Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia: Lot of users with issues in withdrawal and deposit  (Read 1273 times)
Neo Baudrillard (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:05:53 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 03:32:12 AM by Neo Baudrillard

Friends,
I'm opening this topic to expose what's going on with various users of the Cryptopia exchange. I know we are at a holiday party and many rocks are overloaded, but what Cryptopia is doing with its users is not correct. If there is a problem with the system they need to use their communication channels to warn you what is happening. It's the least respect we can expect. In social networks there are several reports of users who are waiting for more than 15 days without having service. I will update this topic with all the problems that are occurring mainly regarding deposits of some currencies that simply are not credited to the users account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Neo Baudrillard (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:11:07 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 03:25:46 AM by Neo Baudrillard

Starting with the problem that I and several users are passing in relation to the ETN Electroneum coin. Several users have deposited their portfolios for the exchange and have not been credited for a few days. My deposit already has more than 1633 confirmations in Blockchain and simply the coins are not credited to my account. Proof of deposit is at the link below:

https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/prove/1e251efb652c0570ae3bcdd6a22d475c41284fa5cb75cf1dca1a4070da937dd4/etnjzKFU6ogESSKRZZbdqraPdcKVxEC17Cm1Xvbyy76PARQMmgrgceH4krAH6xmjKwJ3HtSAKuyFm1BBWYqtchtq9tBap8Qr4M/9dfe1823409dca7409f58789ed01e2aa3d4d9f4e1e6af558e7e34d3c490e6b08

In the link below there is the report of the various users who are going through the same problem
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/4024

Piarb

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:22:44 PM

No warn. No support. No tweets. No forum answers. 40+ wallets is out of date. Deposits are stuck. Very bad.
http://clip2net.com/clip/m534343/8be35-clip-168kb.png

DHTE1B

Activity: 111
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:26:10 PM

Can confirm deposit i made 2 days ago lost in space. No answer from support. Cryptopia should be named Craptopia.
mr angry

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:19:15 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 01:43:48 AM by mr angry

The cryptopia wallet might be out of sync, on a fork, or have database corruption.

The cryptopia wallet status page shows the Electroneum wallet at a block height of 83679, whereas the Electroneum block explorer shows the latest block heigh is 83717. That makes it over 30 blocks out of sync with the network.

This is the cryptopia wallet status page

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=ETN

This is the block explorer.

https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/

The cryptopia Electroneum wallet only has one connection, while most of the other coins wallets have numerous connections. That one connection being out of sync with the rest of the network could be causing your problems.

Try contacting cryptopia and pointing out that discrepancy in block heights, there must be some problem causing the discrepancy, possibly either a node out of sync, a fork. or database corruption.

There's quite a few sync issues, and database corruption problems being discussed on the Electroneum github.

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/issues
Neo Baudrillard (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 04:10:54 PM

There are several users with the same problem, we created a thread in the Cryptopia forum to try to solve it, join us:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/4024

MyCoinsGotStolen

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:01:02 PM

If it was just a minor problem.  Sure, it happens.  Taking a while to answer support tickets, sure it happens.  

For almost all of the posts in the forums to be about missing deposits, missing withdraws, not limited to any few coins,  it is many many coins.

The problem is when they advise of a 12 day window in responding to tickets, yet numerous people are over 3 weeks and still have not heard anything from their support.  

Not only do they not respond to most people.  If you try to bring it up on their discord channel, you get banned.  

But the absolute worst part that I am reading on their own forums.. Since their server upgrade at Christmas, tickets for withdraws that do not show have been answered and verified by the user.  I have yet to see ANY posts from people from Dec. 26th 2017 to current that has a missing deposit and has either finally gotten a message on their support ticket or has received their coins back.

Furthermore,  this is not the exception to the rule.  It seems to be the new rule,  I am not sure if the owners do not care about the image that they are giving themselves, or if they do not care because of the huge volume of new users that they can afford to skim large deposits from people.  Especially, since they specifically include that even problems caused by them, they cannot be held responsible for.

Except, that might fool many people that are ignorant of consumer financial protection legislation.  Which in New Zealand, where Cryptopia is based in Christchurch, does offer consumer financial securities protection through the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.  

Since they fall under the category of operating a value transfer service, and they are registered under New Zealand's Financial Services Registry, and fall under the enforcement of the New Zealand Financial Market's Authority.  

Under part 4, section 28 of the Consumer Guarantees Act of 1993 services supplied by Cryptopia are guaranteed to be done with reasonable care and skill.  Fortunately, for us as customers of Cryptopia we are guaranteed certain consumer protections under New Zealand law since they are a value transfer service.  

They must guarantee certain protections to consumers, whether or not we are citizens, or residents of New Zealand.  Furthermore, they can also incur civil liability due to an omission, which would include not advising your customers that there are problems with deposits after their infrastructure upgrade.  

Neo Baudrillard (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:24:49 PM

I keep waiting since december 23.  I did not know they were updating the servers. They should have closed users' access to do this.

My transaction was perfect, it could only have been their problem.

My Wallet:
https://imgur.com/a/RgbLs

Prove of my transaction:
https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/prove/1e251efb652c0570ae3bcdd6a22d475c41284fa5cb75cf1dca1a4070da937dd4/etnjzKFU6ogESSKRZZbdqraPdcKVxEC17Cm1Xvbyy76PARQMmgrgceH4krAH6xmjKwJ3HtSAKuyFm1BBWYqtchtq9tBap8Qr4M/9dfe1823409dca7409f58789ed01e2aa3d4d9f4e1e6af558e7e34d3c490e6b08

sickbizon

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:02:20 AM

I am having the same problem whith them for a ETH deposit. I can see my founds on my Cryptopia ETH adress whith etherscan, but not on my acount. Wating for support to reply since over 3 weeks. 
LexLuther

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:36:29 AM

Glad I found this thread.  I was just about to send funds to Cryptopia for trading.  Will find another exchange for trading.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Bounty]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Neo Baudrillard (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:35:02 PM
Merited by Zocadas (5)

Guys,

this time the news is good.

My deposit was credited to my account. I waited for 30 days, but today, I went in and saw that the coins were in my wallet.

What happened was that they had a big problem with one of the first pumps made by John McAfee, since they were the only exchange that traded #ETN. They ended up growing very fast, increased more than 10 times access in a short time. This happened during the holiday season. They have not come back with the LTC and DOGE trades. Have patience and do not forget to open a support ticket and charge in their forum that even in the delay you will receive the coins. I received it, I believe you will too.

guneytasyurek

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:23:36 PM

Guys,

My deposit was credited to my account. I waited for 30 days, but today, I went in and saw that the coins were in my wallet.

What happened was that they had a big problem with one of the first pumps made by John McAfee, since they were the only exchange that traded #ETN. They ended up growing very fast, increased more than 10 times access in a short time. This happened during the holiday season. They have not come back with the LTC and DOGE trades. Have patience and do not forget to open a support ticket and charge in their forum that even in the delay you will receive the coins. I received it, I believe you will too.

Happy for you man! i havent receive my coins since first of january , this makes me so crazy and restrained me trading good coins at low price Sad crytopia is a just dissapointing!!
sickbizon

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:36:21 AM

My ETH does still not show and still no responce from support.
I'm trying to stay polite whith them.
guneytasyurek

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:00:13 AM

Doesnt matter you are polite or not , they dont respond . I have been polite with them since first of january , they havent reply yet. When did you deposit ?
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:33:50 PM

If support of cryptopia doesn't respond, you can ask on forum or chat. In many cases mods and users can help in figuring out issues. Mostly slow network or upgrading wallets by devs are causing delays. So it is better to wait a few days before opening a support ticket or asking first in chat or forum.
Guys,

Great to see such a detailed feedback of you. Many OP just leave their threads, when their issues are solved.
escobol

Activity: 154
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Their forum is flooded with threads from users unable to withdraw.

I got problem with withdrawal btc. Others got with ETH,BTC,OMG... almost every alt got problems
Support... well there is no support

If you wanted to use cryptopia - hold horses, hold your deposits (there are also threads abt missing deposits).

Something is not right.

Few days ago there was info

"Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, our current bank has notified us that they intend to close our NZDT account on 9 February. Due to this, we are announcing an immediate halt to NZDT deposits from COB today and we are asking all customers to cease sending NZD deposits to our NZDT account.

We will continue to send withdrawals up until the 9th of February if you wish to withdraw your NZDT balance. We will also place a significant sell wall on the BTC/NZDT market at a very competitive market rate to enable any users currently holding NZDT to be able to convert this to BTC at the best rates available in NZ.

Due to the extremely short notice from the bank (and little opportunity to present our case and provide compliance documentation to demonstrate our commitment to the applicable regulations), we believe this is the best course of action to protect our users.

While we are working hard to secure alternative banking services, we have to prepare for the possibility that there may be a period of time between this closure and being able to provide these services again in future.

Rest assured, Cryptopia is committed to ensuring our users remain the top priority and have access to their funds at all times. This notice is a precautionary measure and we remain hopeful that we will be able to resolve this prior to the 9th February deadline with either an extension from our current bank, or an alternative solution to ensure you can continue to trade using NZDT.

We are focused on securing lasting and open relationships with bank providers so that this will not happen again in future. Whilst some exchanges choose to operate by opening bank accounts without being transparent (and running these until they get shut down), we believe this exposes us and our customers to greater risk and uncertainty.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this causes you whilst we work hard to resolve this challenge.

Best wishes The Cryptopia Team"

Taking the above message from Cryptopia - for me it is some red light - that they got legal problem in NZ.

Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:38:54 PM

I got problem with withdrawal btc. Others got with ETH,BTC,OMG... almost every alt got problems

If you wanted to use cryptopia - hold horses, hold your deposits (there are also threads abt missing deposits).

Something is not right.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, our current bank has notified us that they intend to close our NZDT account on 9 February. Due to this, we are announcing an immediate halt to NZDT deposits from COB today and we are asking all customers to cease sending NZD deposits to our NZDT account.

We will continue to send withdrawals up until the 9th of February if you wish to withdraw your NZDT balance. We will also place a significant sell wall on the BTC/NZDT market at a very competitive market rate to enable any users currently holding NZDT to be able to convert this to BTC at the best rates available in NZ.

Due to the extremely short notice from the bank (and little opportunity to present our case and provide compliance documentation to demonstrate our commitment to the applicable regulations), we believe this is the best course of action to protect our users.

While we are working hard to secure alternative banking services, we have to prepare for the possibility that there may be a period of time between this closure and being able to provide these services again in future.

Rest assured, Cryptopia is committed to ensuring our users remain the top priority and have access to their funds at all times. This notice is a precautionary measure and we remain hopeful that we will be able to resolve this prior to the 9th February deadline with either an extension from our current bank, or an alternative solution to ensure you can continue to trade using NZDT.

We are focused on securing lasting and open relationships with bank providers so that this will not happen again in future. Whilst some exchanges choose to operate by opening bank accounts without being transparent (and running these until they get shut down), we believe this exposes us and our customers to greater risk and uncertainty.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this causes you whilst we work hard to resolve this challenge.

Taking the above message from Cryptopia - for me it is some red light - that they got legal problem in NZ.

This does not necessarily mean that Cryptopia has legal problems. Many banks boycott cryptocurrency trading. The handling by Cryptopia clearly shows, that the service is correct and customer-friendly. At least it's not worth a red light for me.
But you are right, we need to watch the problems with withdrawals. I had no problem yet and am very pleased by their service and also the support.

guneytasyurek

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:53:56 PM

Something is not right.

"Dear Valued Customer,

This does not necessarily mean that Cryptopia has legal problems. Many banks boycott cryptocurrency trading. The handling by Cryptopia clearly shows, that the service is correct and customer-friendly. At least it's not worth a red light for me.
But you are right, we need to watch the problems with withdrawals. I had no problem yet and am very pleased by their service and also the support.

How you can be happy with their support , they dont reply to support tickets i have been waiting more than a month for my deposit to be appeared still didnt receive them. Obviously no possible to withdraw coins since problem occurs during withdrawal as well.
funkyboss

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:26:17 PM

Guys,

If waiting 30 days for a deposit to go through is "good news" to you, then your bar is set pretty effin low.

I don't care what the reason for it is, if you are running an exchange and handling people's money and then have major problems with transactions where people are waiting a month for a transaction to complete (or losing funds altogether) then you don't know what you're doing and shouldn't be running an exchange.

Screw Cryptopia, I am done with them.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 4095

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:34:53 PM

The Cryptopia thiefs are holding my ZEC coins for days.
I highly recommend avoiding Cryptopia, unless you want to pay a deposit
which will never arrive on your account.
Never deposit big sums without any deposit experience on a unknown site.
Gate exchange is the best in my opinion.
Here is the link:

https://gate.io/ref/751394

Hitbtc is also good

You can't call a website a "scam" like this. Nowadays people use the word scam everywhere they can insert it. They may have a maintenance running, or any problem that may occur. It doesn't team doesn't give a sh*t about it. They are surely working on this... (This comment above).
Until now I have never got any problem with Cryptopia, while I understand some users have a problem, calling them a "scam" because you have a problem is wrong.
But hey, I guess you don't have any problem at all and just wanted to spam your referral link

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████