Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 10:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Turning $50,000 into 1M in 365 days- Buy and Hold possible?  (Read 790 times)
ZZ727 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:20:35 AM

Inspired by HR's thread ($10,000 into 1M):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1936239.0

Looking for input from experienced traders regarding my coin picks and their fundamentals to see if a buy and hold (with adjustments but not day trading) will be possible to 20x the initial investment of $50,000 ideally within a year. I would like to aim for $350,000, and a maximum of 1,000,000.

Snapshot of portfolio based on today's pricing:
Bitcoin (BTC): 42%
Ethereum (ETH): 22%
Ripple (XRP): 14%
Iota (MIOTA): 10%
Basic Attention Token (BAT): 7%
NEO (NEO): 1%

I don't believe this current portfolio will be able to reach 20X due to majority being established coins that have already moved considerably. Last month's ROI was approx 22%.

I'd like to adjust my future portfolio for the next month to look like:

BTC: 15%
ETH: 20%
XRP: 20%
IOTA: 20%
BAT: 5%
____: 5%
____: 2%
____: 1%

Ideally I'd like to change either my BTC or ETH holdings into the next big project, similar to how HR changed his LTC into ADA, but can't decide for now.
For the speculative ones, I'm aiming for coins with <50M market cap with good fundamentals.

I'd hopefully update this every week, for those whose advice I take and profit from I'd plan on giving back in some form as I reach milestones (100k, 200k, etc). Of course if it all goes south you'd just have to accept my gratitude Wink

Any suggestions/constructive criticism is welcome!

chrusso

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:59:36 AM

Hi, first of all, I'm not an expert, but here's my opinion:

I can imagine BTC and ETH certainly moving forward, those might even go 10 times it's current value. I'm not sure about Ripple, but looks like a good plan as well. Now, keep an eye on BTH as well... bitmain controls most of the market when it comes to bitcoin mining and they have been asking for BCH over and over...

Let me know how it goes;
Wish you good luck;
Chris,
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:39:23 AM

Looking for input from experienced traders regarding my coin picks and their fundamentals to see if a buy and hold (with adjustments but not day trading) will be possible to 20x the initial investment of $50,000 ideally within a year. I would like to aim for $350,000, and a maximum of 1,000,000.

I don't believe this current portfolio will be able to reach 20X due to majority being established coins that have already moved considerably. Last month's ROI was approx 22%.

Ideally I'd like to change either my BTC or ETH holdings into the next big project, similar to how HR changed his LTC into ADA, but can't decide for now.
For the speculative ones, I'm aiming for coins with <50M market cap with good fundamentals.

I'd hopefully update this every week, for those whose advice I take and profit from I'd plan on giving back in some form as I reach milestones (100k, 200k, etc). Of course if it all goes south you'd just have to accept my gratitude Wink

That was a very good news, l have the opportunity to become rich. I want to experience the flow of bitcoin that people now enjoying the cash blow of bitcoin. Volatility of bitcoin makes people rich easily. Me lm very much happy if bitcoin is on $50000 already that was a big amount already.
ZZ727 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:28:21 AM

Hi, first of all, I'm not an expert, but here's my opinion:

I can imagine BTC and ETH certainly moving forward, those might even go 10 times it's current value. I'm not sure about Ripple, but looks like a good plan as well. Now, keep an eye on BTH as well... bitmain controls most of the market when it comes to bitcoin mining and they have been asking for BCH over and over...

Let me know how it goes;
Wish you good luck;
Chris,

Thanks for your well wishes and input. I'm skeptical of BTC moving 10x, while possible in the longer term (3-5 years), I would be surprised if moves past 2-2.5X its current price by end of 2018 depending on how next months market plays out.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:40:38 AM

Why are there no DASH in your list for example? It was recommended by palm beach.
Also look at ADEX token. It will has many releases soon (in Q1 2018).
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:11:06 AM

If you're talking about holding the above listed throughout 2018 and then evaluating your assets at the end of the year, I doubt you would reach 1M while 350k is entirely possible. I base my words off observations from the current year when there were at least 50 altcoins which grew at a higher rate than Bitcoin did and by having 42% invested in Bitcoin seems like you're straining your chances at going big.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:00:57 AM

I hope I am wrong and you come back in a year from now to prove me wrong but I think it is 99.99% impossible to turn it into $1 million just by buying and holding.
altcoins are not known to go that high in long term (2000%) but they surely they go up a lot in short term which means by trading them during their rising time you can make a lot of profit.

for example a hot coin these days (which is coming to its end of line) is RDD. you can see it has always been dropping constantly in long term even went to 1 digit satoshi values. now it is being pumped towards 100 satoshi and 3 digit satoshi values. this is a ridiculous amount of profit but only gained in a couple of weeks. this will disappear in the long term like 1 year.

Only Bitcoin
danielwwt

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:29:24 PM

From early 2017 to now, it is totally bull market. Everything is possible.

However, who knows what's going to happen for 2018?? It could be like this or down to square one because of all the profit early investors made.

It would be much easier if you tried to do this earlier this year. 
parobber

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:39:13 PM

Good luck, 20x within a year is definitely possible but will require some good selection. Hopefully you didn't lose too much with bitcoins drop in value. a 20% return each month would put you at about $450000 by the end of the year which would still be a very nice return. You need something just under 30% each month to make 20x within 12 months which isn't a huge increase.

ELEMENTH
⇐ ● Blockchain for e-commerce ● Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERBITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:42:00 PM

As an aside, I have a buddy that did this with Verge coin, he was mining as a lark since this last summer. (helped he was a big miner).

He cashed out 1/2 for a cool million to BTC....the other half will get moved eventually for taxes ...)

I, of course, forgot about any such conversation on Verge...alas....another missed boat. (It's a frigging fleet I have of missed boats!)

Rare it is, but possible, usually with an alt pump.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dj_wldwst
Copper Member

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:43:40 PM

Very interested in this as well. Following HR's thread since late summer and would really like to follow and participate in this one if that's OK? I'd be working off $10.000.

Happy holidays!
Proximity Scan

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:58:02 PM

As an aside, I have a buddy that did this with Verge coin, he was mining as a lark since this last summer. (helped he was a big miner).

He cashed out 1/2 for a cool million to BTC....the other half will get moved eventually for taxes ...)

I, of course, forgot about any such conversation on Verge...alas....another missed boat. (It's a frigging fleet I have of missed boats!)

Is tax that much high? This is crazy, if yes. Why should we pay one second of the money to the government? This is not fair, also. For the topic, if you really can find something like ADA, IOTA, VERGE, getting million dollars is easy.
Soksuci

Activity: 199

Mercy

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:03:32 PM

What you need is an underdog coin to do things like that.

Here's my suggestion : HTML, COLX, XZC, Waves.
fat buddah

Activity: 333
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:48:25 PM

No, of course not, this is what a lot of people want to do, you wont make a x20 in just 365 days if you do not have any experience about how to do it, forget about it.
You sound like those people who want to get rich just by investing $ 100

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:50:31 PM

Is tax that much high? This is crazy, if yes. Why should we pay one second of the money to the government? This is not fair, also. For the topic, if you really can find something like ADA, IOTA, VERGE, getting million dollars is easy.

40% fed tax at that level I think....also in a 10% income tax state...at least 50% ...if self-employed and mined he also may have (i think) soc sec taxes of 15%

fun times....( i need to meet a nice girl, in a country w/o capital gains and renounce citizenship and run for the border) I'd make a dandy 'house hubby' Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:15:11 PM

First of all I'd like to state that except for bitcoin I do not hold any significant amount of the coins OP has invested in, so I'm not biased at all FYI. It's very hard to tell if you will be able to reach your goal with the current altcoin picks and the amount invested. The current portfolio looks an awful lot like a standard slightly diversified portfolio and contains coins that already reached a lot of their potential (this diminishes the chance of 10-20x gains on your investment). Reaching your $1M with a 'mere' $50 grand invested certainly is possible but you will have to step up your game and become a  little bit more opportunistic. This can be done by looking for low cap coins with 10-20x potential in the near future. Only time will tell if your current portfolio will seal the deal.
ZZ727 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:30:54 AM

Why are there no DASH in your list for example? It was recommended by palm beach.
Also look at ADEX token. It will has many releases soon (in Q1 2018).

I’ve looked at DASH before but decided on some of the others in top 10. Whilst I believe DASH will keep going up I’m trying to diversify into coins that are less established in order to have hopes of reaching 20x goal.

I hope I am wrong and you come back in a year from now to prove me wrong but I think it is 99.99% impossible to turn it into $1 million just by buying and holding.
altcoins are not known to go that high in long term (2000%) but they surely they go up a lot in short term which means by trading them during their rising time you can make a lot of profit.

for example a hot coin these days (which is coming to its end of line) is RDD. you can see it has always been dropping constantly in long term even went to 1 digit satoshi values. now it is being pumped towards 100 satoshi and 3 digit satoshi values. this is a ridiculous amount of profit but only gained in a couple of weeks. this will disappear in the long term like 1 year.

I agree that it’s unlikely to hit 20x just by buying and holding unless you get extremely lucky. I will be buying and holding until profit targets are hit and then will be trading current ones to others or adding others on with the profits.

No, of course not, this is what a lot of people want to do, you wont make a x20 in just 365 days if you do not have any experience about how to do it, forget about it.
You sound like those people who want to get rich just by investing $ 100

I disagree, it is definitely not easy going 20x currently, but taking Ethereum as an example- if you bought and held earlier in 2017 you would’ve made 50x investment. HR (whose thread I linked) is on track to turn $10,000 into 1M which is 100x with active trading. I’m aiming for 20x which doesn’t seem impossible unless the whole crypto market tanks or hits a black swan.
Besides quitting, what would you suggest I do with your experience?

First of all I'd like to state that except for bitcoin I do not hold any significant amount of the coins OP has invested in, so I'm not biased at all FYI. It's very hard to tell if you will be able to reach your goal with the current altcoin picks and the amount invested. The current portfolio looks an awful lot like a standard slightly diversified portfolio and contains coins that already reached a lot of their potential (this diminishes the chance of 10-20x gains on your investment). Reaching your $1M with a 'mere' $50 grand invested certainly is possible but you will have to step up your game and become a  little bit more opportunistic. This can be done by looking for low cap coins with 10-20x potential in the near future. Only time will tell if your current portfolio will seal the deal.

Absolutely agree with this when reflecting on my portfolio. The reason it’s at the current state was due to investment in BTC in 2013. I didn’t start alt coin investment seriously until later half of this year and realised I actually have a substantial amount invested now because of how it’s grown.
I am trying to diversify into alts, but have been a long time believer in both BTC and ETH which is making it hard for me to trade these for others. Hoping to get ideas and integrate it to my own due diligence. 

Will be doing some rebalancing and new investment before new years and update when I've done it.

Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:48:41 AM

I like your portfolio though in my case I only hold 5 coins because those are only few that I believe will going to have a good ROI, but seeing how you make your own I think it is really possible to turn a $10,000 into million in a period as short as 1 year, well I pray for your success and the success of crypto currencies in the coming years so that many people will become financially stable.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:28:36 AM

Yes and considering that 2018 will be much better than this year for crypto. It's very attainable and we will see more altcoins booming and I think you can make more than 1M with that portfolio.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:39:58 AM

Why not? You can do it if you are lucky. For example with only 50k wou can invest into altcoin that will make x10 in less than a year (imho it is possible) and then find some ICO that will make at least x2 after the croudsale. This exap,pe is very rough but if you are lucky you can be able to do something like it. One year is a long time in cryptoworld if this ICO frenzy will not stop soon.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: