Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C-cex "hacked"?  (Read 165 times)
Munti (OP)

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:29:56 PM

I just found out that withdrawel of crypto from C-cex is not possible from December 20th to Jan 20th. They claim the reason is vacation. They did not warn their users with email notification.
Does anyone believe that a business that is nomally open 24/ takes 1 month! vacation? I certainly don't.
Does anyone have info on this?
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:51:23 PM

what the hell is this exchange! i knew it is bad but i never knew things are this bad. i mean an exchange needs to be open at any time, how many employees do they have, if any?
i think it is just one owner who does everything and now he wants to take some time off and not just a couple of days! a whole month off!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
panghae

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:51:54 PM

I just found out that withdrawel of crypto from C-cex is not possible from December 20th to Jan 20th. They claim the reason is vacation. They did not warn their users with email notification.
Does anyone believe that a business that is nomally open 24/ takes 1 month! vacation? I certainly don't.
It means the exchange might close sooner,they should announce it before they take vacation.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:08:56 PM

It means the exchange might close sooner,they should announce it before they take vacation.

They announced it 6 days prior.

But even then, it's weird. I mean much smaller exchanges didn't have to do anything like this.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Munti (OP)

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:31:14 PM

But even then, it's weird. I mean much smaller exchanges didn't have to do anything like this.

Doesn't make sense at all. Has to be a lie. And they never sent email to the users about this. Only posted a tweet. No serious business would do this if everything was ok.
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:36:54 PM

Doesn't make sense at all. Has to be a lie. And they never sent email to the users about this. Only posted a tweet. No serious business would do this if everything was ok.
Thats the risk of using small exchanges,they will close it without any prior notice just like what happened right now.

xYakult

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:39:24 PM

I agree with you on that thing. What they did is really sketchy, if everything is fine, and since the deposit and withdrawal is fully automated (should) even they take 1year vacation they won't suspend withdrawal
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:42:47 PM

It certainly doesn't seem to be a lie: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418700.msg26317123#msg26317123

But yeah, no email notification makes it that much more amateurish.

Not your keys, not your coins!
GiorgosK

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

Damn I had some BitBay that I needed to withdraw
is this for real ... what is this a one man exchange
nobody is there to replace the person that goes on vacation ?

BitBay - The Future of Free Markets  |  BCT thread  |  https://bitbay.market
Dynamic Peg  - Whitepaper out  -  Working implementation to be released soon
Web Markeplace coming Fall 2018
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:25:22 PM

As i recall they do it yearly. but i can't remember if it's a 1 month vacation. They notify it on their tweeter and site if i am not mistaken that is why i withdraw all my coin before they take a vacation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: