Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCT.CO] [IPO-cancelled] BTCGARDEN MINER---Eyes to the horizon  (Read 197980 times)
aiwill (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 10:54:49 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 11:12:02 AM by aiwill

27% of the 1st share batch now sold.

Not exactly exciting - but still looks to me like they'll fill this batch in a few days.

Smiley  We will

Due to the troubles from both english and functions of the platform, many chinese BTCers and members of btcman.com are still learning how to use btct.co at the moment. Grin

Thanks for Franktank`s explaination in this thread.  I would like to emphasize the usage of the IPO funds again:

1. Second batch with a huge amount of wafers.
2. Deployment costs for at least several hundreds TH.
3. 2ed-gen chips, 80% odds to 40nm and 20% to 55nm.(BTW: again, 28nm is unrealistic due to the capacity of Fab and the cost )
4. We run this project as a long-term biz, so we need to reserve a part of funds with RMB (CNY,chinese legal money). We need to hold an amount of funds in order to meet probable demands or possible risks.
5. At least currently, our stock is probably not that good for pure speculators.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:47:43 AM

Not exactly exciting - but still looks to me like they'll fill this batch in a few days.

Smiley  We will

Due to the troubles from both english and functions of the platform, many chinese BTCers and members of btcman.com are still learning how to use btct.co at the moment. Grin

Thanks for Franktank`s explaination in this thread.  I would like to emphasize the usage of the IPO funds again:

3. 2ed-gen chips, 80% odds to 40nm and 20% to 55nm.(BTW: again, 28nm is unrealistic due to the capacity of Fab and the cost )
4. We run this project as a long-term biz, so we need to reserve a part of funds with RMB (CNY,chinese legal money). We need to hold an amount of funds in order to meet probable demands or possible risks.
5. At least currently, our stock is probably not that good for pure speculators.

Love your style. I'm in  Smiley
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:39:58 PM

I'm sincerely confused why all the hype is with labcoin and not BTCGarden. What part of "we're gonna deploy 200TH by the end of October and then 300TH more by the end of the year" do people not understand?

If LabCoin and BTCGarden have an equal chance to reach and keep 10-20% of the hashrate within the next 6 months, then LabCoin is a much better stock to invest in since the cost is so low.

However, if you believe that one has an advantage then it's less of a clear decision. If BTCGarden can sell out all of the shares in the next 2 weeks, I think that they'll be better positioned from a capital standpoint to deliver several generations of equipment.

I have investments in AM, AMC, LABCOIN and BTCGARDEN now. I'm looking to hold for quite some time - in an ideal world, they each manage 10% network share + massive hardware sales.

Nosniw

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:18:20 PM

Hey
how frequent will be the dividend payout? Roll Eyes
googlemi

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:21:30 PM

Watching

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yuchuanzhen

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 01:21:55 PM

Hey
how frequent will be the dividend payout? Roll Eyes
All of the mining and sales profits will be paid out to the shareholders of BTCGARDEN weekly through btct.co.

Tip:17YxKtDNYWjkhPYTKieh4xSGuyAfL4kJ5o
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:58:47 PM

Oh wow, you sure have at least one big fan

oxfeeefeee

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:18:40 PM

Smiley  We will

You emphasized that you did a full mask tape-out for the first batch even without a sample testing. While it shows your confidence and willingness to get things online as fast as you can, it inevitably is a risk.
So my question is, how big the risk is? what if it fails? how much money and time it would cost you? (and your investors).

I'm a potential investor, thanks for answering!
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:22:05 PM

I try to buy some shares on btct.co, but it says "Excessive wait trying to get lock on BTCGARDEN."

What does it mean?
E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 02:23:56 PM

I try to buy some shares on btct.co, but it says "Excessive wait trying to get lock on BTCGARDEN."

What does it mean?

Too much traffic
oxfeeefeee

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:26:26 PM

Oh wow, you sure have at least one big fan

yes that made other bars very short  Smiley
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:35:34 PM

(...)
As of July 2013, bitcoin net hashrate is at  200TH, 1000TH is a reasonable estimate at the end of 2013. We will concentrate on deploying our devices for self-mining till we reach 350TH, we expect to reach that milestone around end of the 2013 which will give us 35% occupancy of the whole net. We have already taken a big risk to tapeout our first batch of 200TH directly(without sample chips & prototype) since we have enough confidence on our Layout design.  Furthermore, we will order the second batch of 300TH or more immediately after we receive/test pass our first batch. Therefore, to compare with those potential competitors, we could have a very big advantage on production capacity in this year.  There are undoubtfully some risks involved with this approach, but the risk/reward ratio is highly favorable if we succeed. All shareholders will then be the main beneficiaries.
(...)

A 200TH order of untested chips, just on "confidence"? Shocked Shocked Shocked

(...)
Tech Exhibition

a)   Project Milestone i.   March 15th: Signed the confidential contract with the IC manufacture and got the library for synthesis and layout.
                             ii.   April 10th:RTL design, optimization and simulation were finished. Data to predict the specification of actual chips generated.

(...)

What is cgminer mining on here then? Air? Angry

oxfeeefeee

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:48:00 PM

A 200TH order of untested chips, just on "confidence"? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Not as good as tested chips, but better than nothing (like labcoin), right?

What is cgminer mining on here then? Air?
I'm not a hardware guy, but may be mining on a FPGA simulator? I'm curious too.
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:04:30 PM

(...)
Tech Exhibition

a)   Project Milestone i.   March 15th: Signed the confidential contract with the IC manufacture and got the library for synthesis and layout.
                             ii.   April 10th:RTL design, optimization and simulation were finished. Data to predict the specification of actual chips generated.

(...)

I think its in the back of cgminer window because its a "confidential contract"
yuansuyi

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:06:14 PM

(...)
Tech Exhibition

a)   Project Milestone i.   March 15th: Signed the confidential contract with the IC manufacture and got the library for synthesis and layout.
                             ii.   April 10th:RTL design, optimization and simulation were finished. Data to predict the specification of actual chips generated.

(...)

dxxw

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:37:18 PM

Smiley  We will

aiwill,far less optimistically I expect it'll take days or even weeks to sell out the first 2 million.What if you cannot raise enough funds in a short time?I'm afraid this may cause a delay of your 2nd batch of chips.You know,any delay could mean heavy losses in BTC mining industry.
Anyway,I’ve bought a few of it.  Wink

E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 03:44:14 PM

aiwill,far less optimistically I expect it'll take days or even weeks to sell out the first 2 million.What if you cannot raise enough funds in a short time?I'm afraid this may cause a delay of your 2nd batch of chips.You know,any delay could mean heavy losses in BTC mining industry.
Anyway,I’ve bought a few of it.  Wink

I haven't bought any but watching closely. Not sure how long it will take to go through the first 2 million as markets are a bit unpredictable. This said, they managed to sell more than 1/3 in 12 hours, so I don't think it will takes weeks to sell the remaining ones.
But hey, who knows... 
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:01:25 PM

Those investing in BTC Garden must be aware of this. You're essentially locking down BTC for about 4-6 months, waiting and reading R&D updates. If you're planning to flip shares, you don't belong here.  
dxxw

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:01:30 PM

(...)
Tech Exhibition

a)   Project Milestone i.   March 15th: Signed the confidential contract with the IC manufacture and got the library for synthesis and layout.
                             ii.   April 10th:RTL design, optimization and simulation were finished. Data to predict the specification of actual chips generated.
 https://i.imgur.com/opjbayU.jpg

(...)

Good eyesight.
dxxw

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:08:53 PM

Anyway,I’ve bought a few of it.  Wink

I haven't bought any but watching closely. Not sure how long it will take to go through the first 2 million as markets are a bit unpredictable. This said, they managed to sell more than 1/3 in 12 hours, so I don't think it will takes weeks to sell the remaining ones.
But hey, who knows... 
It's possible——if most people have reserved views like you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: