots of great tech that solves the biggest barriers to IoT. Will be watching and picking some up. Great thread!
jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:12:04 PM

I like IOTA. It has begun to cooperate with Microsoft. Good sign. For now this partnership is unofficial but this is a matter of time. We will see like IOTA will become on the biggest cryptocurrencies.

I disagree lol. Their supply is a joke. I see way more potential with ITC. Their expansion into the western markets is going to be huge.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

I disagree lol. Their supply is a joke. I see way more potential with ITC. Their expansion into the western markets is going to be huge.

True, I don't like IOTA's total supply either and that's why, I'm going to buy and keep some of these ITC. They both seem to have somewhat similar aims (it's not the exact same thing though). I'm glad I found this thing before it rockets, yes the first pump is over which seems to have happened in start as its ICO price more than quadrupled already but I think the main rocket is still left for launch.
jdarren

Activity: 296
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:15:53 PM

True, I don't like IOTA's total supply either and that's why, I'm going to buy and keep some of these ITC. They both seem to have somewhat similar aims (it's not the exact same thing though). I'm glad I found this thing before it rockets, yes the first pump is over which seems to have happened in start as its ICO price more than quadrupled already but I think the main rocket is still left for launch.

Dude tell me about it. the idea of IOTA was great, but that supply turned me off. ITC is a good project that is very proactive in the community. I think they uploaded their code to github recently. https://github.com/IoTChainCode/itc-ts
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: