Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:25:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my altcoin for btc for upcoming fork?  (Read 221 times)
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:04:11 AM

I wouldnt keep my breath as segwit2x is a scam fork and not the same one that miners agreed up on at the new york agreement and doubt it will have any value.As you can see with the price action btc was going up until things arround the fork came out and people started realising that its just another useles coin
Bukx

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:06:27 AM

I have an altcoin that im thinking about selling solely to get some of the forked coin segwit2.  From checking online, its around 600 dollars for it.  Are people doing this or not?  Thus selling their altcoin for btc just so they get more segwit2?

Im thinking what about this.  You sell it for btc and you get it.  Then after the fork, you immediately buy back the altcoin you had.

Thoughts on this? 

If you are interest to have free coin from fork so buy bitcoin now is good option.
Now bitcoin price is not really high so time to buy and get free coin.
Alerter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:05:14 AM

It's like gambling, noone knows. But according to previous forks, odds are that this fork might be profitable as well.
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:51:22 AM

Was anyone able to get their segwit fork coin?  If so, what exchange or wallet did you use?  I heard hitbtc and binance gave users forked coins.  Did those users get any?
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:06:13 AM

I don't think it's necessary. If altcoin had a bigger gain, it would yield more than the fork.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:33:12 AM

For me! I think you still hold your altcoin because if after forks, Price of BTC grown up! You can get profit but
If wrong, you will lose quite a lot! In general, every decision of your choice!
elementaryOS

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:54:58 AM

I have an altcoin that im thinking about selling solely to get some of the forked coin segwit2.  From checking online, its around 600 dollars for it.  Are people doing this or not?  Thus selling their altcoin for btc just so they get more segwit2?

Im thinking what about this.  You sell it for btc and you get it.  Then after the fork, you immediately buy back the altcoin you had.

Thoughts on this? 
Well as you see, now it dumps very hard even on some little exchange.
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:05:20 AM

You can do this but you can't control the level of risk, you should know that when the market fluctuates all the transactions are blocked due to increased trading volume. That may take about 1-4 days to confirm the transaction.
I would never venture for the immediate benefit, if I had decided to invest in a certain project I would hold a long term

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:09:37 AM

Thoughts on this? 

nope. I wouldn't sell it. I did it last time and profit was less than what I could've made if had stuck with alts. BCH fork was only decent fork that made me money.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
sky2moon

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:53:23 AM

Most people are doing the same things, sell altcoin and get bitcoin fork. If you feel that are worth and the return are more then your altcoin, you can do so. For me I won't do that, it because no worth at all.
Before bitcoin fork the bitcoin price will getting higher and higher, you buy the bitcoin at the highest price.

MUGOmugo

Activity: 188

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:49:50 PM

If I were you, basically I wont prefer to sell the altcoin because we really dont know that the value will be succesfull at this very moment, both are okay so just maintain it.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:36:15 PM

Bitcoin forked yesterday how i know, before this time fork price not going up quickly. And i think this fork not be success how cash

nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:07:46 PM

Depending on which altcoin do you have and whether they can get you good return in  future.If the alts that you have can provide you good return than why you want to sell it for bitcoin.I don't think that is a wise decision as if your trade is dependent on fork than it is way to risky.Fork can help other alts to rise too.But if you have alts which you think that are not for long term than you can sell them now and buy BTC as it will going to pump atleast till end of January and you have a great chance to get a good return.So make wise decision and calculate all the possible things that can happen and than react to it. Best of Luck.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:42:34 PM

For me! I think you still hold your altcoin because if after forks, Price of BTC grown up! You can get profit but
If wrong, you will lose quite a lot! In general, every decision of your choice!
holding it is a better way having altcoin are more better it may have the possibility of that it may rise in the near future and in fact altcoin are much better to trade for so if you have some altcoin that are ahving some potential for hold it then if you are able to trade it then it may be a good idea also.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:51:45 PM

I will not care about forks and sell my altcoins wait in bitcoin anymore. Because there are good buy opportunities just before the forks to buy altcoins for very cheap prices. And i can make better profit than that fork coin they will give to me.

turn the page
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: