Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔵 [ANN][ICO] SOLD OUT! Aurora 🔥 Decentralized Finance and Banking + Exchange 🔵  (Read 6412 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bars_kz

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:58:14 PM

Elaborate on the way in which you will use the reserves of decentralized capital as liquidity for the development of the boreal resources market?
dort

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:18:30 PM

I am interested in the following point: how will the reserve fund of decentralized capital be formed after the launch of the platform?
quixote.dao

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:38:06 PM

I am also curious about your trading bot systems... who do I talk to if I want to host one of those?

This looks like Medici Gold. I am eager to see the stablecoin in action. I'm sure Golem or other players will deploy distributed AI hosting before long, and I'm excited to see you are positioning yourselves accordingly.

I wonder if upcoming AI servers and server farms are an early area where you would be eager to offer loans. Better than farms, I think, is the idea of a server in every household. Something to keep our solar panels and battery packs busy :-) ---- what I mean is, the AURA and DVIP and upcoming BOREAL coins should be well positioned to benefit from a robust,  distributed AI architecture, according to your road map ... and I believe it would make good sense to find small players who can host a $50,000-$100,000 server, offer them a loan, which they can repay by simply deploying Golem or some such system.

With current infrastructure, ETH is strong, but nodes are still vulnerable to disruption. It looks like you are planning for a day when trade volumes are scaled exponentially. Proof of stake, where applicable in the Ethereum ecosystem, will definitely make a difference in terms of scaling solutions ... but the AI backbone is going to be essential in moving any of these heavy lifting projects forward. Right?

I hope lenders will find the people with a house, and a free electric line, and a high speed internet connection, and offer them a loan for solar panels and a server... are revenue generating assets that millions of people can practically plug and play so long as they live in a sturdy house with internet access. That way, barriers to entry are low, and we take advantage of existing assets, including a more equitable distribution of wealth in the wired class.

Disclosure: I have bought more than one DVIP token for myself. I also hold GNT and mine ETH on NVIDIA GPUs. Thanks and I look forward to posting and trading soon with the other DVIPs!!!

Happy new year and BEST WISHES for 2018.

Citya

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:43:19 PM

Hello! I looked through your website and white paper. I really liked your idea. I believe that this project is waiting for a great future.I added myself a signature. I will definitely follow the platform's news on social networks. I wish success to all who contributed to the development of this project!
woodcoin

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:20:50 PM

Hello friends! I’ve seen the info that the company plans to switch to a fractional reserve model in the future. Can anybody explain me what kind of model it is?
polonium84

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:18:41 PM

You write that the reserve will correspond to the indicator of the ideal level of reserve. Basing on what data will you calculate this indicator, if it isn’t a secret?
AuroraDao (OP)

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:46:23 AM

Why wouldn’t you keep reserves in fiat currency?

Great question! The main reason is because we are trying to make a decentralized financial network that can compete with traditional banking. To do this we cannot have any connection to the legacy financial systems, including holding reserves in fiat. Ideally Aurora is just as decentralized as bitcoin in the end.

Good afternoon. Can you explain your decision to keep the reserves of decentralized capital in Ethereum?

Initially reserves will be in ether but over time we will most likely expand to other extremely liquid decentralized assets. We're a bit weary of using ICO tokens for them as their use is a lot more limited than a token tied to a platform (such as ether).

▰       IDEX       ▰       Ethereum’s First High-Performance Decentralized Exchange
▨ ▬▬▬▬▬   State Channel Speed with On-Chain Settlement   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▨
JOIN THE TOKEN SALE   ▨   START TRADING INSTANTLY   ▨   BOUNTY   ▨   TELEGRAM
AuroraDao (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:00:48 AM

This looks like Medici Gold. I am eager to see the stablecoin in action. I'm sure Golem or other players will deploy distributed AI hosting before long, and I'm excited to see you are positioning yourselves accordingly.

I wonder if upcoming AI servers and server farms are an early area where you would be eager to offer loans. Better than farms, I think, is the idea of a server in every household. Something to keep our solar panels and battery packs busy :-) ---- what I mean is, the AURA and DVIP and upcoming BOREAL coins should be well positioned to benefit from a robust,  distributed AI architecture, according to your road map ... and I believe it would make good sense to find small players who can host a $50,000-$100,000 server, offer them a loan, which they can repay by simply deploying Golem or some such system.

With current infrastructure, ETH is strong, but nodes are still vulnerable to disruption. It looks like you are planning for a day when trade volumes are scaled exponentially. Proof of stake, where applicable in the Ethereum ecosystem, will definitely make a difference in terms of scaling solutions ... but the AI backbone is going to be essential in moving any of these heavy lifting projects forward. Right?

I hope lenders will find the people with a house, and a free electric line, and a high speed internet connection, and offer them a loan for solar panels and a server... are revenue generating assets that millions of people can practically plug and play so long as they live in a sturdy house with internet access. That way, barriers to entry are low, and we take advantage of existing assets, including a more equitable distribution of wealth in the wired class.

Disclosure: I have bought more than one DVIP token for myself. I also hold GNT and mine ETH on NVIDIA GPUs. Thanks and I look forward to posting and trading soon with the other DVIPs!!!

Happy new year and BEST WISHES for 2018.

This is a great idea! Love it! We'll definitely be exploring this further but I think you have hit it spot on with offering loans to those who will them buy servers and help run our network. Thanks for the suggestion!

▰       IDEX       ▰       Ethereum’s First High-Performance Decentralized Exchange
AuroraDao (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:29:17 AM

Elaborate on the way in which you will use the reserves of decentralized capital as liquidity for the development of the boreal resources market?

Reserves are needed for 2 main purposes.

1) Users will be able to come to DC and redeem their boreals for the ether backing them. Like traditional banking reserves must be kept on hand to pay out those who wish to withdraw.

2) Reserves will also be used for market making boreal around the target price. For example if boreals drop to 95 cents we will use the reserves to buy them off the market and get the price back up to the target price. If boreals are trading above 1 dollar we will sell more until the price goes down to a dollar, all ether from that sale will then go into the reserves.

I am interested in the following point: how will the reserve fund of decentralized capital be formed after the launch of the platform?

Great question! The reserves will come from a few key sources. The biggest is IDEX, all trade fees from IDEX will be put into the reserves to back boreals. Second is fees from boreal loans and also any revenue from market making. Users will also be able to buy boreals from the bank, further increasing the reserves.

40% of the AURA tokens are slowly hitting the market through our growth hacking programs. Before they are paid out to users they will also be used to back boreals. This way there will be tons of collateral on hand right away to expand boreals. As the AURA tokens are paid out they will be replaced in the reserves with ether.

AuroraDao (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:35:58 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 06:47:36 AM by AuroraDao

You write that the reserve will correspond to the indicator of the ideal level of reserve. Basing on what data will you calculate this indicator, if it isn’t a secret?

At this point we are not sure what the ideal level is. The plan is to start with full backing and then lower it over time. We can look at various countries during the free banking eras (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_banking) and see that many banks were able to have extremely low reserve requirements because their customers liked their currency so much. For example in Scotland banks only had about 2% reserves because that is all they needed.

Along with Ether, AURA will be used in our reserves early on meaning we will start with 400% reserves or higher. Over time I hope we can get it a lot lower as that limits our exposure to price changes in the reserve assets.

qqniceguyqq

Activity: 358

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:12:32 AM

The target value can fall at any moment, but Aurora company didn’t even think out how it could be maintained at the required level. This may become a big problem for investors, so I’m going to watch the project from a distance.
notbad4day

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:17:15 AM

The target value can fall at any moment, but Aurora company didn’t even think out how it could be maintained at the required level. This may become a big problem for investors, so I’m going to watch the project from a distance.

Hello, I hurry to make you glad ‘cause the founders of the company have foreseen it. Don’t worry, they will carry out activities to support the target value))
AuroraDao (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:21:46 AM

Hello friends! I’ve seen the info that the company plans to switch to a fractional reserve model in the future. Can anybody explain me what kind of model it is?

Fractional reserve lending refers to the practice of taking deposits from customers and lending those deposits out to other customers. The bank makes money from interest on the loans and passes some of that income on to the depositor (think of interest on a savings account).

Fractional reserve lending has a pretty negative perception, especially in the cryptocurrency space, but in and of itself it isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's a basic component of how banking works, where people with excess capital (depositors) give it to the bank to lend to customers, and both the depositor and bank profit in the process. The issues arise when the bank gets too loose with it's lending standards and there aren't enough reserves available when the depositors want to withdraw.

In the case of Aurora, it's a little different. Aurora will be taking in Ether (and potentially other cryptocurrencies), and giving out a new stable currency, the boreal. The key here is to manage the reserve levels so that individuals can always exchange their boreals back with Aurora. Per the previous post reserve levels will start very conservatively and lower over time. Additionally, it's important to remember that reserves are only one of the pieces backing and supporting the boreal, in addition to retailer backing through IDEX and debt/loan repayment. These other two components will also generate demand for boreals helping ensure there aren't issues with too many people trying to exit at one time.

Please let me know if you have further questions or check out our whitepaper for the full explanation.

qqniceguyqq

Activity: 358

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:22:04 AM

Hello, I hurry to make you glad ‘cause the founders of the company have foreseen it. Don’t worry, they will carry out activities to support the target value))
What activities will be conducted by Aurora company in order to maintain target value?
notbad4day

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:27:10 AM

What activities will be conducted by Aurora company in order to maintain target value?

Maintenance of the target level will be based on the use of decentralized capital. If boreals will be traded below the target price, additional boreals will be purchased at the expense of decentralized capital, it will allow to return the target value to the desired level.
shara

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:36:27 AM

Maintenance of the target level will be based on the use of decentralized capital. If boreals will be traded below the target price, additional boreals will be purchased at the expense of decentralized capital, it will allow to return the target value to the desired level.
How will the company itself benefit from it?
AuroraDao (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:36:37 AM

Boreals are backed by 3 different assets.

First is debt from loans. Say a user borrows 200 boreals, they have to pay back those 200 boreals plus interest on the loan, creating an upward buying pressure on the asset.

Second is reserves in crypto. This will allow DC to buy up boreals when they are trading below the target value, helping push the price back up. When boreals are trading above the target value more boreals can be printed and sold, with the revenue from that sale going into the reserves.

Third is retailer acceptance at the target price (Regardless of what the market price is) starting with IDEX. When boreals launch users will be able to pay their IDEX trade fees in them at a 5% discount. This discount will encourage traders to buy up boreals to pay their trade fees. We will make it so this process can be automated, making it very simple to save some money. We plan to partner with many dapps to have them accept boreals at the target price too in return for profit sharing. This will create a robust network of dapps that accept boreals at the target price.

All three of these approaches are designed to ensure that boreals stay at their target price.

app2endad

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:43:22 AM

Of course, there will be financial advantages)) Such cycles of purchases and sales will generate income for Aurora.
shara

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:48:51 AM

What income will the company get due to this?
Of course, there will be financial advantages)) Such cycles of purchases and sales will generate income for Aurora.

fgreg2692june

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:31:46 AM

What number tokens have already been sold during all Token Sale rounds?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: