Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:24:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor or Ledger?  (Read 1403 times)
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:06:15 PM

I still probably prefer to choose a ledger, because I think it's better than its competitor, by several parameters, all the same I got acquainted with the technical documentation and ledger seemed to me more convenient to use
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:37:30 PM

Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?

That both hardware wallet is good and secure when it comes to put our crypto. Actually, i don't have that kind of wallet but my friend use Ledger and i didn't see any problem for his bitcoin, so i want to use it also as my wallet and i suggest you to use that because Ledger fully support Ethereum token, so you can put BTC, ETH, BCH, LTC, DASH, ZEC also..

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:44:17 PM

Both are actually pretty good and safe.
Trezor is open source, ledger is not. (thats the only difference which means something to some people before making the decision).
I still prefer Ledger as its more handy to me and it comes cheap.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:53:31 PM

Ledger is probably sold more than trezor and I trust it more than trezor. Design of ledger nano s is really good. But technically both are probably safe
johnlofar

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:57:49 PM

I would choose ledger. Cheaper, better design.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:05:43 PM

And Ledger already hacked and in discussions of this purse I saw a negative, simply - buggy.
It's not a pure hack, it's just a trick that the reseller did to his customer. I've been using nano ledger s and I have to troubles with it. But there's no need to argue with these two wallets, they are hardware wallets that we can use at the same time and they are both trusted. But for now, I'm good with nano ledger s but in the future I'll also buy trezor if there's a need.
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:09:49 PM

Btc, eth and all altcoins can be stored on both trezor and ledger, both adware wallets are same to store cryptos on it depends on which one you want out of the too. DYOR.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:01:53 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 11:34:29 PM by mace15

Ledger is probably sold more than trezor and I trust it more than trezor. Design of ledger nano s is really good. But technically both are probably safe
I'm a user of a ledger that some of my friends recommend me to use this wallet. For me, it is secured and safe just save the recovery phrase in case it will lost. Yes, the design is good and a friendly user too.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:05:09 AM

Trezor . Definitely. It has not yet been hacked to anyone, although they are the ancestors of hardware wallets. And Ledger already hacked and in discussions of this purse I saw a negative, simply - buggy.

Always buy a Ledger Nano from the manufacturer.  It isn't recommended to save a couple of dollars by buying it off of Ebay, Amazon or anywhere else.  There has been cases of people losing their cryptocurrencies from buying Ledgers from third party sellers. 
white.raiden

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:06:24 AM

I also agree that both purses are good enough. Personally, I bought Trezor, because there was a good discount and fast delivery. But in fact there is no difference what to buy. However, be careful and do not buy fakes. Only in the country and on the manufacturer's website.
smashrs

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:15:53 AM

Is there any other alternative to this two? Is building your own secure enough?
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:18:11 AM

Both Trezor and ledger are good wallet for storage but considering the price I will recommend Ledger since it cost less than Trezor. Though both perform similar functions.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:21:21 AM

Trezor is open source, ledger is not and ledger looks cheaply made.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:21:30 AM

Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?
I prefer ledger because i like the shape of ledger more and it's cheaper compared to trezor. You can store bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, monero, neo and a few other alts, you can check the full list on the website. For the security i think it is secured.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Shaofalova

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:26:12 AM

I'm now picking the best. Want to buy hardware wallet too. Both of them is good, Ledger is good cause support more coins than Trezor.
Trezor is good because support Android platform. It's huge plus for me. And Trezor design like more.

tushkanych

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:32:55 AM

I ordered the Ledger Nano's and look forward to it. Very sad that they are not available at the moment and will have to wait. But I'll wait and immediately transfer all your coins on him.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:57:06 AM

Trezor's been the dominant crypto hardware wallet for a long time, basically had no competition. Now it looks like it has real competition in the ledger nano s. I haven't used either of them, but the ledger does look better, and it's cheaper

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:13:18 AM

i haave been using trezor wallet for a while. i can recommend it because it is really very easy to use. Even if you are a newbie and dont know anything about cryptomoney you can learn it just in 1 hour maximum watching youtube videos.
johnlofar

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:53:05 AM

Is there any other alternative to this two? Is building your own secure enough?

You can build your own paper wallet or put a wallet on a pendrive.
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:07:44 PM

I'm ledger NanoS user and very happy about it. I still haven't use their own app, much prefer Electrum and MEW setup for Ledger. I'm not telling that app is bad, I just got used to using MEW for eth and Electrum for bitcoin. Rest of the coins I kept on exchanges because I want to trade them if the price is right. NanoS have very sleek design and easy to use. Set it up in 5 min, and it allows to use my favorite wallets. I just regret I didn't buy a spare one when the price was just 58 euros. Never used Trezor, but it looks less appealing to me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: