Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:15:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Gascoin-- Public Apology To iGotspots, Gascoin, and the Altcoin Community  (Read 2693 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:32:14 AM

As many of you know, i did a questionable thing to GasCoin, and by extension the AltCoin community its self, and in the process i lost the respect of the community and alienated the supporters of both GAS and NAN. For this i am sorry.

Lets be clear here, i am making a simultaneous apology for my multiple transgressions, both before and after the fact. I won't sugar coat it, i was in the wrong and I'm really starting to feel the consequences of my actions. Not only did Gascoin die that day, so did Nanotokens.

a list of my transgressions

• Delivered shoddy product. I accept atleast partial responsibility for this. I was rushed to meet a deadline and did my best in the time frame i had. (though ultimately i failed and lied about it being ready, when it was no where near complete)
  • Premined Coin without permission, Lied about it. Again, i was wrong and i accept the full responsibility on this one. I wanted to get myself a cut of the coin and needed a way to compensate my friends who helped me start the network. I was out of line and broke the chain of command, and ultimately when it came to light i denied it and lied my ass off.
  • Lying to the community, denying any wrong doing. Basically i spit in everyones face and denied any wrong doing and refused to accept responsibility for my actions, which ultimately prolonged the ordeal. I realize i could have simply admitted it and resolved the entire issue without it escalating out of hand like it did.
  • When confronted about my actions, i stooped so low as to belittle and demean those questioning, those of which did no wrong doing. the only explanation i have for this is that i was feeling the heat of everyone confronting me at once and calling me a scammer and whatever else insults, i felt attacked and i resorted to denying, lying, and namecalling. This was also unnacceptable and i am sorry.

I would like to make a special apology to iGotSpots and Gascoin for betraying the trust you put in me. You came to me to help you, and i flat out took advantage of your trust and generosity. You asked for me to help and even paid me in advance for the coin. I'm sorry that i gave you a shoddy product and went behind your back and Premined your coin and then lied and denied it when you confronted me. I may not be able to rebuild the bridges i've burned over this, but i will atleast do you a solid and ressurect Gascoin. I will be eternally indebted to you for the humility you've displayed through out this whole ordeal. Ultimately after i had admitted to you what i did, that last message you sent me about the coin reputation being ruined because of me, it really got to me. I could almost feel the defeat from your words and i am sorry. Do not feel defeated, it is not your fault. It is my mess to fix and I intend to fix it on your behalf. I am so sorry for what i did to you guys and i hope that your coin is successful beyond your wildest dreams.

To anyone else i might have offended or anything else i did that i forgot to include, feel free to bring it up and i'll apologize for that to. this is what i can remember off of the top of my head.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:49:54 AM

uh, ok. i forgive you....?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:55:03 AM

A very humble and heartfelt apology - something rare in the community!

sonihr

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:08:48 AM

I may not be able to rebuild the bridges i've burned over this, but i will atleast do you a solid and ressurect Gascoin. I will be eternally indebted to you for the humility you've displayed through out this whole ordeal.

Let's ressurect Gascoin!

My pool is ready  Wink

What goes around comes around...
Alex P

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:19:21 AM

You moronic demented idiot, you wasted a lot of my time!  Delete the account and create a new one.  No one willl give a shit about you or trust you again!

As many of you know, i did a questionable thing to GasCoin, and by extension the AltCoin community its self, and in the process i lost the respect of the community and alienated the supporters of both GAS and NAN. For this i am sorry.

Lets be clear here, i am making a simultaneous apology for my multiple transgressions, both before and after the fact. I won't sugar coat it, i was in the wrong and I'm really starting to feel the consequences of my actions. Not only did Gascoin die that day, so did Nanotokens.

• Delivered shoddy product. I accept atleast partial responsibility for this. I was rushed to meet a deadline and did my best in the time frame i had. (though ultimately i failed and lied about it being ready, when it was no where near complete)
  • Premined Coin without permission, Lied about it. Again, i was wrong and i accept the full responsibility on this one. I wanted to get myself a cut of the coin and needed a way to compensate my friends who helped me start the network. I was out of line and broke the chain of command, and ultimately when it came to light i denied it and lied my ass off.
  • Lying to the community, denying any wrong doing. Basically i spit in everyones face and denied any wrong doing and refused to accept responsibility for my actions, which ultimately prolonged the ordeal. I realize i could have simply admitted it and resolved the entire issue without it escalating out of hand like it did.
  • When confronted about my actions, i stooped so low as to belittle and demean those questioning, those of which did no wrong doing. the only explanation i have for this is that i was feeling the heat of everyone confronting me at once and calling me a scammer and whatever else insults, i felt attacked and i resorted to denying, lying, and namecalling. This was also unnacceptable and i am sorry.

I would like to make a special apology to iGotSpots and Gascoin for betraying the trust you put in me. You came to me to help you, and i flat out took advantage of your trust and generosity. You asked for me to help and even paid me in advance for the coin. I'm sorry that i gave you a shoddy product and went behind your back and Premined your coin and then lied and denied it when you confronted me. I may not be able to rebuild the bridges i've burned over this, but i will atleast do you a solid and ressurect Gascoin. I will be eternally indebted to you for the humility you've displayed through out this whole ordeal. Ultimately after i had admitted to you what i did, that last message you sent me about the coin reputation being ruined because of me, it really got to me. I could almost feel the defeat from your words and i am sorry. Do not feel defeated, it is not your fault. It is my mess to fix and I intend to fix it on your behalf. I am so sorry for what i did to you guys and i hope that your coin is successful beyond your wildest dreams.

To anyone else i might have offended or anything else i did that i forgot to include, feel free to bring it up and i'll apologize for that to. this is what i can remember off of the top of my head.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:00:48 AM

You moronic demented idiot, you wasted a lot of my time!  Delete the account and create a new one.  No one willl give a shit about you or trust you again!

Even though this was a bit harsh, brother a mistake was done by you, and I'm pretty sure there is almost no way to regain your trust back.
Only people who know you (like me), will belive in you  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bitclock

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:27:09 AM

Admitting fault is a big thing, some people would just continue to lie, stonewall, or blame the other guy. It's a starting point to rebuilding trust, but takes some time and a future record of good deeds to make it right again. If you fix the man's coin, that's a good beginning.

Let's color the MOON: Y9SZ5rdJ4xNUyLrn2ThCo8myPCkgLb2KVu
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:30:37 AM

I for one trust him. And lashing out at a genuine apology is in bad taste. Decline the apology if you wish, but your choice of words....is crude at best.
apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:36:26 AM

I may not be able to rebuild the bridges i've burned over this, but i will atleast do you a solid and ressurect Gascoin. I will be eternally indebted to you for the humility you've displayed through out this whole ordeal.

Let's ressurect Gascoin!

My pool is ready  Wink

+1

We want Gascoin back!

iGotSpot - if you read this - it is not ruined, we all understand situation, just need to start over and get Gascoin up
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:27:49 AM

you know i deserve some humiliation for what i did, no doubt, but thats to much. i didn't make the apology for my own well being, i did it because i owe it to the community to own up to what i did and to apologize for the transgression. And as for you, i do apologize for what i said to you in the thread. i don't remember exactly what it was i said, but i know that i put you down and basically called you a liar and for that i'm sorry.

My rebuttal to your stipulation that i delete my account and create a new one, i already have several accounts, but this is my main one and i'm not gonna delete it over this. Garr255 got caught shilling and as punishment he recieved a Negative trust for 2 weeks as a consequence, which is the modern equivalent of a scamtag. now did i scam people out of a significant amount of BTC. no. But i was dishonest(which is often synonomous with scamming) and attempted to 'scam' some gascoins via the premine. maybe i deserve a similar consequence. a negative trust rating.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:12:53 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 11:29:47 AM by jackjack

Roll Eyes

Attention whore

Just fix it and tell it to the guys involved. We just don't give a single fuck.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Goaheadz

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:10:25 AM

Shame on you.

I don't care about apologies! They do not repair anything!
You must be punish for the bad things you made!

Lets crucify r3wt name, cut the head off and put it on a stick so it may be seen as an example!

If you premine it for your self etc etc...then there's no fix for this...kill the coin and restart it.

Im going to sharpen the ax and i will be back in 5 for the blood bath feast.

Kill all the Romans!!!! uuuuggggggg
G

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:14:19 AM

Make it right and all is well with the world...

"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... gtfo"   Grin

-tb-

Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:26:10 AM

"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... gtfo"   Grin

-tb-

I preffered G W Bush's version...

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Cheesy

@r3wt - good start, we'll be watching...

K.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 11:49:47 AM

Roll Eyes

Attention whore

Said the one supporting gldcoin  Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:05:42 PM

Roll Eyes

Attention whore

WOW, quote a single post of mine where I support gldcoin

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 12:58:31 PM

Roll Eyes

Attention whore

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both
Stop supporting scamcoins, and r3wt is a good fellow  Cool

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:03:17 PM

Roll Eyes

Attention whore

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both

What the hell is gascoin  Grin
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:20:34 PM

Roll Eyes

Attention whore

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both

WOW, quote a single post of mine where I support a scamcoin

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both

innovation

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:41:05 PM

Gascoin must be up again!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: