Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:09:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: j-Coin information thread  (Read 30803 times)
whlx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:59:19 AM

13:00:24

getmininginfo

13:00:24

{
"blocks" : 3002,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1.28103131,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 86634104,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false,
"Nfactor" : 4,
"N" : 32,
"powreward" : 1.00000000
}
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:20:50 AM

ok, j-coin sources were retrieved off of my desktop.

here ya go.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5V5vln-sS3ELXpVNnY0SEltV2M/edit?usp=sharing

This is uncompilable. For example:

Main.h does not contain the hash of the genesis block (Line 48)
Code:
static const uint256 hashGenesisBlockOfficial("0x");
static const uint256 hashGenesisBlockTestNet("0x");

LoadBlockIndex(..) has a large chunk of code that's been deleted (Main.cpp, Line 2536)

Code:
    //
    // Init with genesis block
    //
    --- Block initialization should be here!
        // Start new block file
        unsigned int nFile;

Reference to non-existing methods (Main.cpp, Line 4204):
Code:
	    //thanks adam m for this fix to override nBits.
        if (pblock->IsProofOfWork())
            pblock->vtx[0].vout[0].nValue = GetProofOfWorkReward(pindexPrev->nHeight+1, nFees, pindexPrev->GetBlockHash());

bitcon-qt.rc refers to non-existing resource novacoin.ico (Line 1)
Code:
IDI_ICON1 ICON DISCARDABLE "icons/novacoin.ico"

Etc etc. There's just no way you can compile anything from this source.

lol, those minor errors are uncompilable to you? you must be super l33t.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Bakaboy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:16:45 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 06:30:45 AM by Bakaboy

It can be fixed and "filled" to a certain extent since the genesis block hash, merkle root hash and timestamps are known and it's just a modified version of the yacoin/novacoin source. However, releasing a known good source should be the bare minimum when releasing an open source coin (imo);  to date, I've seen nothing close to that. Instead of trying to crap on people, how about releasing the actual source used to build the windows client? Makes sense?  Wink
r3wt

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:39:50 AM

It can be fixed and "filled" to a certain extent since the genesis block hash, merkle root hash and timestamps are known and it's just a modified version of the yacoin/novacoin source. However, releasing a known good source should be the bare minimum when releasing an open source coin (imo);  to date, I've seen nothing close to that. Instead of trying to crap on people, how about releasing the actual source used to build the windows client? Makes sense?  Wink

the source i built the actual client on is bricked. i tried to remove the proof of stake or atleast modify it to take nHeight for Proof of WOrk subsidy and i fucked it all up. by taht point i realixzed i hadn't backed up the source.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:40:22 AM

What a clusterfuck. Ever heard about a beta test?

r3wt

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:47:00 AM

my response is

Code:

03:48:06

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 3214,
"difficulty" : 1.81839623,
"networkhashps" : 122926846,
"Nfactor" : 5,
"N" : 64,
}

FoldingTime

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:53:15 AM

the source i built the actual client on is bricked. i tried to remove the proof of stake or atleast modify it to take nHeight for Proof of WOrk subsidy and i fucked it all up. by taht point i realixzed i hadn't backed up the source.

I truly appreciate your honesty here as most would not admit this.

Those that understand the gravity of your statement will stop mining and walk away and the others ... will probably keep mining in ignorance.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:00:45 AM

Wow what a joke.  How can you possibly support a coin that you don't even have the source code for.  I was actually mining this for a while but I think I'll stop now and suggest that everyone else do the same until you sort out the source.
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:07:35 AM

oh well r3wt, guess your idea to not release the source code right away really backfired on you, eh?   Lesson learned, coin dead.

r3wt

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:13:28 AM

I'll have a large order of FUD please

paulthetafy

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:24:28 AM

Please explain that?  Where's the FUD here?  You've released a coin for which you don't have the source code.  Fact. 

I've been mining this and would continue to do so if you can tell us what your next steps are
r3wt

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:29:20 AM

Please explain that?  Where's the FUD here?  You've released a coin for which you don't have the source code.  Fact.  

I've been mining this and would continue to do so if you can tell us what your next steps are

well i'm obviously trying to produce a working source for the coin. it won't compile on linux for whtever reason, and i recompiled on windows this evening with the new source, and surprise the client doesn't connect to the network. i'm gonna keep pluggin at it tomrrow when i have time. i'm going to bed tonight, its going on 430 am

paulthetafy

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:31:03 AM

Okay cool, well it might be a good idea to keep this thread updated with progress. 
r3wt

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:40:27 AM

Okay cool, well it might be a good idea to keep this thread updated with progress. 

have i not been here every step of the way? everytime someone posts about a build problem and i see it, i come to help. granted i haven't been here as much as i should have been, because i operate on a seriously tight schedule. i'm sure that one way or another we will get this lined out. i really need to start learning to use git. thats the lesson i'm learning here and it's a hard one.

eule

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:57:26 AM

my response is

Code:

getmininginfo

{
}

Great response...  Roll Eyes
OK your blockrate and diff adjustment works fine. My concern is, if only a few people are able to run the client, coin distribution is a joke. IMO release a coin only when everything is set up and ready for people to use.

Also:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide (I suppose you read it, but still...)

r3wt

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:09:36 AM

my response is

Code:

getmininginfo

{
}

Great response...  Roll Eyes
OK your blockrate and diff adjustment works fine. My concern is, if only a few people are able to run the client, coin distribution is a joke. IMO release a coin only when everything is set up and ready for people to use.

Also:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide (I suppose you read it, but still...)

yeah, i've read it but.... this is scrypt jane....

eule

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:18:31 AM

I just don't understand how you could fuck up the source (backups!) and then still release the coin instead of starting all over from mehcoin. Maybe should have held a bounty for a Windows client, we all know it's a pita to compile compared to Linux.

r3wt

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:36:05 AM

I just don't understand how you could fuck up the source (backups!)

you'd be surprised. i'm not just copying and pasting shit, i pour over lines and attempt to understand what each piece of the puzzle is doing and what its responsible for.

in this particular instance, i wanted to to remove proof of stake reward system but maintain the checkpointing of blocks. i failed quite miserably in doing so and was to much of a n00b to put it back. atleast i'm trying to do something new FFS. everyone else(excluding real programmers like sunny king, mikhael, free trade etc.) is doing anything more than changing a few variables and calling it innovation. at any rate, i'm gonna fix this shit as i should. another valuable(but annoying) lesson learned. ever so humbly yours,

r3wt

eule

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:51:49 AM

Well great then, scrypt-jane without PoS sounds good (not a big fan of PoS, the rich getting richer) and feel free to hack as many coins as you want, but make sure everything works for everyone when you release it. Do a beta test first and restart the blockchain for the release, the devtome guide covers this pretty well, that's also what Neocoin does now after a failed first launch.
But now the child has dropped into the well already.  Tongue

r3wt

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:59:08 AM

Well great then, scrypt-jane without PoS sounds good (not a big fan of PoS, the rich getting richer) and feel free to hack as many coins as you want, but make sure everything works for everyone when you release it. Do a beta test first and restart the blockchain for the release, the devtome guide covers this pretty well, that's also what Neocoin does now after a failed first launch.
But now the child has dropped into the well already.  Tongue

lol, i like you eule, you seem like a quite reasonable person. you stated your concerns and made your points concisely without resorting to slanted arguments  such as the qouted instance below, and i have respect for that. slinging mud and fud solves nothing.
"Oh you didn't release a source, your coin is now dead blah blah blah i'm a troll"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: