Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you donate Bitcoin for the poor and needy?  (Read 3953 times)
Jiddyyy

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:39:30 PM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.
No, why would I? It is not being selfish nor not being kind it is just valuing the both bitcoin and those person. If you give your bitcoin to others then what? They didn't know it, even you guide them I think it will not be good and worthy. The best thing to do us give them what they want and thw bitcoin you are trying to give to them, make it grow hold it so you can have larger amount of money that will be benefit for the both of you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Clifmeister

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:41:00 PM

If anyone wants to donate, it's not necessary to donate specifically in the form of Bitcoin. Even if I have so many Bitcoin, I would prioritize my loved ones first since that is my main responsibility. if any extra, I will give to charity through our church.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:11:15 PM

I will not donate my money or Bitcoin to the poor,
I prefer to donate money and my Bitcoin to the needy like Blind, Physical Disability, Mental Backwardness, and Combination Disability, and this donation is doing.

daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:12:23 PM

I usually donate a part of may incomes (mostly like 10%) so yes. If bitcoin is my source of income then I will totally donate at least 10% to the people in need
Jupeter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:16:55 PM

it is a cool idea to donate poor people using bitcoin.but we need to make sure that they can utilize the bitcoin to fulfill their daily needs.
If i just only have many bitcoin why not? But if i will have a lot of bitcoin in the future i am sure that i will share my blessings to other poor people so they can use or spend it for there future purposes and i will work more harder to earn many bitcoin so in the future i can donate some btc for the poor people.

19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:18:36 PM

Yes, i will donate bitcoin for the poor. Also, i want it donate to all the victims of typhoons, volcanic erruption and all the victims of any calamity. I want also to donate in a charity, who cares our elders and street children.
Vendetta666

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:22:10 PM

It's hard to donate now. Especially if online, It's easy to steal video pictures and other photographs from the legitimate foundations. That's why I donate only to donation personally if I see it. Because I want to make sure my money gets to those who should be able to receive.
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:29:53 PM

I would if I could. This is probably a good idea though I cannot make sure if they can be use this thing. Also why bitcoin instead of a real money, and also if I would be given a chance I would teach them on how to work to earn some bitcoin instead of giving them bitcoin willingly. That would be a help pretty much.
LegendX

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:33:27 PM

Yes! I always donate (a very very small amount of money) to the homeless when I see them. If bitcoin will bring me good incomes then a part goes to the poor for sure
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:47:54 PM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.
Even if I did,what's the use? The needy people are the ones who are illiterate and don't have enough basic necessities. I'd rather donate them some food,clothes and some more basic amenities to the needy rather than handing out bitcoin outright,which they won't understand and throw it away and that amount of bitcoin too will join with the bitcoin that has been lost because of carelessness. So my answer is no.
Needy people needs shelter, money or food but not bitcoin, if I were to bless  some people I would be glad to share what I do have but not bitcoin, it is not that I am selfish it is just that they don't need bitcoin. And for those who really have almost everything while we are still young and can still share what we have, share it we cannot carry our money in our pit.
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:49:03 PM

I think it is not appropriate to give bitcoin to the poor and need because bitcoin in the form of online currency. To use this currency, you must have access to technology. It's better to turn your bitcoin into a physical currency and donate it to those who need it. Cool
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

Yes because it is the way that i can help other people and i want to share what i have to other for those people that i think they deserved it.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:24:06 PM

The possibility of donating a large part of the income that I am generating through cryptocurrencies has been an idea that has remained latent in my mind throughout this time in which I have been involved in this wonderful crypto world, because when I started in this my expectations were not high and I just hoped to get enough resources to buy some food and pay my bills. But given that my economic surpluses exceed my most optimistic expectations, I have the desire (and in fact I am already doing it) to support people with great needs.
ayesha703

Activity: 110
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:41:12 PM

Surely I will donate 50% of my wealth to the poor and charity. Because one day we all have to die. We can't take our wealth with us when we will die. So it is better to giveaways some of your health. If some people will be beneficial from your wealth than you will have a peace of your mind. And the value of peace in mind is invaluable. No wealth can buy the peace of mind.
Ash13ley

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:58:52 PM

Im not that generous type of person but if i have few bitcoin i probably share it to anybody.
Jose Rizal

Activity: 273

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:05:09 PM

I would rather educate the people about the inherent technology of Bitcoin instead of giving them Bitcoin directly, they won't know how to use it anywhere, and Bitcoin simply can't buy him a cup of coffee. For charity, it is always better to just donate fiat currency for instant exchange of useful items.

Thats great I think, but it is clearly stated that they were less fortunate how can you help them, if they cannot even buy something for themselves, and this thread is talking about the 'poor' I thibk is is very impossible that you can help them in educating them to know Bitcoin if they will cannot afford to buy a gadgets and afford an internet onnection just to accessible here. If I will be given a chance, definitely yes , as an indivudual I am also responsible to contribute a help in my own society.

fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

This is an interesting idea, but how many poor people have access to a computer or a smartphone, without which the operation of bitcoin is impossible? It makes sense to send charitable contributions to large organizations, but you need to know exactly what bitcoin they know how to manage.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Henry Sy

Activity: 193
Merit: 83

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:31:51 PM
Merited by magmar (1)

That is nice to offer bitcoins for like charity and so forth. I know there are some well established charitable companies that will take bitcoins as donations. Now the issue i worry about is the fact that most of this organizations that i spoke of might not know how to properly handle bitcoins so they might sit on them till some accounting person noticed them. That i fear would make my donating to a local cause like hurricane victims a long drawn out process.
Indeed. It is always good to help up those people who are really in need because happiness can be truly experienced through sharing. But the mere fact about going into donations of Bitcoin is that if they already know how to handle and use it properly and effectively because for those people they will better need to have a direct distribution of their needs rather than having a physical or virtual money. So what I will going to do is to convert a specified amount and buy goods they need to better give it to them directly because money is not just what they need.
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:32:15 PM

there is a saying that goes if you want a lifetime ROI than invest on people and educate them, so rather donating for the poor I would educate a child who  is in need and clever to give more to him and society as well.
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:33:27 PM

I often try to help the poor, but doing this with bitcoin is very inconvenient and not profitable for anyone. I give coins, things, products, because it is fast, and does not require transactions and commissions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: