Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Review/Guide) Ebit E9 Plus 9.0 Th/s, 1300W Bitcoin (SHA-256) ASIC miner  (Read 10396 times)
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:24:03 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 03:46:39 AM by frodocooper

I have a question regarding the E9+ and I hope to get some help...

Doesn't seem like a healthy temp to me. If it got hotter then normal in your apartment it could go up to a bad range easily. I wouldn't trust it. Maybe if that was the hottest it ever got on the hottest day of the summer, but still not good for the lifespan of the miner. Mine runs at 43.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from stelee68.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:35:51 PM

70 Celsius temp area is somewhat ok, but if it reaches up to >80C, I would be a little worried.

stelee68

Activity: 684
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:44:16 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 03:47:09 AM by frodocooper

70 Celsius temp area is somewhat ok, but if it reaches up to >80C, I would be a little worried.

Thanks H-FIN, much appreciated.

Doesn't seem like a healthy temp to me. If it got hotter then normal in your apartment it could go up to a bad range easily. I wouldn't trust it. Maybe if that was the hottest it ever got on the hottest day of the summer, but still not good for the lifespan of the miner. Mine runs at 43.

Thanks for your input too.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to fix broken quote formatting and to remove both a quote from a deleted post and stelee68's response to that deleted quote.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction  
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine      
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch    

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:27:41 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 08:06:58 PM by The Demon Slick

I got this from HagssFIN on another thread, dl the ebit mini from the ebang site as he described,  get the miner ip. Change your computer ip to the same domain as the miner, Google how if you don't know. Now you can log into the miner. Enable dhcp. Then reboot the miner. Reset your computer ip to the way it was. Reboot. The miner should now have an ip in the same domain as your router,  and you should be able to see it in the web browser and your router homepage. Use the ebit mini again if you need to for the new ip.

HagssFIN I have a couple questions if you come by, what lights are on the hashboards inside? I have 3 boards, green lights on the 2 outside boards, the center board has a flashing red light. Not the controller,  the boards themselves inside. Peek in through the fan. I don't know if that's normal but I am starting to suspect I bought a used one with a bad hashboard. I saw it drop a few times and come back on its own.  I asked on the other thread but it's old and long. Do you think I have a bad board? If so any idea where I can buy a replacement? I'm averaging. 0011 btc/day which seems about right I think... I'm totally new to this.
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 11:12:40 PM

Green led is miner activity.

Red led is error / fault.

You should contact Ebang, troubleshoot the miner with their help and see if you need a RMA process for the miner.

The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:42:54 AM

Fuck! I mean gosh darnnit!
Thanks.
0vn1

Activity: 255
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:21:50 PM

mine  at 600M    7.5TH/s  58°C..  is that normal ? Undecided

The king is Bitcoin
stelee68

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:51:25 AM

mine  at 600M    7.5TH/s  58°C..  is that normal ? Undecided

Mine was at 750 PLL, 9~9.5TH/s, temp 68~72 degrees C.

Maybe you can try setting the PLL to 750...

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction  
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine      
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch    

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
0vn1

Activity: 255
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:44:37 AM

I just saw it thanks

The king is Bitcoin
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:35:05 PM

The review is now slightly updated and there is also a nicely formatted version (.pdf document) now available.  Smiley

Last updated in: February 17, 2018.

Nicely formatted version (February 17, 2018) available for download here (Mega.nz cloud service):
https://mega.nz/#!Vg0FwRBI!O_DtECS2ZCOMl5zE3ly_iymvSEZycrlIomxpe6aCO6Y

stelee68

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:27:34 PM

Hi need help!

After 2 weeks of not switching on my E9+ miner, I got it running 10 hours ago, and noticed that the hash rate dropped from the usual 9+ TH/s to current 6TH/s.

The Ebit software shows :
Board1 temp(°): 32
Board2 temp(°): 69
Board3 temp(°): 68

Naturally I suspect the board 1 is not running as per normal. I checked the miner and peeped inside, all the boards LED lights are flashing and everything looks normal.

I tried connecting to Kano pool & slushpool, both pools show that I'm getting about 6TH/s hash power.

Any advise please?

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 12:29:26 PM

There are issues with the board 1, can't really figure out more without more information.  Undecided

stelee68

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:32:58 PM

There are issues with the board 1, can't really figure out more without more information.  Undecided

Yep I think the board 1 has issues too.

What other information do you require to help me figure it out?

Much appreciated your help, bro HagssFIN.

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 12:37:42 PM

PM me all the log information available.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:04:48 AM

Do we know how to perform a "reset to factory settings" or something like that?

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
stelee68

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:05:40 AM

Yep I think the board 1 has issues too.

What other information do you require to help me figure it out?

Much appreciated your help, bro HagssFIN.

Further to this technical problem I am having with my E9+ :-

I contacted Ebang Tech support in China (via Wechat), and after much trouble-shooting over wechat, we concluded that The Miner Board 1 is faulty.

I am arranging for DHL to ship the miner back to Ebang for warranty repair.

For those who are in need of their address & support for after-sales:-

返修地址:云南省保山市隆阳区汉庄镇保山工贸园区8号厂房二楼 云南亿邦 郑雪艳 15718752246(所有版本的矿机全部回寄云南)(不要发中通,圆通,申通)再寄之前要把矿机照片发给我,且整机寄过来,并且附一张纸写上客户的回寄地址随矿机一起寄过来,方便寄回,谢谢

Yunnan Ebang Communication Co., Ltd
District Industrial and Commercial Park District on the 8th
Longyang District,
Baoshan City,
Yunnan Province,
678000 Hanzhuang Town, Baoshan

Attn: Miss Zheng
phone number: 15718752246

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
stelee68

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:52:29 PM

I had quite an unpleasant experience with Ebang after-sales service.

I contacted them during late Feb because of a faulty hashboard. Was told to ship it back to them for trouble-shooting and replacement (which I hope). Wasn't really clear on that.

Sent the E9+ with DHL to Ebang on 2nd March, and 11 days later today, the miner is still in China custom.

First was the documentation the Chinese Custom requires, Ebang refused to submit them. I wechat-ed the relevant dept and was told to fill-in some excel forms for export declaration (which I think was not relevant because it should importing, not exporting).

True enough, the docs were rejected and I bulldozed the poor chap to contact DHL China. They gave in and did as I said.

Today, the same ebang chap contacted me via wechat again, asking me to call him on his office line, which I did.

To my surprise, I am told to pay for the custom import tax. After some time on the phone reasoning with him, I relented and agreed to pay. When asked who should I contact to make payment, he said he doesn't know and ask me to wait for DHL China/China Custom/DHL Singapore to contact me for further instructions.

Well, I am lost for words now. Totally unexpected, and have absolutely no idea how long this is going to drag on.

I am mentally prepared to have the E9+ ship back to me and I take it as a lesson learnt.

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:48:13 PM

I had quite an unpleasant experience with Ebang after-sales service.

I contacted them during late Feb because of a faulty hashboard. Was told to ship it back to them for trouble-shooting and replacement (which I hope). Wasn't really clear on that.

Sent the E9+ with DHL to Ebang on 2nd March, and 11 days later today, the miner is still in China custom.

First was the documentation the Chinese Custom requires, Ebang refused to submit them. I wechat-ed the relevant dept and was told to fill-in some excel forms for export declaration (which I think was not relevant because it should importing, not exporting).

True enough, the docs were rejected and I bulldozed the poor chap to contact DHL China. They gave in and did as I said.

Today, the same ebang chap contacted me via wechat again, asking me to call him on his office line, which I did.

To my surprise, I am told to pay for the custom import tax. After some time on the phone reasoning with him, I relented and agreed to pay. When asked who should I contact to make payment, he said he doesn't know and ask me to wait for DHL China/China Custom/DHL Singapore to contact me for further instructions.

Well, I am lost for words now. Totally unexpected, and have absolutely no idea how long this is going to drag on.

I am mentally prepared to have the E9+ ship back to me and I take it as a lesson learnt.

I'm having same kind of experience as you do.

I have three E9+ machines that are not working at all.

I sent them to Ebang after we did a troubleshooting session with Lynn from Ebang.

I sent them using Finnish postal service Posti and their EMS (express mail service) service.

The shipment arrived in China very fast, but..
the three machines have now been stuck in Kunming customs for about two months.

And when I was finally able to contact Kunming customs, they told me that only a company can send such goods to China.  Huh

And that the shipment would need to be shipped back here in Finland.

Then I made an official request via Posti to ask my shipment back from China. No replies yet after few emails..

I asked Lynn what a hell should I do as I don't have a company or a commercial name. She suggested that I should use DHL.

I said her that DHL is freaking expensive here in Finland and it would cost me about 500EUR to ship three machines to China.

She has not made a single effort after that to further help me on this issue.

This is the worst aftersale support ever.

Do not buy Ebang miners.

I've lost so much money with trying mining with Ebit hardware.

I will most likely smash and burn those faulty machines when/if the shipment returns to me.

Experimenter

Activity: 76
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:48:09 PM

From what I know, shipping via DHL won't be much different, as it will still need to go through customs. I may be wrong though...

If Ebang will accept a miner in several pieces, you can probably send the boards separately and hope the customs will not be interested to know what is inside. Though, I suspect Ebang will not agree to get their product back in several (different) shipments...

Have you tried to look for a local repair shop? I don't know what issues you had with your miners, but a good electronics engineer could probably do some basic checks and (with some luck, indeed) may be able to recover some of the hashing power.
Still better than smashing and burning the machines, IMO...
stelee68

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:28:00 AM

So I have a dead hashboard. I did the logical thing. I dismantled the E9+ and switched boards, switched power connectors and data cables to the board.

Still the same, the conclusion is a dead board.

I took out the dead one, and moved the remaining 2 boards into this position - board 1 -->empty space --> board 2.

And I remove the intake fan and just run the miner with the output fan. To my pleasure, its is now running at 6plus TH/s and alot quieter. Temp of the two working boards is constantly at about 65 degrees C.

Now I'm thinking to get 2 lower RPM fans for both push and pull, and replace the current miner's fan. Probably like 1000-3000 RPM, maybe?

Any recommendation pls? Need the model number preferably.

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: