Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few questions if you may  (Read 99 times)
v3teran (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:56:54 PM

Is it possible to still mine LTC or EHR on a PC  or are those days long gone too?
What about say 5x Antminer S9...worth it for BTC or waste of time?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 07:05:26 PM

Is it possible to still mine LTC or EHR on a PC  or are those days long gone too?

It's possible but would take a very, very long time to mine anything of substance. You'd make more money faster using faucets!

A mining machine will mine coins faster but you have to take into account how much the electricity will cost (and the cost of the machine). In most cases, in the central latitudes of the world, electricity is too expensive to allow the return you would get from one machine to earn you a net profit. What you'd earn in bitcoin you'd be spending in electricity to produce that Bitcoin.

There are sites that will do the cost benefit analysis for you if you enter in details about your hardware and electricity costs.

Honestly, the fastest way to earn bitcoin is to just do work for wages and use those wages to buy bitcoin.
v3teran (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:39:39 PM

Is that regards to Bitcoin or Eth or LTC or ripple etc
Are the other coins worth doing apart from BTC?

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:55:28 PM

Waste of time, you will earn much more by just buying BTC And holding.
Some altcoins u can mine with graphic card, but its a fun not real income, buy BTC. Thats it, simple yet best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: