Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawing BTC from MTgox 'Invalid bitcoin address, please confirm your input'  (Read 11646 times)
btctraderr (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:14:36 AM

Exactly as the title reads, address is correct, tried multiple times on different addresses, still no luck. Give me my money MTgox! Anyone had similar problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:34:16 AM

same issue here, Ive logged a support ticket.

A quick google turns up a similar issue from 2011 which they were able to resolve once notified.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1j7kei/mtgox_not_proccessing_btc_withdrawals_invalid/

I also like to whinge on reddit Tongue

yuancraft

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:43:36 PM

+1
Invalid bitcoin address, please confirm your input
zeroblock

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:43:49 PM

What happened with these BTC withdraws?
voxelot

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:25:12 PM

just hit the same message.. thanks for opening this thread.. idk i am going to open a ticket with mt gox
nitrous

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:41:44 PM

I believe I heard on #mtgox on freenode IRC that this happens if the MtGox hot wallet is low on funds. It should be fixed quite soon, especially now that Japanese Business hours have started again.

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:45:40 AM

i am also not able to withdraw. mtgox -> one time tested -> never again
i tried to do a little abitrage.. Cheesy its not even worth if there is 50 USD difference between prices to other exchanges.
nitrous

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:01:21 AM

i tried to do a little abitrage.. Cheesy its not even worth if there is 50 USD difference between prices to other exchanges.

My guess is that with the consistent >10$ difference everyone's trying some arbitrage at the moment, hence the exhaustion of the hot wallet! :O

MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:30:32 AM

My guess is that with the consistent >10$ difference everyone's trying some arbitrage at the moment, hence the exhaustion of the hot wallet! :O
How is that?
With Gox price higher, people would want BTC to be IN gox, so they can sell high.
But what I don't get is, how are these people getting the USD out?! Since there is almost no way to withdraw USD from Gox.
nitrous

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:36:38 AM

How is that?
With Gox price higher, people would want BTC to be IN gox, so they can sell high.
But what I don't get is, how are these people getting the USD out?! Since there is almost no way to withdraw USD from Gox.

Oh yeah, good point, wasn't thinking properly. I guess people are just buying BTC and withdrawing it elsewhere, hence the continuing rise in the exchange rate. Arbitrage would then only make sense once USD withdrawal problems are sorted out.

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:14:38 AM

How is that?

thats the problem. i sold some BTC on gox. wanted to transfer out my euros. my bank account got denied 1 week later. so i bought my BTC back and wanted to transfer them back to my wallet. now i get the error when withdrawing
finally i got goxed  Undecided
TheJamesFund

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:36:10 AM

Such Bullshit. The point of having BTC is not having shit froze or runs on the bank... WTF is wrong with these people. Withdrawing.... error again
btctraderr (OP)

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:07:49 AM

I placed a support ticket, and kept trying to withdraw, as I clicked it for the millionth time it was a success. Same address, same everything. The support desk person must have either flicked a switch and made it work or the hotwallet got some more funds.
TheJamesFund

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:30:44 AM

I placed a support ticket, and kept trying to withdraw, as I clicked it for the millionth time it was a success. Same address, same everything. The support desk person must have either flicked a switch and made it work or the hotwallet got some more funds.

I am withdrawing mine. Working off and on. Have to be worried at this point. It's Like a serious run on the bank feeling.
subwolf

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:11:04 PM

Same situ here, trying every now and then.
voxelot

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:37:11 PM

I got a reply back from my support ticket.

"Hello Vox,

Thank you for contacting us. It appears for some reason this error is triggered from the platform for few BTC withdrawals specially, we are currently investigating on the cause and the solution.

However please drop a line if you were able to withdraw after a while. We appreciate your patience and sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com"

Hope this helps.. I think it just boils down to the things you want to do to make money are going to be made hard? lulz

Forget about getting your central bank money back after investing in BTC?  I'm in it for the long haul and have no interest in not having BTC =D

Regards
voxelot

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:03:58 AM

And to be fair.. I received this a few minutes ago... I am not trying to send that BTC anymore atm so idk if it is fixed but.. try again.. it's probably fixed.

"Hello Nathan,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As of now the issue has been resolved, However still you face any difficulties regarding the Invalid Address let me know.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Regards,

Vox
zeroblock

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:43:23 AM

And to be fair.. I received this a few minutes ago... I am not trying to send that BTC anymore atm so idk if it is fixed but.. try again.. it's probably fixed.

"Hello Nathan,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As of now the issue has been resolved, However still you face any difficulties regarding the Invalid Address let me know.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Regards,

Vox

So it took 7 hours?
voxelot

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:56:17 PM

"Hello Nathan,

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Regards,

Vox

So it took 7 hours?

It was more like 24-48 hours between their twp emails.. I didn't get the first message that I had sent a ticket posted right away... I never tried re-sending to the address that wasn't working.. I just sent to a different address.
bezzeb

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:55:59 PM

Just chiming in that this "Invalid bitcoin address, please confirm your input" BS is still alive and well.  Count me as another screwed pooch.  I can't even believe how cross this makes me...  Mt. Gox can't expect to survive with this kind of "Paypal'esque" customer abuse can they?

Srsly wtf.  Telling me my addresses are bad to cover their lack of funds?  What evil.  Do they care how much time I wasted trying addresses from 4 different wallets before coming here to find kindred souls? 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: