Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most stable altcoin?  (Read 4175 times)
Murloc (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:12:49 AM

How do you think what altcoin / token is the most stable one (ofcourse not tether please Smiley )? I'm interested in finding something with decent trade volume where it will be possible to save money doring such strong corrections (like from 20k to 14). Please  bring some arguments to your suggestions and add links to coinmarketcap Smiley

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
classictv613

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:35:31 AM

While any Altcoin is swayed by the overall market, finding an Altcoin with a large market cap and large trading volume should be a good estimator of stability. For the cheap mid-price Altcoins, something like Ripple is pretty stable. For the even cheaper coins, you can never go wrong with Dogecoin.
Murloc (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:20:14 PM

While any Altcoin is swayed by the overall market, finding an Altcoin with a large market cap and large trading volume should be a good estimator of stability. For the cheap mid-price Altcoins, something like Ripple is pretty stable. For the even cheaper coins, you can never go wrong with Dogecoin.
Even most of those altcoins with the high marker cap were red for some days together with bitcoin. The goal is to find an altcoin where I can hide my money from those dumps. Ripple performed greate this time but I see no guarantees that this coin will do the same at the next time.

DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:24:07 PM

Honestly there is no safety during a dump like last time. USDT is the closest thing and you don't want it. Like was mentioned top coins. Even just holding bitcoin is safest, it may drop 10% but most the alts will fall 20% or more. BitBay is working on a dynamic peg which will make it much more stable but that is not release yet but maybe something to keep an eye on.
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:38:16 PM

No such thing in case of massive crypto fall nothing will keep your money safe,usdt might be close to safe but on the other hand usdt might be the reason of that fall.So far only litecoin had some succes against btc
fluctuation as hedge fund since its price follows the btc
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 02:43:02 PM

I think bitcoin has stable coin than altcoin, but if you want to invest in altcoin you can choose litecoin. Update the spot market to get new news about the price for altcoin Smiley

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
cryptotnak

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:43:46 PM

Even the most stable altcoin bleeds when the BTC price moves,for me the most stable coin is doge,it remains the most shit of all the shitcoins a worthless coin.

Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:51:05 PM

I like to use NEM due to its stability. It's not a stablecoin of course, but in some way it can be used as a hedging tool. But if you need to wait until the correction ends the best thing is to go to $.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:52:26 PM

How do you think what altcoin / token is the most stable one (ofcourse not tether please Smiley )? I'm interested in finding something with decent trade volume where it will be possible to save money doring such strong corrections (like from 20k to 14). Please  bring some arguments to your suggestions and add links to coinmarketcap Smiley
In my opinion, altcoins that have large circulating supply are the most stable when it comes to the price like Ripple and Dogecoin, because most of altcoins that have large supply have investors that bought it for long term investment. But you have to know that all altcoins are tied to the price of Bitcoin so whenever Bitcoin price drops expect that most of altcoins in the market will drop too (not always). If you want a safe haven Tether is the only altcoin that will protect your money from huge price corrections or just cash out it out.
klub88

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:54:11 PM

basiclly all value of altcoin is fluctuations, not one has sure value. altcoins has faster growth and decline. to the best you do daily traders with top coins. i guess xrp, dogecoin, and lite its good for trading. for marketcap i suggest is bitrex
usernormal

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:56:00 PM

Ripple / XRP is pretty stable, probably because it has to be so it may be used in forex. But that also means no great surges in value, so not very useful for speculators, more for people who are in it for the long run.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:58:07 PM

I think it's Ethereum first of all because it has the person behind it who will support and control it. Publicity of Vitalik Buterin assures that Ethereum is not a bubble. Upside down Bitcoin could be a bubble because we still have no idea who is Satoshi Nakamoto.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:10:35 PM

This is a very relevant question s I was really in search of an alternative to Bitcoin which could stand the recent plunges but none was found except the USDT option. It seems now clear that the life of altcoins depends on the survival of Bitcoin. And this is dangerous for the crypto community.
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:11:57 PM

Pay ur attention to litetcoin for example.
The oldest cryptocurrency is now also quite confident. A small increase in recent months with the pleases those who trust litecoin.
This crypto is still often referred to as "digital silver" (bitcoin - "digital gold") staunchly remains in the top 10 by the amount of indicators.
Xylber

Activity: 611
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:13:18 PM

Ethereum is good for that, the network is used for a lot of contracts, so, you will always have somebody mining for any or other purpose.
ghost424

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:14:01 PM

We cannot say if a alternate coin is stable because Bitcoin and Ethereum themselves are not stable and this are their basis. If this two become stable then we can see some alternate coins also stabilize.
killgald

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:15:28 PM

For me the most stable altcoin is the ETH nevertheless its fluctuating in the market, it have quite a time in the market and its going up the next year.

Murloc (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:18:47 PM

I like to use NEM due to its stability. It's not a stablecoin of course, but in some way it can be used as a hedging tool. But if you need to wait until the correction ends the best thing is to go to $.
Going USD is probably the safest way but if I would like to withdraw by funds from exchange then I will have to pay fees and taxes for it. Is it safe to storemy USD in the exchange?
If you want a safe haven Tether is the only altcoin that will protect your money from huge price corrections or just cash out it out.
Tether recently had some security issues and "scam accusations". Even in theory the coin with fixed price can't be 100% trustworthy. Thats why I'm trying to avoid it. And why people are buying tether while they can trate BTC directly to USD?

xGeraValerax

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:30:49 PM

In my opinion, the most stable altcoyin "Zcash", for today has in circulation about 1.543.769 coins, while the cost per unit is 372.87 USD
Alok_Yadav

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:35:55 PM

I think doge the doge is the most stable. Though it varies to some extent when we see high volatility in btc price.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: