Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you donate Bitcoin for the poor and needy?  (Read 3962 times)
pookykrook

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:41:23 PM

hey, im new to this forum. but not to crypto currencies. it is interesting that this forum have many topics to discuss. i am willing to donate to the poor one and needy. well, what is ours that is also theirs in a matter of percentage. we need to share some of our profit to the one that need. it is counted as act of kindness.
Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:54:39 PM
Merited by ronremsey25 (1)

If there would be an opportunity to donate some bitcoins to the poor, why not? Whenever I earn a significant amount I could donate some. But how would the poor use bitcoins, how can they have the necessary technology to access bitcoins when they don't even have money to buy food and most especially, they need to be educated about bitcoins. Well, I think its good if there would be a trusted company or institution that will accept donations via bitcoin and then they would be the ones who will give the donations to the poor in terms or goods or fiats.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
xebecstyx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:01:20 PM

That is nice to offer bitcoins for like charity and so forth. I know there are some well established charitable companies that will take bitcoins as donations. Now the issue i worry about is the fact that most of this organizations that i spoke of might not know how to properly handle bitcoins so they might sit on them till some accounting person noticed them. That i fear would make my donating to a local cause like hurricane victims a long drawn out process.

I agree. However, I think it would be better if you would actually exchange it for money and use that money to be donated to the poor or charity. I say that because not all people, especially those involved in charity know what to do with the cryptocurrency and bitcoin. I think that the most critical aspect for them is money and giving something that is not money or at least not supplies to be used readily would be virtually useful to them.
multic2012

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:26:01 PM

I will always invest! Only there will be payment in Crypto-currency, I will gladly share them.
haxker007

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:33:01 PM

Possibly not really BTC I can spend some cash to help poor people and penniless. I was poor before I began gaining BTC and I know how it feels to not have even a solitary penny in your pocket and work on a void stomach. I feel advantaged enough to find out about BTC and it's potential.
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:34:36 PM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.

If course if l have a bitcoin in the future l will help the needy now.Because they can't go out with you.. They can hold it. U
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:36:52 PM

It depends upon on the situation of the poor and needy. If I found out they're willing to learn and earn and they have nothing. Then I will not just donate Bitcoin but rather teach them how to earn and use Bitcoin in a proper way.
[/quote
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:40:08 PM

"Will you donate Bitcoin for the poor and needy?"

Sorry but you are in the wrong place and many of the people here are the
"poor and needy" since being mugged by miners of $30 in Tx fees and the
price of BTC has dropped $10,000 in the last month mostly due to fees

I would send $5 in BTC but the fees would cost me $30 and they are not
tax deductible

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:45:13 PM

Possibly not really BTC I can spend some cash to help poor people and penniless. I was poor before I began gaining BTC and I know how it feels to not have even a solitary penny in your pocket and work on a void stomach. I feel advantaged enough to find out about BTC and it's potential.

I agree. Doing this is more logical. Since bitcoin cannot be used by a lot of people yet as of now since internet connection isn't that accessible yet for some of us in the world specially on remote areas and for poor areas. Cash would be better since they can use it immidiately. But if it were me, i would give food and usable stuff or jobs and business kick start since this can really help them truly.
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

Of course want, donate to the poor and need not from bitcoin saja.Di our belongings may also have the sustenance of the poor. So do not hesitate to donate. By donating sustenance will not decrease even will increase. Probably by donating bitcoin results then bitcoin will develop.
RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:33:56 PM

It depends upon on the situation of the poor and needy. If I found out they're willing to learn and earn and they have nothing. Then I will not just donate Bitcoin but rather teach them how to earn and use Bitcoin in a proper way.
Yes I do because I know that how bitcoin can help them as bitcoin is helping to the rich countries same its helping to the poor countries as well and I think everyone must donate bitcoin because I know there are a lot of poor countries who even don’t have clean water for drinking and in some poor countries bitcoin is trying to reached there and I’m sure if bitcoin arrived there so it will help them a lot because its price is very high there.
Bitcoin is giving hope to many people around the world. It also pulled me out of the darkness when I was really hopeless. However, I still have knowledge, I have computer, smart phone that can get access to the internet and invest Bitcoin. The poor, they have nothing, there are also many people who don't even go to school when they was young. Yes, I will donate Bitcoin for the poor and needy.

jeepuerit

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:42:27 AM

Yes, I want to give the poor and the needy, I do not give up on what I earn on bitcoin, because I believe that when you give a lot of money the more you back.
It is not possible to provide assistance to the poor and the needy when you do not have the least investment and just make money.
anne.montes

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:06:13 AM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.
No, i wil not donate bitcoin. Donating bitcoin to them is like teaching them to be lazy. What i can give them is my time... To inspire them to work hard and exert effort. I can also share to them or introduce them to the bitcoin(if they have not heard it). Like saying you can actually make money in bitcoin and see a lot of benefits, and i am not joking.
Potchi

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:13:37 AM

I would rather educate the people about the inherent technology of Bitcoin instead of giving them Bitcoin directly, they won't know how to use it anywhere, and Bitcoin simply can't buy him a cup of coffee. For charity, it is always better to just donate fiat currency for instant exchange of useful items.
I couldn't agree more. First good thing to do is to give them awareness about the system of bitcoin and what bitcoin is all about. People who are needy and poor are actually people who dont have any idea about this. Teaching them how bitcoin functions is the best thing to do so that you can have a chance to give bitcoin to them or they can also earn from it by doing stuff such as posting. If this doesnt work, you can actually earn your bitcoin and turn it to fiat money so that you can donate it to charities.

coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 09:16:57 AM

If I have a sufficient amount of Bitcoins, why not! But not to the point that the poor will become dependent. They should also learn how to earn for themselves. Charity is good...but it should not be abused.

johnson4218

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:17:08 AM

I do not think poor people need bitcoin. so funny. They do not understand what bitcoin to do. I think we should sell the bitcoin to usd. Then we bring help to everyone, that's good
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:31:09 AM

As we always say  share your blessing so   If I have a lot of bitcoin I will not hesitaste to donate but I will donate to one who really needs it.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:37:55 AM

I think donating bitcoin to the poor is not ideally. when we say poor no gadget at all, no internet etc. how they give them bitcoin with out btc add? better to give canned and rice rather than bitcoin
Archie1973

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:40:48 AM

ndeed we must help the poor or the poor, but we see how the poor man, whether he is poor for lazy or poor who can not work due to lack of organs.I think I can give bitcoin to other people who need a lot of money, but I think for the poor, they need money, and they can help people who have problems with their lives
Ethan112

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:44:32 AM

This is absolutely a nice idea, aside from giving them aid, you are also introducing them to a new way of investing.If someday i have a bitcoin i will give it to help people needy and poor cause we have a saying that " it is better to give than to receive".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: