Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:28:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the Xmas and Holiday season, caused the drop in the price?  (Read 953 times)
surix

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:23:45 PM

I really don't think so. It's true that part of the traders are not very active during holiday period, and some needs to cash out for Christmas gifts, but it should be quite a small part of population and should not impact billions of market cap in such short period.

Anyway, time will tell and we will see beginning of 2018 how the price will react when everyone will be back to work.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
likeBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:36:11 PM

Technically they did, a lot of people withdrew money only to buy stupid gifts and this is what caused the last drop, this + the previous fud were a huge combination and they decreased the price by a lot of money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

/ WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:41:30 PM

There's a big chance that the past holiday was responsible for bitcoin's drop. But I think, whatever reason behind it is not important anymore because the thing that matters for now is the fact that btc is recovering. Bitcoin is now $16000+ and still rising, but I'm not confident that it will continue since there's still an upcoming celebration which may force the people to sell their btc and cause a big drop again.

Let's hope this won't happen but if there's a chance then still favorable for me, at least I can buy more btc.
TriplexXx

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:42:10 PM

Of course yes. the price as of today is not that high like last last week because they are now selling there  bitcoins just to have some things to buy in christmas season and new year as well. though the price is now low for sure it'll increase soon.
There are way too many new bitcoin investors that knows nothing but profits, and all they planned is to invest their money into bitcoin and withdraw by December. so, that is what actually caused the market crashed!  
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:51:26 PM

Christmas and the holiday season do not affect the decline bitkoina.Dengi people need always not only in the holidays. To make a gift to relatives or go to rest do not necessarily spend bitkoiny.Ponyzhenie or growth were always. It seems to me that from the middle of January it will go up again.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:13:39 PM

Somehow, there are part of me thinking that it is one of the reason why sudden drop of Bitcoin. Maybe because of the holiday season, people are withdrawing their coins. But also maybe there are other reasons, like cases of other altcoins. Bitcoins holder are taking also other altcoins, I guess.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:22:25 PM

Of course yes. the price as of today is not that high like last last week because they are now selling there  bitcoins just to have some things to buy in christmas season and new year as well. though the price is now low for sure it'll increase soon.

I have a friend whose into bitcoin also. I was asking him his opinion as to why bitcoin price drops up to 20% during Holiday season. He told that maybe there's a whale who dump his coin and invest in alts. I don't know if it's true. On the other hand, I was also planning of selling my bitcoin during holiday season, but when I was about to sell it, I just found out that it's price was drastically drops that I have decided not to sell it that time and just hold it. And I'm still holding my bitcoin up to now.
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 01:30:59 PM

Sure, I use the profit of bitcoin to Xmas and holiday with my family. It is time to bring our lovely family special gift in special moment. I hope this time will be happen in next year Smiley marry christmas and have a nice holiday Smiley

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:32:28 PM

So it is the Holiday season and it was Xmas. How many people dived into their Bitcoin hoard to buy Xmas gifts and also paid for a nice holiday with their family?

We saw a huge increase in the price, early in the season and this might have triggered a situation where people rewarded themselves with some "Gifts" for the holiday season.

The direct impact of that would have been a higher influx of coins onto the exchanges and if that was not met with a higher demand for coins, then it would explain the drop in the price.

Did you splash out with some expensive gifts and extravagant holidays with your bitcoins, during the holiday season?

Mostly if holiday season coming out,the bitcoin value price and other altcoins will drop down,is  this what i have observe  now,even if im only a beginner of this kind of  works,and i thinks mostly people change there bitcoin to fiat  money to use it  for expenses in holiday season.and that the reason  why  bitcoins price will go down,but this is only my observation during this coming christmas and new year and i thinks my opinions is relevant to the happening right now.
bavian

Activity: 115

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:53:39 PM

Yeah i do. People need to shopping on these day and that's why they're selling BTC and turn into real money to shopping.
Siopao

Merit: 120

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:56:13 PM

I don't think the Christmas season caused the price dip of bitcoin, I think bitcoin users wont spend alot from their bitcoin investment to buy gift and spend for the holidays. I think btc users are exposed to the idea of "bitcoin as a long term investment". I think its just a price correction from the incredibly price hike that happened to btc. And now btc is rising again and people from cryptoworld is rejoicing, so let's continue on holding.
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:05:15 PM

yes, i do believe that these holiday seasons are the cause of bitcoin price drop, some of us (bitcoin holders) are make it as a gift for ourselves and spend it for their own reason, like me i spend my bitcoin just to celebrate christmas with my family as a gift to me and for them, and i think these upcoming new year i will spend my bitcoin too just to celebrate new year.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:19:53 PM

yes, i do believe that these holiday seasons are the cause of bitcoin price drop, some of us (bitcoin holders) are make it as a gift for ourselves and spend it for their own reason, like me i spend my bitcoin just to celebrate christmas with my family as a gift to me and for them, and i think these upcoming new year i will spend my bitcoin too just to celebrate new year.
Maybe it can be one of the reasons too.After all the hardworks we did since from january up to december,i believe we deserved some rewards too.I actually did it on my own special way just to treat myself and all my loved ones.Because of these usual scenarios during december holidays,i think bitcoin  had dropped its price.But this won't be a problem to all the users and investors of bitcoin,being volatile of bitcoin is the main reason why we keep on holding to it.

ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:29:41 PM

Perhaps because surely many has already convert their bitcoin from the start of December in preparation to holiday season with that a big numbers of bitcoin become available in the market which leads to price decrease so that an opportunity for investment can be open and also so that bitcoin will remain in the circulation or ownership of a person and since now holiday season will come into an end the value of bitcoin recover again and started to pump
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:38:22 PM

Of course yes. the price as of today is not that high like last last week because they are now selling there  bitcoins just to have some things to buy in christmas season and new year as well. though the price is now low for sure it'll increase soon.

I guess yes. Holiday season is maybe one of the reason why bitcoin price drop. More people chose to sell their bitcoin to please themselves as well as their family and friends. But whatever the reason behind all this is let's not forget that it only dropping by and it will rise again. Remember, there is a rainbow after the rain. If can during this season, try to buy bitcoin at low price and hold. Since bitcoin has the characteristics of being volatile it has the ability to change its price any moment.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:10:17 PM

Christmas and the holiday season do not affect the decline bitkoina.Dengi people need always not only in the holidays. To make a gift to relatives or go to rest do not necessarily spend bitkoiny.Ponyzhenie or growth were always. It seems to me that from the middle of January it will go up again.
If we remember the previous year, it is very much clear that  Christmas effected the price of bitcoin too much but on the very 1st day of 2017 the price was skyrocket. I think even in 2017 two continuous holiday really effected  the price of bitcoin, but we are expecting that the new year will really give a new boost to bitcoin price and it is expected that bitcoin price will very soon cross even 30000$ level in next few month. Hope that 2018 will be another good year for bitcoin price.
Hadrop.Boyle

Activity: 291
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:39:05 PM

Corrections can happen any day of the year. I don't see a direct correlation between Bitcoin and Holidays.

I think they are a couple of effect around Holiday-EndofYear time. Maybe some Taxeffect too, but mostly because of many people are not working and having time to rethink their invests.

Wanne get 10% of Cointracking? https://cointracking.info/?ref=M138678
Wanne join Binance Exchange? https://www.binance.com/?ref=11326731
Wanne join Kucoin with Bonus? https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=7QHt5a
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 04:57:20 PM

I’m not thinking in that way, because I’m 100% sure that is what caused drop in the prices of bitcoin. Off course everyone love their family and friends and what could be better than having presents and surprises this Christmas. The source for the money? Well that’s bitcoin this time and everyone enjoyed and enjoying it in this season of holidays. The new year coming too so people need huge money to spend. ;-)

Also, that’s about the real fact but on the back stage there was many altcoins too which changed the minds of investors to invest in them because they saw more profitably in there. They did it and we can see the effects clearly.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:58:32 PM

Personally I didn't spend my money. And I think it's not the main reason BTC price dropped. There are too much money involved in BTC circulation, one shopping here and there couldn't make BTC price decrease too much like that (from $19.000 to $13.000). I believe big traders took the opportunity and dumped it maximum as possible to buy cheap and hold more coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
superjeyy

Merit: 147

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:20:06 PM

The holidays definitely had an impact towards the Bitcoin prices and as expected, due to the needs of people, it has caused a great correction that made people panic and do impulsive actions as before it reached a low rate, it hit a remarkable price. With Bitcoin rates reaching almost $20,000 before the holidays, the people were enthusiastic and somehow excited as it gave them the feel that there is more to spend on this season. The improper use on Bitcoin during its peak resulted to the correction which was timed with the holidays.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: