Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ICO die in 2018?  (Read 11512 times)
pegla

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:41:47 PM

The problem is, this will attract more scammers.

It already did. I still see no benefit in joining an ICO over waiting for the tokens to hit an exchange and then buying. If the project is good, the price will grow and you will be able to make some money. If not, well, you are still better off not investing as you can't really predict the initial price no matter what the companies tell you.

ICOs are a long way from dying, but people got smarter. As we saw the rapid increase in interest about crypto among the general public, more and more people will still fall for ICOs when they initially learn about them.

As for me, i will be following projects that seem interesting to me, doing my own technical analasis, and investing in ones i believe in long term, but when they hit the exchange.
Skyrah2008

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:42:02 PM

I don't think that ico will disappear or die this coming 2018. ICO is the place where majority of the traders and investors get their profit here.  Therefore, it maybe in some other country ico will get ban but not all country will gonna do it.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:58:46 PM

Imo, it might be just the opposite. Most of the icos done in 2017 will complete, if not, be halfway in completing their roadmaps. I too think that the appreciation for ICO's this year is a sort of over-abundance but still, I have good faith that out of all the crap projects made everyday, even just one revolutionary technology created would be worth it.
Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 799

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:00:36 PM

I don't think that the ICO will die in 2018 because i really think that they are going to be better in the year of 2018 because as you can see that the projects are getting better and better and they are now being more realistic rather than before that the developers are just like playing the cryptocurrency game but now they know that they need to be serious.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
GrandBcn

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:19:59 PM

I think ICO will not die soon. Maybe in a year or more. They will not even die, but they will be more qualitative and they will definitely be less in number. I hope to find some kind of controller to block the scammer's ICO at the very beginning.
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:23:11 PM

Actually, what I see the fact is thst the ICO is getting hoter recently, more and more ICO projects are sold out in a short time, such as the realchain, Bread, STK and Fairgame.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Stanlymaker

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:38:23 PM

It seems to me that the ICO will not disappear. After all, this is support of the market with new coins, which is a clear plus for traders. And still, there is an ICO with really promising ideas and goals.

╔══════╡XZEN | Hardware wallet of the future╞══════╗
░▒▓█ ╠═Twitter══════════╡ INVEST ╞══════════Medium═╣ █▓▒░
╚═Facebook═╡Pre-ICO ▪ November 13 2017╞═Telegram═╝
Evgeniy007

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:52:46 PM

Despite the fact that this year many ICO failed or turned out to be a scam..
But I believe that the next year will be much better with ICO, people have already become more careful, control over tax will be introduced, blind excitement is also diminishing, and healthy competition will grow.
And sooner the total amount of money will also be smaller that will stimulate the work and not get a lot of money and forget about everything)
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:08:06 PM

I hope ICO will not die as this thread mean. Hope 2018 project maker do it seriously, or investors will get away from this project

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:26:16 PM

Don't think they will die, but I think more regulations will be put in place to ensure investors do not get scammed. However, I think less ICO's will be launched in 2018.

tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:29:50 PM

I hope ICO will not die as this thread mean. Hope 2018 project maker do it seriously, or investors will get away from this project
I also think it will not die in 2018 but more laws are needed to ensure the safety of investors. In 2017 there are too many ICOs, most of them do not meet the target.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:09:52 PM

I think with the come of a new year, also come a new tech, especially these fintech.
with a new technology, i think this is the time for a big CEO to make a more new ICO innovation

jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:01:55 PM

I also think it will not die in 2018 but more laws are needed to ensure the safety of investors. In 2017 there are too many ICOs, most of them do not meet the target.
I fully support your opinion on ISO in 2018 and I also think that ICO will not die, because this way of raising funds is very, very productive, because ICO is a voluntary donation.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:35:12 PM

No way. I believe that ICOs will play a big role in 2018 especially ones that are actually successful.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:59:43 PM

I don't think they will die, because new coins are coming out on a daily basis, and some of them are truly great projects.
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:08:41 PM

ICO is the main point of all online program and everyday online program is increasing so we can say with any kind of doubt that ICO will not die very soon. Though blockchain is covering a lot of coins dealing but there is more program is starting day after day. Most of the ICO cannot stay in a good position but there are some ICO available which are very stable and have chance to keep their position correctly. If ICO dies then many people who are related with it will not be able to keep their successful position at crypto world and cannot be work with these projects. Directly it has no chance to be dead in very soon like 2018.

dragonbhai

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:09:19 PM

No way. I believe that ICOs will play a big role in 2018 especially ones that are actually successful.
I do not think that ICO will disappear so quickly and disappear at all. Certainly there will be changes in the legal part and form of presentation, sale. And this is necessary to protect investors from scam. There is really a lot of scams. However, the idea itself is very good. It opens up great opportunities for both the founders of start-ups and investors. Almost any person can participate and make money on this, legally naturally.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:15:44 PM

I think that - as ICO is an easy way to do some money - there will be more and more ICO, of course with less and less success.
Then the market will make a selection and only what have value will survive.
But there is still a long way

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
minus_one_crypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:23:53 PM

ICO will never die. This industry is just beginning to develop just like the crypto currency. I think that these projects will become better and there will be a society that will check the quality of new projects

Ohni_io

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:28:35 PM

People are becoming aware of the threat of ICO scams, big ones too. Although it might not be for the best I would think it would be hard to stop ICO's in general. 2018 is Going to be a big year for crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: