Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:00:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Turning $50,000 into 1M in 365 days- Buy and Hold possible?  (Read 790 times)
RockHenki

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:31:09 PM

You want to increase your capital by 20 times in a year. I think that in this time with the crypto market this is possible. With such a large capital, I think you should divide your assets into three parts to invest. The part you use to buy bitcoin and Etherum is two coin of high value and stability. The part you use to invest in ICO has good potential, now the ICO communication after the successful ICO are very successful. The rest you can use to trade daily and earn a daily profit from this.
LANZ777

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:10:40 PM

Inspired by HR's thread ($10,000 into 1M):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1936239.0

Looking for input from experienced traders regarding my coin picks and their fundamentals to see if a buy and hold (with adjustments but not day trading) will be possible to 20x the initial investment of $50,000 ideally within a year. I would like to aim for $350,000, and a maximum of 1,000,000.

Snapshot of portfolio based on today's pricing:
Bitcoin (BTC): 42%
Ethereum (ETH): 22%
Ripple (XRP): 14%
Iota (MIOTA): 10%
Basic Attention Token (BAT): 7%
NEO (NEO): 1%

I don't believe this current portfolio will be able to reach 20X due to majority being established coins that have already moved considerably. Last month's ROI was approx 22%.

I'd like to adjust my future portfolio for the next month to look like:

BTC: 15%
ETH: 20%
XRP: 20%
IOTA: 20%
BAT: 5%
____: 5%
____: 2%
____: 1%

Ideally I'd like to change either my BTC or ETH holdings into the next big project, similar to how HR changed his LTC into ADA, but can't decide for now.
For the speculative ones, I'm aiming for coins with <50M market cap with good fundamentals.

I'd hopefully update this every week, for those whose advice I take and profit from I'd plan on giving back in some form as I reach milestones (100k, 200k, etc). Of course if it all goes south you'd just have to accept my gratitude Wink

Any suggestions/constructive criticism is welcome!

Wow if that so happen bitcoin will cost $50000 to $1M it's so much inspiring to move forward. I know everybody's excited about this. I can't really imagine how rich l am for that day. It's really exciting even its too hard also to wait but bitcoin is real. As l've seen to my brother the proof that it is real, I'm inspired to have it too. I know that it's going sooner for the price of $50000.l hope and pray to God will bless be this 2018.
Coin12

Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:05:20 AM

Well, $50.000 into $1M in one year just by holding is quite difficult i think.
I think if you want to get that goal, holding and short term together is better way to get the goal.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
Cryptolive

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:10:51 AM

As an aside, I have a buddy that did this with Verge coin, he was mining as a lark since this last summer. (helped he was a big miner).

He cashed out 1/2 for a cool million to BTC....the other half will get moved eventually for taxes ...)

I, of course, forgot about any such conversation on Verge...alas....another missed boat. (It's a frigging fleet I have of missed boats!)

Rare it is, but possible, usually with an alt pump.

Yeah half of the money goes for tax which is pathetic and I highly doubt the local exchanges pay the large amount of money to our bank accounts. Will they do?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:32:21 AM

Looking for input from experienced traders regarding my coin picks and their fundamentals to see if a buy and hold (with adjustments but not day trading) will be possible to 20x the initial investment of $50,000 ideally within a year. I would like to aim for $350,000, and a maximum of 1,000,000.

I don't believe this current portfolio will be able to reach 20X due to majority being established coins that have already moved considerably. Last month's ROI was approx 22%.

Ideally I'd like to change either my BTC or ETH holdings into the next big project, similar to how HR changed his LTC into ADA, but can't decide for now.
For the speculative ones, I'm aiming for coins with <50M market cap with good fundamentals.

I'd hopefully update this every week, for those whose advice I take and profit from I'd plan on giving back in some form as I reach milestones (100k, 200k, etc). Of course if it all goes south you'd just have to accept my gratitude Wink

That's good but hold a year need extra money and patience, not every body can do like that. I like your strategy and as long I have money, patience and knowledge how take profitable coin, I'll do that. But how about people like me, little money, standard patience and no skill? need hard work I believe. Combination technical strategy and fundamentals is new for me, but your strategy is amazing. Thank you so much.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:38:12 AM

Hi, first of all, I'm not an expert, but here's my opinion:

I can imagine BTC and ETH certainly moving forward, those might even go 10 times it's current value. I'm not sure about Ripple, but looks like a good plan as well. Now, keep an eye on BTH as well... bitmain controls most of the market when it comes to bitcoin mining and they have been asking for BCH over and over...

Let me know how it goes;
Wish you good luck;
Chris,
These three are the good coins you may want to invest with for good cause to happen just like the folks that have been wealthy for just holding it like that. The OP may profit more than his money but not totally 10x its value. Youre over exaggerating man. We dont know that yet.
BlackMoon258
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:40:34 AM

With 50k$

30k for BCC
15k for BTG
5k for EGC

All hold !!!
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:20:44 AM

Good thread. Hope  you will reach the success sooner. Keep 20-25% in BTC  only.And other 20% in BCH. Then you can split like this

BTC- 22.5%
BCH- 20%
ETH- 20%
LTC- 7%
XMR- 8%
Cardano- 8%
Electroneum- 8%
IOTA- 3%
XRP- 2%
Utrust- 1%
NEM- 0.4%
Worldcore- 0.1%

WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:10:14 PM

I think you should invest all the money in altcoin because bitcoin is expensive.

Ripple   20%
IOTA    20%
ADA     20%
Waves  20%
Stratis  20%

That way you can easily turn $50k to a million dollars.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:40:13 PM

I think you have a good portfolio to make in crypto currency investment. The market for cryptos are really unpredictable but I am confident despite of pumps and dumps in their prices good value appreciation will happen in 365 days so its really possible to attain your 1M goal. I think after what happen in 2017 many people are now looking in this kind of investment
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:22:15 PM

Turning 50,000 USD in 1M USD in just a year is quite achievable if you invest in good projects by researching on their team, advisors and future of the plans. You can only do the maths and take time to look at profoundly grown altcoins this year. You will get the idea, and it helps you understand better.
santieevanz

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:44:22 AM

In my opinion, it is not impossible to make 1 Million in just a year because this was proven to me by my friend due to his achievement in just a year. In addition, dealing with trading and investing will help a lot in order to earn money because trading can help anyone to make money in just a short term of time and investing will take a long time. However, knowing whom you'll invest and trade your coins should be considered in order not to get scammed. Monitoring and understanding the market needs to be done in order to avoid losing of money.

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:12:15 PM

Just an opinion,  i think you should have more several micro cap coin with price tag under 1 cent, they have a lot of room to grow and its easy for them go grow to 0.1cent

agree with this, but we can't know for sure whether they will grow next year. just look at the case of RDD, it reach more than 1000% growth from 10 satoshi to 100 satoshi (which is i don't know for sure why, maybe lots of people starting to get their eyes on little coins)?
No one can really know anything. It is an unpredictable world and one definite thing is that there is a lot of uncertainty, fluctuations and some of these coins really end up getting soaked with BTC rising up, but looking at last year, we can see that most of those coins are not where they used to be as they have really increased in value a lot and that is one way to get to know how well things can still be for alts. Look at ETH, DASH, LTC and the likes and the level of percentage at which they have increased.
John Wick

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:17:49 PM

Just an opinion,  i think you should have more several micro cap coin with price tag under 1 cent, they have a lot of room to grow and its easy for them go grow to 0.1cent

agree with this, but we can't know for sure whether they will grow next year. just look at the case of RDD, it reach more than 1000% growth from 10 satoshi to 100 satoshi (which is i don't know for sure why, maybe lots of people starting to get their eyes on little coins)?
No one can really know anything. It is an unpredictable world and one definite thing is that there is a lot of uncertainty, fluctuations and some of these coins really end up getting soaked with BTC rising up, but looking at last year, we can see that most of those coins are not where they used to be as they have really increased in value a lot and that is one way to get to know how well things can still be for alts. Look at ETH, DASH, LTC and the likes and the level of percentage at which they have increased.

If he has 7-8 coins, getting $1M would be 20x return in a meanwhile. This means if one coin makes 2x return, then the other one should cover its loss and it should make 38x return to obtain 20x average return at the end. This is a hard one to achieve.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:45:36 PM

Op, you should have added some coins like Lisk, 23%Ripple, Stratis and some other good coins with high profit potential as recommended by some well respected colleagues here in your tread. 
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:03:12 AM

I feel like it's most especially hard to get big returns on alt coins considering there's just so many. Your safest bet will probably be the main coin which is bitcoin which is forecast-ed, in the foreseeable future to multiply its own value by 10x.
Yeah, most especially since bitcoin tend to drag their growth down. However, it is not always that bad as there would at least be a limit to how much they can really get dragged down and at the long run, they will still get to do well at the end of it all.

No matter how much they get dragged down with bitcoin's dominance. In 365 days, choosing the right coin can really make x20 possible and assuming the OP to be trading some of these coins, he could actually get some of it.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:25:55 PM

My suggestion is to remove XRP from your list, it is a centralized coin and any bullshit can happen to that coin at any time and even if you are so keen on holding it, then give it the lowest percentage unless you are part of the bankers who feel you are going to push it up.

It is your decision anyway, but most of the coins you have chosen are pretty good and you can also just try to see the top 100 cryptos and see how you can spread your investment across most of them.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:24:57 PM

In 2018 there will be new great projects with new crypto giants. But I would suggest to invest into ARDR, LMC, IOTA, OMG, WAVES, ICX, 1st Blood. However, in any case, I will invest main part of my money into bitcoin and ethereum.
jurissa

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:09:12 PM

Hi guys!
I would like to ask competent people about my investment plan. I plan for a long term investment up to 2 years with a 1M target. Current investment screenshot:
5500 USD
BTC - 15.06% from mining
ETH - 27.96% from mining
LTC - 4.58%
ADA - 19.62%
XLM - 11.44%
Ripple - 11.19%
BTG - 4.70% from mining
DCR - 2.14% from mining
AEON - 1.43%

Maybe I should change something in this division? In addition, I want to increase LTC, AEON.
Thinking about this in the future
BCH
Waves
XEM
IOTA
Verge

Once a month, I will inject in investment plan with a similar amount coming from my mining farm.
From the farm I receive the following currency:

arox. 5000 USD

55.00% BTC
25.00% ETH
10.00% DCR
10.00% BTG

I would appreciate any adjustments to the current investment plan and recommendations for monthly injections.

Thanks a lot!
Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:17:07 AM

I think you should invest all the money in altcoin because bitcoin is expensive.

Ripple   20%
IOTA    20%
ADA     20%
Waves  20%
Stratis  20%

That way you can easily turn $50k to a million dollars.
this makes more sence to me, yet i would ditch XRP and took something else
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: