Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:02:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: j-Coin information thread  (Read 30803 times)
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:05:31 PM

This is starting to suck really hard.

Two big errors.

1) Releasing binary only - Booo.... MAN we need to review the source!
2) No linux binary?  - Booo.... If so, then that would essentially be a windows premine.

I hope you reconsider and do the right thing.

xibeijan is right !
if for some reason you dont want to release sources, at least build linux sources - i can help with that

yes, i am looking for someone trustworthy to compile for linux.

if no one is found,  i want to wait a week before releasing the sources, or atleast long enough for the network to be secured. i'm really worried about the source falling into the wrong hands. it's ok if i have to delay the release a few days while you figure out how to compile it. you have a high activity count, but i can't base my trust of you solely on that. if you could perhaps get a mod or highly respected/trusted member to vouch for you, i would feel alot better about sending you the sources.

also, while we are on the subject, could you possibly crosscompile for mac, and if not, is their anyone else here who can/would be willing?

How is anyone to trust your software without releasing the source code?

Have you something to hide?

I hear what your saying, but there is nothing malicious in the code.  Kimoto didn't release the MEC sources, which is a smart move. prevents network from being vulnerable early on. if no one has the sources they can't alter the code and destroy it, and i like that.
This, unfortunately, is the world we live in.  Trust vs people tweaking the code, sometimes maliciously.
My suggestion: release a partial source, so people can see it's not malicious.
Let the whiners whine and the bleaters bleat, if they refuse to trust you, then they can miss out when the coin launches.
It's your launch, it's your right.  Good luck!

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:06:27 PM

This is starting to suck really hard.

Two big errors.

1) Releasing binary only - Booo.... MAN we need to review the source!
2) No linux binary?  - Booo.... If so, then that would essentially be a windows premine.

I hope you reconsider and do the right thing.

xibeijan is right !
if for some reason you dont want to release sources, at least build linux sources - i can help with that

yes, i am looking for someone trustworthy to compile for linux.

if no one is found,  i want to wait a week before releasing the sources, or atleast long enough for the network to be secured. i'm really worried about the source falling into the wrong hands. it's ok if i have to delay the release a few days while you figure out how to compile it. you have a high activity count, but i can't base my trust of you solely on that. if you could perhaps get a mod or highly respected/trusted member to vouch for you, i would feel alot better about sending you the sources.

also, while we are on the subject, could you possibly crosscompile for mac, and if not, is their anyone else here who can/would be willing?

I hear what your saying, but there is nothing malicious in the code.  Kimoto didn't release the MEC sources, which is a smart move. prevents network from being vulnerable early on. if no one has the sources they can't alter the code and destroy it, and i like that.

You don't sound confident in the code.  Maybe the source will never be released.  How can we know?

If you are aware of security issues with the code, then you should not release it.

How about releasing the source ahead of time (without the genesis block), say 1 hour, for review?  Then folks can review the code and point out any bugs or security issues before it goes live.

I don't know about other users, but I'm not running any binaries (even Linux) unless I can review the code for trojans, viruses, etc.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:07:18 PM

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
DogtownHero (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:29:11 PM

a brief analysis of the block rewards has been posted, as well as premine information and release schedule. to the questions posted thus far

1. I would like to have Mac/Linux Binaries ready upon launch, if possible. it depends on if anyone can step up and compile for each OS. if the community is ok with it, these would be paid positions, ie. the person who does it gets paid out of the bounty fund.
2. If you do not trust downloading the binary you may choose to wait 1 week after launch.
3. I am not aware of any security flaws in the code, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.
4. I will not cave an upload the source to anyone other than the MAC and LINUX compilers.
5. The source will be uploaded to BitBucket when i feel the network is secure enough.
6. Rather than stripping the source, instead I'll release the sources to Salty Spitoon or any other moderator/hero member the userbase deems trustworthy for review prior to release. i would assume this may postpone the release a few days. beggers can't be choosers.

tytanick
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:46:23 PM

a brief analysis of the block rewards has been posted, as well as premine information and release schedule. to the questions posted thus far

1. I would like to have Mac/Linux Binaries ready upon launch, if possible. it depends on if anyone can step up and compile for each OS. if the community is ok with it, these would be paid positions, ie. the person who does it gets paid out of the bounty fund.
2. If you do not trust downloading the binary you may choose to wait 1 week after launch.
3. I am not aware of any security flaws in the code, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.
4. I will not cave an upload the source to anyone other than the MAC and LINUX compilers.
5. The source will be uploaded to BitBucket when i feel the network is secure enough.
6. Rather than stripping the source, instead I'll release the sources to Salty Spitoon or any other moderator/hero member the userbase deems trustworthy for review prior to release. i would assume this may postpone the release a few days. beggers can't be choosers.

I can compile linux sources for you and test on few distributions. Send me PM if you are interested.

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:40:12 PM

that logo... Lips sealed
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:43:31 AM

So can we use our modified YAC gpu miners right away?
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:58:33 AM

wow no source code??   Roll Eyes Shocked Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  that is craaaazy. We can't trust your code if no source. Heck you're probably going to mine BTC while you're pretending to mine J-coin. No way man - this just doesn't sound right!!!    Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:58:54 AM

shit! no source code?
Entz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:33:10 AM

shit! no source code?
DogtownHero is, by his own admission, r3wt's alt. So not sure why you are surprised.  Last time some of his source was released it didn't go so well.

Sounds like a good plan.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 02:55:57 AM

R3wt as in the blackmailer who used control of Vlad's project repo to try to blackmail him?

or is it claimed some other blackmailer somehow took control of that repo from R3wt?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:13:05 AM

So can we use our modified YAC gpu miners right away?

yes.

DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:47:01 AM

shit! no source code?
DogtownHero is, by his own admission, r3wt's alt. So not sure why you are surprised.  Last time some of his source was released it didn't go so well.

Sounds like a good plan.

Your first point: it was a messy coding job, and above that it was a last minute deal altogether( compiled and thrown on web in less than 24 hours). i made more than a few mistakes on that job and i'm working with iGotSpots to build a better GasCoin. he's stipulated i make a public apology to the community prior to re-release of GASCOIN, and i will do it. there were several flaws in the design of that coin(wasn't my choice, i do what the customer asks for, he announced it would be ready at 7pm before i even had the chance to test on testnet) and i'm slowly getting him to open his mind to some alterations that will allow the coin to be succesful.

right now my projects are:

CraftCoin diff fix & Fork.(Justin and I completed last night)

Nanotokens Fork and Diff fix.(chain got stuck at 18420 blocks, code fixed, now its a matter of compiling. probably do that next.)

J-coin release.(expect to be finished by tonight. tweaking the POS code to allow me to override nBits(by looking for nHeight and nSubsidy instead).too many arguments error.  release will be postponed until all clients are available for 3 major OS.)

GASCOIN--complete rebuild. working on initial specs with iGotSpots. no premine this time.

hopefully after i get this released, NAN fixed and GAS re-released i will be able to take a break for a while.

by the way, a quick update on the current block rewards.

Code:

//*rewards*//
static const int64 nMin = .777 * COIN; // minimum subsidy
static const int64 nA = 777;          //premine variable 1
static const int64 nB = 228.7992277992278; // premine variable 2
static const int64 nC = 1; //normal reward variable
static const int64 nD = 2; //normal reward variable
static const int64 nE = 4; //normal reward variable
static const int64 nF = 7; //normal reward varialbe
static const int64 nG = 15; //normal reward variable
static const int64 nMult = 1.5; //multiplier for reward variable

int64 GetProofOfWorkReward(unsigned int nHeight)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = (nMult * 5.18) * COIN; //DUH muthafuggin' genesis block ya heard! 7.77 coins

if (nHeight > 0) {nSubsidy = (1 * nA) * COIN;} // Giveaway Coinage 777 coins
else if (nHeight > 1) {nSubsidy = (nA * nB) * COIN;} // 177777 coins; Premine
else if (nHeight > 2) {nSubsidy = (.5 + nMin) * COIN; // test
else if (nHeight > 8) {nSubsidy = (1 * nMin) * COIN;} // launch-time subsidy. low to limit early hoarding.
else if (nHeight > 1000) {nSubsidy = (nG * nMult) * COIN;} // real rewards start here 22.5 coins per block.
else if (nHeight > 2000) {nSubsidy = (1 * nG) * COIN;} // 15 coins per block
else if (nHeight > 4000) {nSubsidy = (nF * nMult) * COIN;} // 10.5 coins per block
else if (nHeight > 8000) {nSubsidy = (1 * nF) * COIN;} // 7 coins per block
else if (nHeight > 16000) {nSubsidy = (nE * nMult) * COIN;} // 6 coins per block
else if (nHeight > 32000) {nSubsidy = (1* nE) * COIN;} // 4 coins per block
else if (nHeight > 64000) {nSubsidy = (nD * nMult) * COIN;} // 3 coins
else if (nHeight > 128000) {nSubsidy = (1 * nD) * COIN;} // 2 coins
else if (nHeight > 256000) {nSubsidy = (nC * nMult) * COIN;} // 1.5 coins
else {nSubsidy = (1 * nC) * COIN;} // 1 coin
//subsidy halving... approximately every 277.77777778 days
nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 400000);
//prevent subsidy from dropping under  nMin (.777) due to subsidy halving
if (nSubsidy < nMin)
    {
        nSubsidy = nMin;
    }

return nSubsidy;
}

Entz

Activity: 210

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:54:46 AM

Sounds/Looks good, thanks for the updates.

Your first point: it was a messy coding job, and above that it was a last minute deal altogether( compiled and thrown on web in less than 24 hours). i made more than a few mistakes on that job and i'm working with iGotSpots to build a better GasCoin. he's stipulated i make a public apology to the community prior to re-release of GASCOIN, and i will do it.
Good on you for doing that. /thumbs up

DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:59:26 AM

R3wt as in the blackmailer who used control of Vlad's project repo to try to blackmail him?

or is it claimed some other blackmailer somehow took control of that repo from R3wt?

-MarkM-

That is not true. i never blackmailed Vlad, he stretched the truth on numerous occasions of what went on between us in PM's. he said he didn't know how to use GIT, and asked me to keep control of the repo. then after shit hit the fan he demanded access to the repo. i had to dig through my email to find the email from shakezula with the username and password. i never even logged in. after i sent him the coins, he apologized in the thread and in pms for his boisterous statements.

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:03:11 AM

GASCOIN? A JOKE
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 04:10:22 AM

-MarkM-

That is not true. i never blackmailed Vlad, he stretched the truth on numerous occasions of what went on between us in PM's. he said he didn't know how to use GIT, and asked me to keep control of the repo. then after shit hit the fan he demanded access to the repo. i had to dig through my email to find the email from shakezula with the username and password. i never even logged in. after i sent him the coins, he apologized in the thread and in pms for his boisterous statements.

So how were blackmail notes materialising on github in that repo?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:37:42 AM

-MarkM-

So how were blackmail notes materialising on github in that repo?

-MarkM-

i posted the github login credentials in the thread. if he wants to go to github he can. i can prove it wasn't me. i have a static ip and no vpn.

MyZhre

Activity: 193

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:47:34 AM

So, you will premine 177777 JCoin, am i right?

NXT: 13997163105778396158
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:48:30 AM

i want to wait a week before releasing the sources, or atleast long enough for the network to be secured. i'm really worried about the source falling into the wrong hands...

Are you for real? If you want to see the source of this coin, here it is:

https://github.com/foocoin/mehcoin

Yes, that's right, now you too can clone your own Ya/Yb coin. Of course this works with the various foocoin bits and deps, if you're looking for "what" to change, google scrypt jane minimal changes and you'll get the gist.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: