Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your guys' opinion on my portfolio?  (Read 306 times)
felixpalm (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:00:36 AM

Hi all, I've recently obtained an obsession for crypto in the past couple of months and did some extensive research. I've invested my money into these 5 coins and I wanted to hear your guys' thoughts on these. I'm going to explain my reasoning and i'm hoping you all can do the same so we can have a logical and level-headed discussion.

1. BTC (for larger transactions) - i feel like I don't really need to explain myself on this one. I think this coin will continue to hold its throne for at least another year or two so long as any major news isn't released.

2. LTC (for smaller transactions) - I'm mainly excited for this coin because Charlie Lee, the creator, is planning some surprises for investors. I'm hoping online merchants such as Amazon will accept Litecoin as a form of payment

3. IOTA (interconnected device-to-device transactions) - I'm very excited about the concept of this coin and want to support its technology even if it doesn't make me any money. The tangle seems to be an amazing data structure and I hope they can work out their bugs and get enough devices connected. Truly believe this coin will be revolutionary. I remember watching a video on this coin that told me to picture a car that has a balance. That car would be able to pay for parking, get gas, move through toll gates instantaneously without its respective consumer pulling out a credit card/cash. When thinking about all the various devices that could potentially connect to the internet, the applications seem endless.

4. XSPEC (private transactions) - McAfee stated that private coins would play a large role in the future of crypto so I went out and did my research. After comparing this coin's features to the other coins, it seemed to me like this coin was heavily undervalued especially considering its market cap and supply. I noticed that it's a PoS private coin that boasts 60 second transaction times and incorporates ring signatures and TOR capabilities. I also like how the network provides staking rewards, providing an incentive to hold rather than pump and dump. The community behind this project seems to be very strong and helpful in answering questions, so I believe this coin has a bright future.

5. XRP (banking/institutional transactions) - I chose this coin mainly to diversify my wallet and have something that works closer with established institutions. I don't particular endorse a centralized system due to price manipulation, but I think it will continue to serve a purpose since it helps banks move large sums of money instantaneously with little to no fee. With a supply in the trillions, I think it will take a couple of years to see any impressive returns.

Alex_bao

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:05:54 AM

Yes, these are good and the point is that spectrecoin (XSPEC) will have a higher future value
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:24:14 AM

First off, welcome to the world of cryptos
Interesting picks!

BTC- I only use this to buy alt coins.  If you are in this for making FIAT this is still probably the way to go.  I'm not in this for paper money so I typically use this to just get alt coins.  It's an old reliable and it's most likely going to continue to rise.  It's also not private and I tend towards privacy coins. But having said that I also have

IOTA-  I'm with you on this and I'm glad I got in before the recent jump.  Tangle sets it apart.  I'm really interested to see what they do with it.  I hear they plan to implement a privacy protocol of some sort but don't know much more about it than that.

SPECTRECOIN- I'm a huge fan of and it's actually another reason I got into IOTA because I saw similarity in their purpose if not their tech.  This one I'm particularly hopeful for because, with the implementation of it's roadmap, it will have the most utility for me.

XRP-  It's probably going to continue to rise.  Banks are invested in it.  I dumped all mine when I realized it was trying to tie the banking system into cryptos. I got into cryptos to see the banking system crash.  I know I could make a decent sum off of this if I cared for fiat... I just can't bring myself to compromise the reason I got into these in the first place.

LTC-  I've all but ignored it.  Have nothing good or bad to say about it really.

I think this is a good start unless you are super wealthy.  Then I'd get some MONERO in there as well. Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
pageraji

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:38:45 AM

it think no 1 n0 2 and no 5 its old coin, its good invest for long term, but i dont know about no 4 and 5, its brand new coin and untested in market place
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:30:43 AM

Your portfolio is so good. Hold them in long term can make you rich. However, you should add more new coins to your portfolio. New coins usually have a huge growth in short time

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
floyd1987

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:27:23 PM

I like your spread, and your reasons. You have similar reasons as me for liking LTC, BTC, and XSPEC. Of those three, XSPEC is definitely my favorite. Undervalued with an active and helpful community, as well as strong privacy features (with more on the way) and low-cost staking rewards, as you've mentioned.

Another favorite of mine is BCH (Bitcoin Cash). I think BCH and LTC are competing for similar marketplaces (everyday low value purchases), and right now BCH is winning (as far as dollar value per unit, by about 10:1). I expect BCH to continue to do well in the future and LTC to continue to play the "catch up" game for some time (a year or two).
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:33:11 PM

I think it is a solid portfolio for the long run.  The one that is least likely to be around for the long haul, in my opinion, is XRP.  It is a technology whose fate is tied to that of the dinosaur fiat establishment.  It is likely to do well in the short to medium term, though; I just do not trust it as a long term investment.

XSPEC stands out as the race horse of your portfolio.  It is deeply undervalued, but has some very dynamic developments under right way now, which should raise its visibility, price and ranking substantially in the coming weeks.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
redhack
Legendary

Activity: 1860
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:49:51 PM

Only BTC and LTC is good in your portfolio. Other 3 coins are trash.
I highly suspect this thread is just another spectrecoin spam advertisement. You just put other coins to hide the fact that you are shilling for spectrecoin, just like dozens of other new users.
Xerro1990

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

add Bitcoin Cash and EOS
Fnatic

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:48:57 PM

I agree Spectrecoin is very undervalued atm and has huge potential to grow!!
azertyuiopvnx

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:53:07 PM

Btc, iota, ltc are nice choice.

I'm holding those coins also, add BCC and Stratis
tech55

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:54:06 PM

Your portfolio looks ok.

I would consider adding Ethereum, Stellar, and Waves to your portfolio.

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:31:04 PM

I think your opinions and portfolio are very solid. I think you should have other altcoins as well because these ones are like major coins but anyway this portfolio is very good.

okan

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:08:14 PM

Hi all, I've recently obtained an obsession for crypto in the past couple of months and did some extensive research. I've invested my money into these 5 coins and I wanted to hear your guys' thoughts on these. I'm going to explain my reasoning and i'm hoping you all can do the same so we can have a logical and level-headed discussion.

1. BTC (for larger transactions) - i feel like I don't really need to explain myself on this one. I think this coin will continue to hold its throne for at least another year or two so long as any major news isn't released.

2. LTC (for smaller transactions) - I'm mainly excited for this coin because Charlie Lee, the creator, is planning some surprises for investors. I'm hoping online merchants such as Amazon will accept Litecoin as a form of payment

3. IOTA (interconnected device-to-device transactions) - I'm very excited about the concept of this coin and want to support its technology even if it doesn't make me any money. The tangle seems to be an amazing data structure and I hope they can work out their bugs and get enough devices connected. Truly believe this coin will be revolutionary. I remember watching a video on this coin that told me to picture a car that has a balance. That car would be able to pay for parking, get gas, move through toll gates instantaneously without its respective consumer pulling out a credit card/cash. When thinking about all the various devices that could potentially connect to the internet, the applications seem endless.

4. XSPEC (private transactions) - McAfee stated that private coins would play a large role in the future of crypto so I went out and did my research. After comparing this coin's features to the other coins, it seemed to me like this coin was heavily undervalued especially considering its market cap and supply. I noticed that it's a PoS private coin that boasts 60 second transaction times and incorporates ring signatures and TOR capabilities. I also like how the network provides staking rewards, providing an incentive to hold rather than pump and dump. The community behind this project seems to be very strong and helpful in answering questions, so I believe this coin has a bright future.

5. XRP (banking/institutional transactions) - I chose this coin mainly to diversify my wallet and have something that works closer with established institutions. I don't particular endorse a centralized system due to price manipulation, but I think it will continue to serve a purpose since it helps banks move large sums of money instantaneously with little to no fee. With a supply in the trillions, I think it will take a couple of years to see any impressive returns.

it is rreally good protfolio

add some eth too. and some bcc. and some waves.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:16:48 PM

1. BTC
2. LTC
3. IOTA 4. XSPEC
5. XRP
it is rreally good protfolio

add some eth too. and some bcc. and some waves.

This portfolio looks great, Felixpalm even made a nice effort and gave
nice explanation why he chose Bitcoin and other alt-coins. I can say that
my aim is pointed in same direction.
   I agree with you Okan, too. Adding more crypto-currencies in present
times, and building up portfolios should be main task for many of us. Now
many projects are starting and they will probably shape our future, it is
better to have some tokens now in their early stages.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
AlienWithBTC

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

looks like a great portfolio. You could add very small amounts on smaller cap coins, with higher risk. Those type of coins could get you significant gains but also great losses. Up to you
zorranco

Activity: 177

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:40:44 PM

Sry but this portfolio ain't going anywhere  Grin (except for XSPEC)

The real money is not in big cap coins...is in the middle and low ones
felixpalm (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:52:54 PM

Only BTC and LTC is good in your portfolio. Other 3 coins are trash.
I highly suspect this thread is just another spectrecoin spam advertisement. You just put other coins to hide the fact that you are shilling for spectrecoin, just like dozens of other new users.

Why are the other coins trash? You don't even have to talk to me about XSPEC if you don't want to. What coins are you invested in that are so much better? Just looking to have a discussion
babygun

Activity: 2128
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 09:57:59 PM

Your portfolio is not bad and based on your explanation, you know what you are talking about. How is it split, do you have equal share in all coins? I would add ETH and as you like privacy coins also XMR.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
felixpalm (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:08:38 AM

Your portfolio is not bad and based on your explanation, you know what you are talking about. How is it split, do you have equal share in all coins? I would add ETH and as you like privacy coins also XMR.

I was actually really interested in Monero before I bought Spectre but the price seemed really high. I already made some really conservative investments with the other coins so I wanted something with more room to grow. I will probably pick up some ETH once I see some returns. I think I'll probably hold all of these for another month or so before investing anymore. I'm losing a lot of interest in Ripple though, think I may sell it soon.

20% BTC
25% LTC
15% IOTA
30% XSPEC
10% XRP
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: