Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 12:17:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ICO die in 2018?  (Read 11512 times)
coindimitron

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:15:53 PM

I strongly disagree - ICOs might die one day, as most things are ephemeral (unlike the block chain, tho) but it surely won't be in 2018. Regardless of the abundance of scams (which are ubiquitous in every single field nowadays), ICOs are indeed an efficient method for raising funds, especially for startups. Think about it - everything has trust issues nowadays due to the abundant usage of the Internet, which is a timely method for increasing profit through dishonesty. Nevertheless, would you stop drinking water because of a broken glass? Of course not, you need to be reading a lot and to know where exactly to invest, in order to shun deceptions and to have a higher return on income. ICOs, like anything else, is a controversial method, a vessel of pros and cons. Nevertheless, as far as the benefits outweigh the flaws, one should not let such innovative ideas die - on the contrary, people should be striving to make it even more effective and more difficult to be used for scams. Like Darwin put it, this is the future, one needs to adapt, in order to succeed. Therefore, I believe that ICOs will prevail in 2018. I don't know for the next couple of years though.. Times are dynamic.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:24:50 PM

I don't see any reason ICO will die in 2018.
Sure, we have to admit there are some problems with ICO, which has raised concerns among government.
Still there are many good projects out there.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:25:13 PM

In my opinion, ICO does not cause any mistrust, if it comes to fraud, this does not mean that all scammers. Someone spends on the scam, but someone on the contrary gets a good profit. Cryptocurrency is becoming very popular all over the world. While there are people ready to invest and promote projects, there will be ICO. So ICO does not die
BlackBlue

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:32:26 PM

no, this is not gonna going to happen in 2018 it will take a long time before the crash of ico's. Maybe another year for the ico's by 2018 hopefully more people will invest in crypto-curreny because this is the future of all currency.
Dheo

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:40:20 PM

I don't see any reason ICO will die in 2018.
Sure, we have to admit there are some problems with ICO, which has raised concerns among government.
Still there are many good projects out there.

Yeah. ICO is one of the way to promote those project that have a good intention or any good will happen for the future so i don't think ICO will die in 2018 . I hope it is continue.
Mumen Rider

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:49:47 PM

ICO's will always be out there and more new ICO's will still pop up because people who creates ICO projects gains a huge benefit from it and people who invest in ICO projects also gains benefit if the project leads into a success. There will always be investors out there and investors stands as a supporter to the ICO, that's why ICO's will always be out there. Unless maybe if bitcoin dies, maybe ICO will be good as dead too, but that will never happen for sure.
cryptoquality

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:55:28 PM

I don't think that ICO's will go away in 2018 but I think they will become more popular.

It is becoming a global phenomenon, and now we have celebs like Paris Hilton, Messi, Mayweather advertising ICO's and cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is still increasing quicker than any other asset so I think it will only grow as more and more people start looking into ICO's.

I'm totally agree. I do not really see any reason why ICO should die. Every day more and more people is getting interested in buying coins during ICO phase. Especially when those famous people got into the marketing side, that will effect us in positive manner.
Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:03:52 PM

i think its hard to see, ico is a new way to raise money, but it need the government to regulate, otherwise it will go crazy and cause lots of people losing money
Coin.Master636

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:12:50 PM

Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
ICOs won't die, but I share your criticism. There will always be ICOs, as this is a great way to kickstart a project. I think of it as the Kickstarter of cryptocurrencies.
On the other hand: because of the many scammy or failed ICOs, people will lose trust in the concept and ICOs will do worse.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:14:57 PM

I do not think that they will die, ico concept is on the rise infact boom phase and i think it will continue for next atleast few more years, as more and more businesses are converting to blockchain and raising funds with crowdsale.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:15:39 PM

I expect more crypto madness on 2018. There will be a lots and lots of ICOs from ETH, NEO, STRAT, BTS. More scary and stupid Bitcoin forks to watch for. Lastly 2018 might be a bearish market for all crypto. Altcoin season is also possible. Let the season decide what will happened.

Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:18:12 PM

Nope. ICOs will not die in the year 2018, yet it will be the year for altcoins or ICOs. As I have seen and observed, many businesses are being made and started so ICOs will be used for this. And it will shine more because of the businesses that are sprouting.

PPleaseman

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:43:52 PM

Hello. i think the ICO hype will start in 2018 but on the next level. Better marketing, more platforms (NEM,Neo, Qtum), different approchaes. I dont think it should be regulated, let the market be free

Cheers
fatenmo

Merit: 108

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:59:08 PM

No they wont, new innovative platforms will keep being developed whether they are scams or not. The ultimate goal should be to stop the scams from happening and keep just the legit ones.
Kocret02

Activity: 1176
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:04:36 PM

I think in 2018 ico will not die. because at this time many ico appear and also have a good concept, so I think will continue to run from time to time may be up to 2 years into the future.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:05:50 PM

ICO will die, but not because it is expensive or difficult, but because it is not needed by anyone, as soon as the state intervenes, everything will fade
ledinasaliasi

Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:08:28 PM

i think ICOs wont die in next year because rightnow ICO is a new way of startup and still many people using it for their begining, also many investors are using ICO as a way to earn profit by investing in ICOs.
Alok_Yadav

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:11:32 PM

I don't think so. In fact the number will increase.
torukmakto

Activity: 219

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:14:39 PM

I dont see any reason to die ICOs. Bankex collected 67 million dolars yesterday ICO ended. I think every day new project are created and they keep creat. ICOs wont die in 2018 or 2019.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:24:01 PM

next year, ISO will be even greater. they will become better. so many people still want to invest in ICO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: