Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:11:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Verge pump only because of McAfee?  (Read 679 times)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 06:22:40 PM

I was looking for some altcoins to use as an example of altcoin that actually goes up against BTC, and not only against USD (while depreciating your BTC long position if you had any, see my thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2641352.msg26890562#msg26890562)

Someone told me about Verge, which had an impressive pump against BTC:
Sure, now it's crashing a bit, but cmon, this is insane, this coin was flaaaaaat for ages, and all of a sudden, McAfee tweets it and creates a multi billion dollar marketcap increase?

Does this guy's endorsed tweets have that much power to pump a coin, or is there any fundamentals that are interesting enough in Verge that made people invest as they found out about the coin? These volume increases are not even half normal. On Dec 11, Verge was a $100 million project, on Dec 24, it peaked at near $3.5 billion.... what do we have here.

Yeah dude, it's McAfee, that very smug son of a bitch. He tweets about a coin pretty much every day and that coin gets pumped. This happened to quite a few coins, one of the recent ones include burst which also had a price rise of like from 131 sats to 684 sats. That's fucking more than 500%. One more fact about XVG is that they have a shit team, so it's influence that's affecting the crypto market not the years of hardwork of developers,sadly. What's happening to the crypto world?  Angry Embarrassed

Booted1543

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:39:15 PM

Yea, I agree with most everyone in saying that the pump was triggered by Mcafee. I really don't see any other variables that could of triggered it.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:40:58 PM

I think Mcafee was one of the factors and he created hype and fomo that created huge attention for xvg, other factors include the bullish trend in the overall market and btc down trend.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:43:13 PM

I think so McAfee was pumped for verge once it's happened the verge tokens will be going and going up let's see what will happen at end.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:52:41 PM

I was looking for some altcoins to use as an example of altcoin that actually goes up against BTC, and not only against USD (while depreciating your BTC long position if you had any, see my thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2641352.msg26890562#msg26890562)

Someone told me about Verge, which had an impressive pump against BTC:
Sure, now it's crashing a bit, but cmon, this is insane, this coin was flaaaaaat for ages, and all of a sudden, McAfee tweets it and creates a multi billion dollar marketcap increase?

Does this guy's endorsed tweets have that much power to pump a coin, or is there any fundamentals that are interesting enough in Verge that made people invest as they found out about the coin? These volume increases are not even half normal. On Dec 11, Verge was a $100 million project, on Dec 24, it peaked at near $3.5 billion.... what do we have here.

Yeah dude, it's McAfee, that very smug son of a bitch. He tweets about a coin pretty much every day and that coin gets pumped. This happened to quite a few coins, one of the recent ones include burst which also had a price rise of like from 131 sats to 684 sats. That's fucking more than 500%. One more fact about XVG is that they have a shit team, so it's influence that's affecting the crypto market not the years of hardwork of developers,sadly. What's happening to the crypto world?  Angry Embarrassed
I think some group of people are spoiling this crypto world and making a fool for all new users. I don't how many new users lost their money because of the last pump in altcoins. Now investors are not looking projects they are just looking price chart of the coin and investing. Verge coin seriously still I do not believe how this coin grew in just a few days.
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

Verge has a good future but that price jump was definitely raises fingers.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:16:23 PM

I was not aware of the fact that the pump of Verge has started exactly when McAfee has tweeted about Verge. Are you sure about the timing?

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:54:13 PM

He definitely has been pumping Verge..its down another 25% today because he probably dumped at the peak.

McAffee did correct/clarify himself. He did say he expects 15 cents for Verge, NOT 15 DOLLARS. As some people may have thought. And besides from that Verge did go back to $.15 already (up 30% today). Its not a bad coin, however if you supported early community projects as Zoin and Colx, maybe even Linda, you could still go in early as in the bitcoin days and not when a coin is already very popular as Verge is now thanks to mcAffee.

Of course the popularity of Verge will skyrocket any new developments like the coming update(s) so that might create even more hype Smiley

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
dangdangdang

Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

I think Yes and I think people should stay away from celebrity's tweets and advertisements because it will cause false demand of coins. People are eager to invest in order to get rich but if they're relying on Mr. McAfee's tweets then they probably loose their investments after few days most of the time it will never rises back to the highest bid.

dangdangdang

Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:00:47 PM

I was not aware of the fact that the pump of Verge has started exactly when McAfee has tweeted about Verge. Are you sure about the timing?

Actually there's concrete relations on Verge's rise right after mr. McAfee's tweet and these people are very eager to invest the tweeted coin so almost money kept on their stashes were dumped to invest more Verge coins but Mr. McAfee's technique is when his investment is doubled or tripled he's going to pull it all and leaving young investors deficit until today. That's tragedy in my own opinion.

cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:04:57 PM

Whats your funda? mcafee twitted it,thats funny how people are conviced with his words,even they dont understand what the coin is they will still buy it out of nowehere.
MattCrypto43

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:40:30 AM

No we can't say only because of McAfee pump verge is developing. they have been running so many campaigns from past years to raise the verge on there own.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:44:12 AM

McAfee is a well-known person with a comprehensive technology background. I'm sure people will have the same thought about it, they think he is a tech-savvy. When that people make a research and analysis about a coin, and he publicly share his opinion, the mainstream will blindly follow it.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:49:58 AM

I think partly mcafee contributes to verge to make it pump the price. Because some investors also looked into the project development. Verge is one of a good coin to invest and it is worth it.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:07:45 PM

Yep that was strange. Even went to their website trying to understand what was going on. The only thing that I have understood for sure that there are problems inside their development team nothing more.
Verge (XVG) pump is so popular, this is the power of Mcafee in the cryptocurrency, it was indeed only pumped from the word that Mcafee did but there's many speculations that the statement was paid for the people to have a panic buying on the verge for the coin to pump. But still, it is nice a remarkable tweet that everyone dives into it.
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:21:58 PM

I still don't believe that John McAfee is so powerful that one single tweet from him can trigger a chain reaction which is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. He may claim to have information about cryptocurrencies, but most people don't agree with him, and those that believe him are not powerful enough to create a pump, in my opinion.

Scor Pio

Activity: 393
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:31:29 PM

McAfee give instant effect from his twit, but Verge is great coin with focus on privacy so i can said with or without McAfee twit Verge will growing
crazyphoenix

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:10:57 PM

It is obvious that McAfee has a big factor why Verge is pumped high, but it would eventually fall after the hype is gone. Just wait and be patient and you will see its real value.
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:12:12 PM

Yep that was strange. Even went to their website trying to understand what was going on. The only thing that I have understood for sure that there are problems inside their development team nothing more.
Verge (XVG) pump is so popular, this is the power of Mcafee in the cryptocurrency, it was indeed only pumped from the word that Mcafee did but there's many speculations that the statement was paid for the people to have a panic buying on the verge for the coin to pump. But still, it is nice a remarkable tweet that everyone dives into it.

I don't know McAfee is working commonly with bitcoin whales, but his effect on the pump is not inetitable. He really affected the trading decission of lots of people after his tweets about Verge project.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:12:57 PM

It seems like all of the really cheap coins have been pumping lately.  This one in particular has been surprising to me given the number of outstanding coins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: