Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor or Ledger?  (Read 1404 times)
iLatios (OP)

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:17:06 AM

https://cryptocurrency.tech/v-apparatnom-koshelke-ledger-obnaruzhena-uyazvimost/
In this short article you can read how to protect your wallet.
For those, who can't do it, I can say on short: check the adress before sending money. Wallet can change it automatically, so you will send your tokens to sb Unknown. So try to pay attention to the adress all the time and check all characters of it.

Thanks for a head-ups!

Btw, which wallet do you use?

I have ordered Trezor, but I haven't received it yet. Later I will write its benefits.
I want to say some words about delivery: DHL take extra taxes. I have ordered 3 wallets (2 of them for friends) and received discount. After coming to Ukraine, our parcel has been banned and we need to pay extra money for customs tax. And it is higher that the discount Sad

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
sollahp

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:18:18 AM

https://cryptocurrency.tech/v-apparatnom-koshelke-ledger-obnaruzhena-uyazvimost/
For those, who can't do it, I can say on short: check the adress before sending money. Wallet can change it automatically, so you will send your tokens to sb Unknown. So try to pay attention to the adress all the time and check all characters of it.

Thanks for a head-ups!

I have ordered Trezor, but I haven't received it yet. Later I will write its benefits.
I want to say some words about delivery: DHL take extra taxes. I have ordered 3 wallets (2 of them for friends) and received discount. After coming to Ukraine, our parcel has been banned and we need to pay extra money for customs tax. And it is higher that the discount Sad

The cold ledger wallet support for some altcoin also creates a very good premise in helping people develop the best way of keeping property by altcoin, avoiding the hacker, creating psychological comfort.
Now some good ICOs like Wanchain are on the heels of being supported as well by some ICOs.
By the time the market goes down this market buying yourself a ledger wallet and sending altcoin into it is one of the best methods.
Altcoin LEDGER support also demonstrates the prestige of altcoin effort!

RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:24:19 AM

Sorry for noobs question. Where you all buy this hardware wallet? Because its very hard to get this wallet in my country.
I heard someone got a fake Ledger on Amazon.
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:28:25 AM

Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?
They are both the same in terms of security and ease-of-use. The price is different, though.

There may be one additional minor difference: I had problems of sync-ing Electrum wallet with Ledger with Segwit addresses. Trezor synced without any problems.

DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:36:42 AM

Thanks for a head-ups!

Hardware wallets like the Trezor, Keepkey, and the Ledger Nano S, offer convenient access to highly secured bitcoins kept fully offline. Although they can cost between $60 and $100, these devices allow bitcoins to be spent directly from where no hackers can get to them
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:41:15 AM

The hardware that is been marketed as a result of security lapses on the part of cryptocurrency users is not absolutely a tamper proof for security of your asset. I believe devices can be bug and may also be easily vulnerable to attack. The best approach to security is consistent safe security practises.

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:52:52 AM

Sorry for noobs question. Where you all buy this hardware wallet? Because its very hard to get this wallet in my country.
official website place order and wait for them ship to you , but shipping fees is expensive, price maybe same as hardware wallet price , so maybe ask your friend buy together , then lower the shipping fees
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:04:55 AM

All hardware wallets are good place to keep coins safe from hacking will the level of security on it i think it will be very difficult to be hacked. You can order trezor directly from https://shop.trezor.io

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:13:29 AM

official website place order and wait for them ship to you , but shipping fees is expensive, price maybe same as hardware wallet price , so maybe ask your friend buy together , then lower the shipping fees
TREZOR is a small, key-sized device which connects to your computer with a USB cable. It stores your Bitcoin private keys offline and signs transactions. It can be safely used on a malware infected computer.
michael shikany

Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:23:30 AM

Most of the time I choose the Ledger.
Because Ledger supports the etherdelta exchange, etherdelt is a good place to find good tokens. Roll Eyes

bug.lady

Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:26:19 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 01:03:49 PM by bug.lady

Mate, always buy from the original vendor = manufacturer. There was recently reddit post made by a dude who bought his device on eBay and had all his founds stollen. Turns out he bought a preconfigured device.

On the other hand, original devices always come with a temper-proof seal and you can visually confirm they were not preconfigured.

_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:29:17 AM

I think they both have the same good security, but I prefer Ledger Nano S, because from the looks that I think better than Trezor, I've been using Ledger Nano S for a few months now, and I really love the way it works that requires our fingers to do transaction, so it is very safe from theft
the_viper

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:02:40 AM

Best Bitcoin hardware wallets are:

Ledger Nano S
TREZOR
KeepKey
Bitlox
batmanbabushka

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:02:26 PM

I have a ledger and I am very happy about it, but I have heard only good things from Trezor as well.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:07:35 PM

Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?
A wise choice made by your to safeguard your investment with hardware Wallet..I own a ledger and having used it I would say it's very convenient to use and easy ..The only downside though is that you can only use 5 apps at a time due to limited memory .You can uninstall and install more apps when you want .Note : The coins remain safe even if you uninstall them , you just need to install the app again to access them

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
iLatios (OP)

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:25:33 PM

I am not sure about Ledger, but Trezor has its own website, so you can buy it here. To my mind, Ledger has to have the same.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
kap786
Copper Member

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:26:27 PM

IN my Opinion
TREZOR and Ledger  both are actually great products.
Both of these wallets will give you your money’s worth
But Ledger Nano S is much cheaper than Trezor

FilmBusinessBuster.com
» A GAME CHANGER for the Film Industry  «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:32:28 PM

I think it's definitely Trezor. Ledger found herself vulnerable and warned her. And only in the next releases they promised to solve this problem. And what about those who have already bought this device?

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
terzy

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:34:47 PM

Both are good wallets but majority prefer to have ledger nano s but when it comes to security, you don't have to worry with any of them. Ledger supports more cryptocurrencies and also ERC20 tokens.
rotonda

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:26:40 PM

Both are good wallets but majority prefer to have ledger nano s but when it comes to security, you don't have to worry with any of them. Ledger supports more cryptocurrencies and also ERC20 tokens.
Yes, theay both are good cold wallets, but I prefer Trezer, because it exists more on the market and therefore it is more reliable than the newer hardware
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: