Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:16:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Costa Rica, Workers to Paid in cryptocurrency!  (Read 540 times)
Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:52:01 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/costa-rican-workers-can-be-legally-paid-in-cryptocurrency/

In this article we can read that a new breakthrough in bitcoin economy is realized. We are always talking in this forum of the possibility of workers being paid in bitcoin or in any form of cryptocurrency. Finally the government of Costa Rica is now on the move of making that dream a reality by legalizing cryptocurrency as part of the salary of the workers.

The real question is, if this trend will become successful in long term or will not last long?
This is good because it moves the crypto industry forward. If in Costa Rica the crypto currency can be paid everywhere, the volatility will not affect the workers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davhek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:08:23 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/costa-rican-workers-can-be-legally-paid-in-cryptocurrency/

In this article we can read that a new breakthrough in bitcoin economy is realized. We are always talking in this forum of the possibility of workers being paid in bitcoin or in any form of cryptocurrency. Finally the government of Costa Rica is now on the move of making that dream a reality by legalizing cryptocurrency as part of the salary of the workers.

The real question is, if this trend will become successful in long term or will not last long?

Wow, that is a huge news! Certainly a step forward into mass usage!

abiola4real

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 09:28:34 PM

If this actually works, it will make me more happier, because it shows we are progressing day by day, the future is bright for bitcoin and bitcoin investors. We will not loose hope will keeps spreading the good news.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:29:54 PM

Costa Rican government gradually embracing cryptocurrency though it is still volatile in the market this payment method for a daily wage earner is still not a practical approach but for any means like performance bonus or other workers merit to pay in cryptocurrency is an ideal solution.
Remilekun1

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:03:41 PM

This is a great news, it shows a sign of progress. The fact that bitcoin is making wave it is a sign that future is good for bitcoin. The haters that wanted to see the down fall of bitcoin will be begging to invest in bitcoin
Kingstonic

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:08:41 PM

I think this is a right step towards right direction, it will sure help the economy grow.
Cryptotissue

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:12:59 PM

This is another plus to the crypto community and world as a whole. If people realize how easy and safe to make transactions in bitcoin is, the government of countries who consider the use of bitcoin illegal will change their perception about bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2072
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:24:40 PM

Still waiting to hear the same information from a fortune 500 company, or even any corporation in general. I think the prevailing view in 2018 is that Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are too volatile, so taking payment in them is an unnecessary risk, whereas I bet last year employees would have been biting at the chomp for the chance to be paid in BTC.

Deepa18dec

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:35:32 PM

This is great news as crypto industry will get more exposure but at the same time, I don't think this trend will continue because market is highly volatile and workers may lose a significant part of their salary if the market dumps next day. Once the market stabilizes, then it would make more sense.
KINGCHACHA1

Activity: 489
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 07:20:08 PM

If Costa Rica Government  have the intention of paying the entire staff of the country with cryptocurrency, It means the government will have a department or agency in charge of the payment process which will directly call for the employment of blockchain technology experts and experts need to also train the remaining citizen in order to use the cryptocurrency effective without loosing it. This is the greatest thing that can happen to a country, The news of cryptocurrency will spread without much stress in such country. I hope this will come to reality.
justhh

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 01:12:22 PM

That’s just unbelievable! A blockchain technology gives a lot of advantages to a user.
andieoke
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:17:12 PM

I just read this news, I was actually shocked by this news. but I am happy, because this is evidence that cryptocurrency continues to show its development. And I hope this will be a positive trend, and can be followed by other countries. Cryptocurrency will grow rapidly if many countries use cryptocurrency as a legal payment instrument.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:20:35 PM

I love hearing this kind of topic because for me this is one step forward for the success of our community since payments for workers are large amount to circulate cryptocurrency specially our precious bitcoin and if this will happen for the whole world then we will be on the bright side of future of spreading the virtual money usages around the globe
Zabzab9

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:22:55 PM

This is truly a great news for Bitcoin community. The acknowledgement given by Costa Rica regarding digital money might lead into further studies and innovation with the help of that country. Furthermore, their trust to the technological advancements may trigger for the other country to also appreciate the essence of crypto currency. If the development of crypto currency in Costa Rica continues and their local government support its capacity for the society, it might possible to perform in a long term operation. Thus, the innovators should continue that will catch the attention of other places.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: