Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:04:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Demographics Polling] Hub  (Read 5273 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:14:13 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 08:25:49 AM by Kluge

It's time to empower ourselves.

Google knows who we are, what kind of music we listen to, and what we fap to. Check it out for yourself @ https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/preferences (click "Control your ads settings." Click Edit next to Interests for the full lists.)
^Actually, their list for myself and the other person who responded suck, possibly due to low info. I allegedly like reggae and superhero films. He allegedly likes cosmetics and Bollywood.  Huh

The NSA knows who we are (even whether or not we're a citizen, with 50% confidence!), who we want to kill, and what we want to kill them with. For a full list, try a FOIA request. Good luck!

Anyway, let's see if there're any interesting generalities, or if trends emerge after some years of polling, among forum members. Statistics for the forum will be posted here as years pass and polls complete.

Without further ado, here is the list of threads with polls:

Please do not bump those threads, but rather discuss here, to keep down on the clutter. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:13:38 AM

Another interesting poll would be Occupation, too see if bitcoiners come from a wide range of industries,  or mostly tech related.
Yeah. I have one pre-done for education with results (never made a graph for it). I'll toss up an occupation poll with it. Would like to have a list of no more than 15 sectors, preferably under 10. Will look around and post within a couple hours.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:17:41 PM

Education & Occupation polls now added.

Last time you see all the [Demographics Polling] threads popping up all at once for at least a year. Smiley

ETA: Aside hub, all threads now locked. Voting still permitted, ofc.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:21:03 PM

According to the personality test, I'm not supposed to be a libertarian Roll Eyes. Maybe I should read some Karl Marx...
Then again, Ron Paul ≠ libertarian...

Also, for religion, what about Shintoism?
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:44:28 PM

According to the personality test, I'm not supposed to be a libertarian Roll Eyes. Maybe I should read some Karl Marx...

If there are a bunch of "Other" responses, I'll modify the list. I generally look for options with a low number of responses, and merge that option with others (or "Other") to make room for responses which are most common in comments, but don't have an option representing them. Won't be until 2014, though... but this is something I have no problem doing for years. It'd be interesting to be able to see cross-sectional data (for instance, occupation and education by personality type), but I'd have to point people to an external survey service, and figure there'd probably be many less responses, where there probably wouldn't even be enough responses to get any kind of confidence in cross-sectional data even without adding that hassle. Ramble, ramble ramble...

I'm curious -- which type did it spit out at you?
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:59:48 PM

If there are a bunch of "Other" responses, I'll modify the list. I generally look for options with a low number of responses, and merge that option with others (or "Other") to make room for responses which are most common in comments, but don't have an option representing them. Won't be until 2014, though... but this is something I have no problem doing for years. It'd be interesting to be able to see cross-sectional data (for instance, occupation and education by personality type), but I'd have to point people to an external survey service, and figure there'd probably be many less responses, where there probably wouldn't even be enough responses to get any kind of confidence in cross-sectional data even without adding that hassle. Ramble, ramble ramble...

I'm curious -- which type did it spit out at you?

ENFP:
You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

This is from an earlier test I did yesterday. I might try the first link once I get the time.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:22:22 AM

bump
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:44:48 AM

Hey, guys.

NSA here. Need to form some generalizations, so needing more replies. Thanks.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:52:07 AM

I like Bitcoin.

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:37:15 PM

Are you White? Good news - I just talked to my supervisor, and we're going to purge all Caucasians from our databases so we can better-target the real terrorists. -But, the software won't know you're White unless you suggest it - so at least fill out the "language spoken" and "religion" poll. For your own good. Thanks!
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:53:31 PM

Are you White? Good news - I just talked to my supervisor, and we're going to purge all Caucasians from our databases so we can better-target the real terrorists. -But, the software won't know you're White unless you suggest it - so at least fill out the "language spoken" and "religion" poll. For your own good. Thanks!

How do these polls prove someone is white?
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:22:03 PM

It can prove, with 70% certainty (well above the minimum threshold of 50%), that somebody is White, which eventually brings us to a 20% certainty that the person is a US citizen - as a separate addition to usual routines, making it almost impossible (90% certain) that an English-speaking Christian will be targeted.
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:09:42 PM

It can prove, with 70% certainty (well above the minimum threshold of 50%), that somebody is White, which eventually brings us to a 20% certainty that the person is a US citizen - as a separate addition to usual routines, making it almost impossible (90% certain) that an English-speaking Christian will be targeted.

80% of Americans are white. With your logic, being American "proves", with 80% certainty, that one is white.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:21:48 PM

80% of Americans are white. With your logic, being American "proves", with 80% certainty, that one is white.
Yes.
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:58:37 AM

Check it out for yourself @ https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/preferences (click "Control your ads settings." Click Edit next to Interests for the full lists.)

well a nice little ghost doesn't let me see this site and when I unblock i get the message where google tells me how to activate cookies.
looks like I'm doing something totally wrong here...   Smiley

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:02:32 AM

Check it out for yourself @ https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/preferences (click "Control your ads settings." Click Edit next to Interests for the full lists.)

well a nice little ghost doesn't let me see this site and when I unblock i get the message where google tells me how to activate cookies.
Apparently. Google is telling me all sorts of stuff I didn't know about myself. For example, I now am interested in bicycles and East Asian music. Cheesy
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:08:38 AM

looks like I'm doing something totally wrong here...   Smiley
Yes, lovely ghost.

Google doesn't know my searches either. Using https://startpage.com

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:14:03 AM

Business News
C & C++
Computer & Video Games
Computers & Electronics
Crafts
Currencies & Foreign Exchange
Finance
Food & Drink
Games
Graphics & Animation Software
Home & Garden
Investing
Massive Multiplayer
Movies
Music & Audio
News
Nintendo
Online Games
Online Video
Pets & Animals
Photo & Image Sharing
Politics
Programming
Real Estate
Roleplaying Games
Sony PlayStation
TV & Video

hey that's me in a nutshell! neat! google knows me better than most people i know know me. i wonder if maybe google wants to hang out some time.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
hlynur

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:25:46 AM

Apparently. Google is telling me all sorts of stuff I didn't know about myself. For example, I now am interested in bicycles and East Asian music. Cheesy

funniest recommendation i saw before using ghostery was a bunch of caviar adverts after searching for a western digital harddisk named caviar blue.
it's always hard not to laugh in presence of employees when i have to configure some computers at work. You wouldn't believe what kinds of stuff usual office workers are googling during their worktime.

hlynur

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:34:34 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 05:21:07 AM by hlynur

hey that's me in a nutshell! neat! google knows me better than most people i know know me. i wonder if maybe google wants to hang out some time.

google (or microsoft,apple) hangs out with you nearly every second of your digital life.
I'm glad I'm that old that I didn't have to spend my whole childhood with that fucker.
It's frightening that younger generations will be analyzed and observed from the first day they'll use a computer/smartphone to becoming an adult.
That opens another level of perversion for marketing strategies.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: