Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the Xmas and Holiday season, caused the drop in the price?  (Read 953 times)
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:54:18 AM

Yes, during the holiday season bitcoin's value have decreased and it's maybe because of bitcoin holders who withdraw some of their btc to use for Christmas. Now bitcoin is starting to hit peaks again from the dip that happened.
Yes, don't even bother with FUDs out there. It's only natural behavior of Bitcoin when holiday is coming, the price will be decreasing and going up after that holiday. No need to panic and stay read the latest news from "legit" site to avoid those FUDs.
This is actually right its not really surprising for bitcoins price to dip on these holiday season even not on holidays price still moves on that matter and you are actually right no matter how low it would dip the important thing is that we should really not panic sell on our bitcoin holdings and instead of panicking better to buy even more cheaper coins because sooner or later it would really recover its price and would reach up new heights.
No matter what would be the reason but I'm sure its just related on supply and demand.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Smolko

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:06:13 AM

If you follow the market you can see that this happened every year the last 5 years.

╓╥ ,╦╣▌"       ,╔╗▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▄▄╦╗,       ╙╫▌╗  ╔,
        ╔█Hj╫╝`     ╓▄▓██▓╨▓█▓Ü█Ñ`║█▓███▓▄w     ╙╝▀H╙█H
     ,φ ╣M ╓╓╥w  ,╗▓███████Å╨╙╨█▀╙╨▓████████▄,  ╓╥w, ╙Ñ ╗
     ╫█  ╝╝╩╨` ,▄██████▌░╣Ñ    ▓M `▀▓█▒░╚▀▓███▓. "╙╝╝M  █▒
  ╔╗ ║M,╗▄╫▀" ╔▓█████▓╦╬▄█▄╦╦╦╗█▌╦▄▓████▄▄▓█████╗ ╙╝╫▄╗,╙M ╗m
  ╠█H  "╓╥   ╔▓█▓██M    ▓▀     ▓Ñ║████████████╨╩▓▄   ╥░"  ╔█M
   ▀M╓╬▓▀`   ╫ÑÑ ╟▌     ▓H     ▓Ñ╫█████████████▄╙▓H  `▀▓▄ ╟▀
j▓╗  ``╓╦   ]▓w╫▓▓▌╓╓╓╓╔█╦╓╓╓╓╓▓▄╓╫████████████▓╦▓H  :╗w``  ╔▓
 ╙▓N ╔▓▌"   "▓╨``╫█▌Ö░`╙█░````"█Ñ`````▓▌"▓█████╨"▓H   ╙▀▓╦ ╬▓╨
 ╗╦` ``╓▄M   ╫Ñ  ╚████▓▄█H     ▓M     ▓Ñ ,████▌ ╔▓`  j▄,`` `╔╦
 ╙▓▓. ╔█▌    ╙▓φ.]▓███████▄▄╗.,▓N....╔▓░.╟███▓`,╣M    ╣█U ╓▓▓╛
   ╙M Φ╨╔▓H   ╙▓▓╨╜████████▓╨╙╙█▀╙╙╙╙▓▓╨╙╜██▀╙╣█M   j▓╕╙▀ ╨╨`
 ╫▄╦,  :▓█`    `╝Φw╙╣▓████▌`   ▓M   ╔▓`  ╓▓M,▄▌`    `█▓   ╓╦▄M
  ╙▀▓▌.j▓` ╗U    `╝╫▄▓███▓▓▄╥╥╥█▄╥╥╔▓▄╥╥╬█▄╬▀`    ║▄ ╙▓ ╔╣▓▀"
    ╓,,   j█▌ ╓,    `╝▀██▓▄╫▓░`▓M,╫▓Ü╫██▓▀"`   ╓, ╣█m   ,,╓
    ╙▀██▄, ▓M ╫█N ╦,    `"╙╝▀▀▀▀▀▀▀Å╨""    ╔╗ ╔█▒ ╚▓ ╓▄▓█▀"
       `""    ╙█▒ ╣█U ║▄,             ╓▄H ╔█▌ ╫█M    ""`
       ╚╫▓█▓▄▄,"` ╙█▌ ║█▓            ,▓█M ▓█M "`╓╗▄▓█▓▌H
         ``"╙╙"    ╙╨  ╣█H     Φm    ╚█▌  ╨`    ╙╙╙"``
           '╩▀▓▓▓▀M     "   "Φ▓██ΦM   "    '╩▀▓▓▓▀╩
                ╓▄▄▓██▓M     ╔▀╩▀N     ╚▓██▓▓▄,
                """"`                     `""""
XinFin

Twitter LinkedIn
━━  Telegram  ━━
Youtube    Reddit
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:11:50 AM

I think so. The holidays are the reason for the price to drop since the whales are cashing out and splashing their money into different things that they want like celebrating or purchasing new home or a fancy car which resulted for the other people to follow their moves and sell off and resulted for a oversold bitcoins in the market but i think that in the next year, it will go bullish again.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:14:23 AM

If you follow the market you can see that this happened every year the last 5 years.

This is a nice observation, and yes it was little expected that during vacation time of the last week people would be enjoying their personal life and will be out so their would not be much trade happening. Thus some of them will sell and want the money to enjoy the vacation thus causing some drop in the prices.
ritsel02

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:48:56 PM

I belong to those who spent bitcoins during this holiday season since the high value is so tempting and I also want to enjoy my earnings from bitcoin so I chose to sell it.
I agree with you, this holiday season is also one factor of the drop of bitcoin's value.
lprytk

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:00:31 PM

every year its caused to drop prices. people try to get some of their money for holidays.

▌BalehuBucks (https://balehubucks.com/) ┃ Rewarding Local Merchant & Consumers (https://balehubucks.com/)▐
║ WhitePaper (https://balehubucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/balehuwhitepapers-v1.pdf) ║┶┶┶│ JOIN PRE-ICO NOW (https://balehubucks.com/) │┶┶┶║  Bounty  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2486641.0) ║
ANN Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2441782) ┇ Twitter (https://twitter.com/balehubucks) ┇ Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/balehubucks/) ┇ Telegram (https://t.me/balehubucks)
selen

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:48:13 PM

i would say that xmas is the sole reason for price drop, but it surely contributed. thats natural when you dispose of some savings on one of the greatest holiday season
betMaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:23:54 PM

I believe that's the reason. Many people sold some of their bitcoin at this period or used it to shop online. Many stores and online shopping sites make great offers at this period and people can't resist.
Maybe after few days we will see bitcoin getting back up again. These occasions are the reason behind the insane price of transaction taxes and the drop in price.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:34:26 PM

So it is the Holiday season and it was Xmas. How many people dived into their Bitcoin hoard to buy Xmas gifts and also paid for a nice holiday with their family?

We saw a huge increase in the price, early in the season and this might have triggered a situation where people rewarded themselves with some "Gifts" for the holiday season.

The direct impact of that would have been a higher influx of coins onto the exchanges and if that was not met with a higher demand for coins, then it would explain the drop in the price.

Did you splash out with some expensive gifts and extravagant holidays with your bitcoins, during the holiday season?
I really do think so. And now that holidays are about to end, we may now expect for continuous increase on its market value. I didn't do the same thing which is to sell lately even if the market price of Bitcoin is falling. And I think it will be a benefit of the doubt that I believe backdrops which recently happened is just because f the holidays and will now start to climb its way up and become more expensive. It also means bigger profit.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:00:52 PM

I honestly think so. People are forced to give presents to each other just because of the day the Pagan said was holy or remarkable or whatever. I, myself, have sold bitcoin in such a low price just so I can buy things before Christmas. I don't really know "why", there's no sale or whatever but it's like we are forced to use all of our money during the holidays. There are even ATMs in my place that are running out of cash to give to the people withdrawing from it.

Most bitcoin users are all about holding their coin and not even selling it. So the market movements that you have been seeing are probably just bitcoin users that have had emergency and of course the people that are trading/manipulating the market. Since during the holidays, most bitcoin users will be withdrawing their money (I used "most" not all because some are going HODL forever). That, added to the other factors that's affecting the price of bitcoin to drop has caused this. I don't think this is going to go up anytime soon though until the holiday season is finally over.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:09:45 PM

So it is the Holiday season and it was Xmas. How many people dived into their Bitcoin hoard to buy Xmas gifts and also paid for a nice holiday with their family?

We saw a huge increase in the price, early in the season and this might have triggered a situation where people rewarded themselves with some "Gifts" for the holiday season.

The direct impact of that would have been a higher influx of coins onto the exchanges and if that was not met with a higher demand for coins, then it would explain the drop in the price.

Did you splash out with some expensive gifts and extravagant holidays with your bitcoins, during the holiday season?
There is a large rather big possibility that the answer would be a yes. Since holiday season is making people too much busy fixing and planning their stuffs such as family outing or out of town vacation, they would not be able to get active into working with Bitcoin cryptocurrency and the same thing applies with the alternate cryptocurrencies so the demands and usages of the cryptocurrencies will be lowered down that will surely result to the dropping of the prices.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:25:46 PM

As we can see, before this holidays came we can see the huge changes in bitcoin and one of the reason was because of holidays. Yes you are right that some people sold their bitcoin just to buy a present for their love ones or just to buy a food a for the Christmas and New Years Eve. But As we can see now bitcoin price is now increasing again and I believe it will beat the highest record of bitcoin price.
goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:06:00 AM

I agree with you to the possibe reason of bitcoin price fluctuation this comming holiday but i am belong to those party which they have not sell their bitcoin for buying gifts or some holiday goodies. The price becomes low so id rather hold it than spend.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:23:51 AM

Rapid selling of bitcoin is the main caused why price of bitcoin drop. December is a peak season, and mostly people needed money used to celebrate. But this month of january the price of bitcoin will much up higher in my own prediction only.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:12:19 AM

It could be a factor since a lot people sold there coins in preparation for the holidays. The drop is normal in peak seasons though there are still a lot of reasons why price went down. Though definitely agter this drop or after this holiday week most likely the price of Bitcoin would rise up again, since people will start to regain or reinvest there money again.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:53:08 AM

It is one the reasons since the surge occurred drastically and during the brink of holidays. Others, who wanted to hold, basically panicked and wanted to sell as well. Honestly, I had to sell as well because December is a month of spending. The main reason is unknown but corrections are bound to happen, nonetheless, so there is no need to worry.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:28:43 AM

If it's really the Holiday season which influences the prices, then the crypto market is really a huge bubble...
I don’t really know if it’s because of the holiday season, maybe investors wants to take rest. Or was it because of people thinking that it needs a correction cause the price was going out of hand? We can’t really tell, except those that are way more into this, like the devs and bigger investors. $13000 plus as of the last time I checked this morning.
spoopyyy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:36:43 AM

Yes i do think same as you because they're selling their Bitcoin to shopping for new year. New year is a time for spending money.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:07:00 AM

Rapid selling of bitcoin is the main caused why price of bitcoin drop. December is a peak season, and mostly people needed money used to celebrate. But this month of january the price of bitcoin will much up higher in my own prediction only.
The mass sell orders that existed during the Christmas and holiday season made a big effect to the price of bitcoin and that is making the price of bitcoin starts to decrease for a while. The logic is when many people are selling their bitcoins that is adding to the supply in the economy that makes the demand lower and it's effect is reflected to the price of bitcoin which we are seeing it decreases.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:13:07 AM

Yeah, I think many people cashed out during the holidays, causing the drop in price. I myself sold a bit of alts for some bitcoin. Hopefully it works out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: