Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrencies make physical money disappear?  (Read 1219 times)
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:20:32 AM

As we can see the cryptocurrencies are still being established in the knowledge, socialization and full utilization of humanity, could the cryptocurrencies cause the use of physical money to be eliminated, is this possible?

I think not, I mean cryptocurrencies doesn't even need to replace physical money because it is made for transactions via online and they are very efficient in that manner.  Cryptocurrencies would be more acceptable in no time and people might not even use most of the physical money if online transactions become a primary method but I doubt physical money to be totally replaced.
Although we like the idea of having a cash less society, still it won't happen and our government will allow this thing, let us just be open for this possibility but not now and it will be just an alternative if ever just like what is happening now, we need to think of our economy as well and not only for our own sake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brainape

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:43:48 PM

As we can see the cryptocurrencies are still being established in the knowledge, socialization and full utilization of humanity, could the cryptocurrencies cause the use of physical money to be eliminated, is this possible?

I think not, I mean cryptocurrencies doesn't even need to replace physical money because it is made for transactions via online and they are very efficient in that manner.  Cryptocurrencies would be more acceptable in no time and people might not even use most of the physical money if online transactions become a primary method but I doubt physical money to be totally replaced.
but I think that in the future it is possible, even today many people use just cards for their daily purchases and there is a little paper money involve in markets. In the future credit and debit cards will be of no use and all the people will use their bitcoin wallet for their needs. It will be a very safe and prosperous atmosphere when there will no physical money in the markets.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:51:04 PM

Physical money has a  greater amount of supply compared to cryptos. Cryptos are still relatively new to laymen and fiat is used widely as the standard deferred of payment. maybe when the world is transformed to a completely digital platform crypto's can overtake cash.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:13:52 PM

but I think that in the future it is possible, even today many people use just cards for their daily purchases and there is a little paper money involve in markets. In the future credit and debit cards will be of no use and all the people will use their bitcoin wallet for their needs. It will be a very safe and prosperous atmosphere when there will no physical money in the markets.
Yeah if there is no bitcoin some other currency will take over in the future, but the physical money will be no doubt disappear from the market. People will feel ease while using their wallets because in the future almost every hopping will be online and payments from different wallets will be easy than regular money, just as we pay from our credit cards, in the future wallets will take place.
torch2121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 08:45:20 AM

I would say no, it will not disappear. Because physical money have a role in trading.

JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:28:26 PM

I don't think this will happen anytime soon, if it will happen at all. Let's face it, not everyone has access to the internet. Moreover and in my humble opinion, BTC and alt coins have certain intricacies that would probably take time to learn. Real money won't really take much to figure out as what you see is what you get when doing transactions unless you're in another country and you'll have to exchange your own money for whatever the national currency is. BTC and alt coins will play roles in the economy but I don't think they have the means to make fiat be removed from circulation.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:41:46 PM

I do not think so. These are two different types of money. Perhaps crypto currencies will become more popular than fiat, but the usual tangible money will never disappear. In some cases it is very convenient to use cash.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:54:26 PM

No, cryptocurrencies can’t make physical money or real money to disappear. Yes, bitcoin has a significant amount, and trendy but it can’t eliminate real cash. You are saying that electric cars can eliminate petrol cars. Also, the percentage of people using bitcoin is very minimal among to the people that are using real currency.   
Pjoh ie

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:57:42 PM

It was baseball can because crypto is very banned in Indonesia and some other countries but if in some countries that has been legalized bitcoin can happen because without realizing it the government is already supporting bitcoin.
CryptoMaskNL

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:01:50 PM

honestly, I do not think so. U ever gonna pay tax in bitcoins, or get salary with it I doubt.
But crypto and blockchain will get more and more grip on the world for sure.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:04:07 PM

I think that physical money will disappear inevitably.
Not in ten years, and not in twenty. But in fifty years, maybe the 100 dollar bill is only something for collectors and won't be accepted in stores anymore.
I do not think that fiat money will be replaced by a crypto currency, I assume the dollar itself will be a kind of crypto currency at that date.

It's me!!!
SadEmo

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:05:12 PM

It is impossible! Goverments of every country will not be able to let people not using their currency and to make this happen they are just baning bitcoin  Grin
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:04:06 AM

Not really: there will need so many change in society and in technology that it's unlikely it can happen in the next future.
But, who know, may be we all will have a Qrcode tattoed somewhere and will use it to pay... or may be just a chip underskin...
Who knows?

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Rulelies

Activity: 277
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:07:51 AM

For now, cryptocurrency cannot make physical money disappear because there are a lot of skeptics who don't like cryptocurrency. Also unless government agencies start encouraging people to use it, I don't think it can replace money.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord             synthetic asset trading 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange 
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 01:15:25 PM

For now, cryptocurrency cannot make physical money disappear because there are a lot of skeptics who don't like cryptocurrency. Also unless government agencies start encouraging people to use it, I don't think it can replace money.
Generally people should be interested in using crypto currency. To date, there is no such interest. The community of crypto currency lovers is growing due to the fact that it makes it possible to earn easy money, but this is not the same as introducing crypto currency into real life.
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:47:41 PM

The answer is obviously no. Cryptocurrencies is developed or created for the sole purpose of using them in the online market. The scenario will be like this: if you are going to buy a coffee in the store, you cannot use crypto because the transaction fee is higher than the cost of coffee. Physical money already existed over thousand years, and it wont be eliminated.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:00:30 PM

And what may be the reason for this?

Digital currencies are great since they are giving us good profit from using it to trade to using it as an investment but I think it will only stop there. Digital currencies are still not that fully accepted by the world and in fact, there are countries that are banning bitcoin because of the threat of it. A volatile asset will never replace a physical money since we are just earning some digital currency for us to have a physical money.
Dondon1234

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:06:19 PM

It is possible that cryptocurrency can replace physical money, i think in year 2030. Cryptocurrency is the most important things that year.
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:31:54 PM

It is possible to those country that are adopting the crypto currency world or only for few country that are so progressive.

But in our country I don't think so it would be happen because crypto currency is anonymous. Maybe in the future it would be.
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:43:49 PM

I think cryptocurrencies will have the possibility to replace fiat or physical money but it will really take some time as our world is not yet fully online...But for those countries that online access is readily available, then it may happen to them. So let see, everything thing is possible anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: