Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:00:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Destroying bitcoin, by coin, by coin...  (Read 15665 times)
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 05:40:44 PM

Prove it, troll. Send your coins to the bitcoin eater instead of burning wallets:

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coins are Gone (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:41:03 PM

Forget it, I take back my invitation. You have no PC for mining. You are just having fun Smiley
Cheers and welcome to bitcoin bubble.

Like we'd go hash for some small pool... We're at deepbit, helping them gain >50%.
lolcat

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:43:31 PM

Feels good to delete nearly 100BTC Cheesy
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:44:34 PM

Come on guys, It is Satoshi feeling a bit whimsical today. Can't you tell?  Roll Eyes

-
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:44:36 PM

Forget it, I take back my invitation. You have no PC for mining. You are just having fun Smiley
Cheers and welcome to bitcoin bubble.

Like we'd go hash for some small pool... We're at deepbit, helping them gain >50%.

LOL, you have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry mate. Enjoy your ride.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:45:16 PM

It's amazing how much effort it takes PC's to create a bitcoin yet how easily they can be destroyed.
Yes, it is cheaper to destroy something than to create it. Do whatever you want with someone else's resources, you're only biological lifeforms, you are created to destroy other things, but do be careful, you might fall for your own trick.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:46:44 PM

Prove it, troll. Send your coins to the bitcoin eater instead of burning wallets:

This.

OP is full of smoke.  He's not mining, and he's not destroying coins.  It's someone on this forum who has registered a second profile for the simple purpose of trying to get a rise out of us.
Coins are Gone (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:49:40 PM

Cheesy
I didn't know that existed. It'd be much cooler to make my own adress of course and send it to that. I will do so next monday. (I already have weekend. I don't  just destroy bitcoins, I live the easy life too! Tongue )
Coins are Gone (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:51:20 PM

As pointed out by others, your method and your goals aren't aligned.

Basic arithmetic doesn't seem to be your forte, apparently. I'm wondering
how you managed to get hired into a large insurer's IT departement when
the concept of division is too complex for you to grasp.

Awww, personal flames. Very cute. Smiley
You should thank me for making YOUR coins a bit more valuable every week, not flame me. But whatever makes you happy Cheesy
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Wow, thank you guys

For every coin you destroy, mine are worth MORE

so, thank you!

bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 06:01:25 PM

So how many coins have you destroyed so far OP? You'd need to destroy more than 65000 to even destroy 1% of all the coins currently existing. Considering the value of each bitcoin, I highly doubt you'll convince many people to destroy bitcoins. Not to mention, you'll be long dead before all the bitcoins are ever created.  Smiley <- sarcastically annoying docile smile

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 06:16:36 PM

Ok. Have 10 people and 10 pies. We give everyone a pie.
Now 8 pies get lost. Some get eaten, one pie was encrypted and the key got lost, another one's fridge was hacked and his pie deleted, a pie was dropped on the floor, etc etc.

We divide  every remaining pie into 10 pieces. One guy didn't lose his pie, he gets to keep all 10 pieces. The other 10 pieces are divided evenly over the other 9 people and piece gets destroyed by me, just cos I can. And pie makes me fat.
We have 10 times as many "items of pie". We performed a digit shift on the pie basically... Yet now one guy has half of all items of pie available, while he only had 1/10 earlier.
Still think shifting the digit will solve bitcoins getting lost? Wink

You missed one thing. Since the remaining BTC are more valuable it's similar to making the remaining pies bigger. Those 8 pies that get lost are actually causing the remaining pies to get bigger. The pies have to get divided up into more pieces but the pieces themselves are bigger so everyone ends up with the same amount of pie as before. You've done nothing in the long-term.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 06:44:12 PM

Crack on goony keep up the good work.

Also thanks

ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 06:57:37 PM

Wow. Given that you are mining with 12 machines and only getting 700Mh/s, you're mining REALLY inefficiently. At 52 machines you'll only be pulling about 3Gh/s, assuming your Mh/s scales linearly. By contrast, I'm only using 5 machines and pulling about 10Gh/s.

This is you:

And it makes me laugh.
Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 07:48:41 PM

I tried to resist feeding the Troll.  I can't.

1)  You cannot destroy Bitcoins, you can only lose them (and they CAN be found, albeit with difficulty)
2)  With 700Mhash/sec, you're no where close to causing any real harm, you're losing what?  52 coins a year?  Who cares, there are 21,000,000.
3)  Every coin you lose, increases the value of the coins left in the network.  I applaud your efforts.
4)  You are INCREASING the liklihood that coins will be found by deleting your wallet.dat; because you're increasing the number of addresses that have lost coins on them.  You'd be better off having all of your miners send them to a single address who's wallet.dat you've already erased, just saying.

Welcome to Bitcoin.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
XonX

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:27:02 PM

1)  You cannot destroy Bitcoins, you can only lose them (and they CAN be found, albeit with difficulty)

Uhh... Could you please give some info about finding lost bitcoins?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:28:52 PM

It would take billions of years of utilizing the entire GPU force we have mining bitcoins to do it.  I wouldn't count on finding any lost coins anytime soon.
XonX

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:36:43 PM

It would take billions of years of utilizing the entire GPU force we have mining bitcoins to do it.  I wouldn't count on finding any lost coins anytime soon.

Oh. I see. Well, it would be nice to know the theory though.
1MLyg5WVFSMifFjkrZiyGW2nw

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:45:50 PM

Oh. I see. Well, it would be nice to know the theory though.

Bitcoin addresses do not get "reserved" when they are generated, it is just astronomically unlikely to generate one that has been used before. In theory, you could keep generating new addresses until you hit one that has coins in it, but as SgtSpike said this would be much more difficult than finding valid blocks.
XonX

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:52:46 PM

Bitcoin addresses do not get "reserved" when they are generated, it is just astronomically unlikely to generate one that has been used before. In theory, you could keep generating new addresses until you hit one that has coins in it, but as SgtSpike said this would be much more difficult than finding valid blocks.

Huh... So, technically, it is possible to get into any ones wallet like that? That's fun)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: