Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to altcoin if bitcoin has run out  (Read 216 times)
Hy1085

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:33:17 AM

two things had happened in the past, cash will flow into altcoins therefore price will rise. or bitcoin leads to an major correction,I am not sure on the theory behind it
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:07:31 AM

we all know that bitcoins have limits and miners keep trying to collect their bitcoins.

if bitcoin has reached its limit, will bitcoin price remain expensive? does anyone still want it? then what about altcoin? does altcoin also end?

When twenty-one million bitcoins are mined that will be the exact limit of supply, bitcoin will become very expensive depending on how users adopt it.
It will stlbe based in how people see bitcoin as a trust worthy coin.
Expensive things stiil attracts people when it's quality is proven by old users.
Altcoins are based on bitcoin, assuming that if bitcoin booms, they will to. And if it doesn't, it will have a down side as well too.
gordonsam32

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:08:46 AM

I believe that alt coins are not dependent on Bitcoin since they are even inversely proportional. If or when Bitcoin crashes, Alt coins will shine the brightest.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 10:10:34 AM

Considering the fact that we have a long time of some thing  like 115 years  before last bitcoin is mined. I think i can safely say that wont be a problem for you or me or our kids and even grandkids possibly. Now when all 21 million bitcoins are mined i strongly believe people will still use them. Now i dont think alt coins will die off when bitcoin is mined completely. I think bitcoins will become the equivalent of a $100 bill that is not used for small purchases " in the far future " . Where alt coins can be the $1 bills for small purchases.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:15:40 AM

Bitcoins and alt coins only rely on each other if they are both from the blockchain. There are also in the ripple which does not depend on btcs. Also, altcoin will overtake bitcoin if the price will have a downfall.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:22:33 AM

we all know that bitcoins have limits and miners keep trying to collect their bitcoins.

if bitcoin has reached its limit, will bitcoin price remain expensive? does anyone still want it? then what about altcoin? does altcoin also end?

Then we will come to the supply and demand law. Which means when the supply cannot meet the demand of the investors the more it will rise the price to make investors sell their bitcoins and the cycle will continue. Another thing is that some coins will be available and will coup up with bitcoin like the promising ethereum, ripple etc.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
harrypotter1229

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:34:51 AM

There is no need to worry about this problem, and it will take one hundred years for bitcoin to finish. In theory it is not to be mined until 2140. It is believed that people have found an alternative before they are finished.
mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:36:58 AM

of course you are right if bitcoin is more expensive then altcoin will also be expensive because it seems it will be rare people who want to buy at a very expensive price for fear of falling prices.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:43:36 AM

Bitcoin is not infinite its supply. Many people work hard to get bitcoin, some buy bitcoin and invest.
Btc's supply numbers of coin decreases every day due to the public demand.
If bitcoin run out, I should say altcoins will increase its value. Because btc will become more expensive as precious one that everyone looking and desiring to have it even just one as btc start this crypo world. And I guess to its developer have already plan regarding this future to take place.
phips28

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:55:50 AM

If bitcoin's supply stops and the demand continues to go up, then the price will obviously go higher due to the supply not meeting the amount of demand we're getting from people FOMO-ing.
On altcoins though? It also depends on what the hard cap of certain altcoins are.

Demand will always grow, if the whole crypto world succeed Roll Eyes

🤖 Developer (Web, Bot, Server), looking for projects 🚀 Telegram: https://t.me/phips28
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:06:16 AM

If all the bitcoins get mined the market value of the btc will increase because there is no more btc to provide for the public and hence when the demand of the btc grow the rate will also grow and the once holding btc will sell off their coins to get profit so that they get benefit out of their coins.And it will be available for the public again.Anyway it will atleast a century or more to get the last bitcoins mined as mining of btc has become more complex as compared to what it was in the past and its a long way to go.And the matter about the alt coins is that it will also continue to grow along with the btc. 

ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:15:12 AM

Surely there will be one coin that will take the bitcoin position as a criptocurrency representative and as a coin that has the highest price because it now stands in topcoin that beats the other coins. But I have not thought of another coin that can beat bitcoin because bitcoin is already in the likes of the world community.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: