Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:13:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: question about transaction fees...  (Read 454 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:40:55 PM

Since blocks are that hard to mine and BTC price is also very high txn can only be confirmed with high fees, it will be resolved though, check the development forum
That is a mistake, the difficulty of mining a block has nothing to do with the high transaction fees, the high fees comes from lack of supply, of what you may ask? Of space in the blocks, there are many people wanting to make transactions but there is a limit to the amount of transactions that can be in any block and this makes the fees to go higher as they decide to pay more to get a faster confirmation.
The Scorpion

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:42:09 PM

The fees are high right now, that is why you need to pay $20 for a single fee. Anyway, they are going down, a few days ago, i sent a payment with 200 satoshis per byte, it took 3 hours to get confirmed, and it only costed me about $6.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:26:52 PM

With this site, you can determine the right fee amount, so you can pay faster and process faster. https://bitcoinfees.earn.com
I usually pay a high fee because I'm in a hurry. I'm using a bitcoin accelerator.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
pacman7331 (OP)

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:35:14 PM

Well seeing as how I had to pay 60$ to move my 250$ investment. I sold my bitcoin. I think anyone rational would do that. These fees are killing the market. If something isn't done soon. It may significantly impede adoption. I remember 2 years ago when transaction fees were less than half a penny. Seeing these ridiculous charges makes one think something is broken.

Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:06:28 PM

Higher fees for more faster transactions , i think those  exchanges are raising their fees to control the number of transaction, they are smart, they cannot process multiple transactions so they raise the fee for others not to transact and high fees due to network overloading caused by simultaneous sending and receiving that cannot hold by the system.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:09:27 PM

Well seeing as how I had to pay 60$ to move my 250$ investment. I sold my bitcoin. I think anyone rational would do that. These fees are killing the market. If something isn't done soon. It may significantly impede adoption. I remember 2 years ago when transaction fees were less than half a penny. Seeing these ridiculous charges makes one think something is broken.
i think like you, fees are getting insame. they are still moment on the days where it's cheaper. but it not wealthy for bitcoin to make the consummer pay so much.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:15:26 PM

I have like 200 $ in bitcoin on ANX. I wanted to transfer that to Binance exhange and I saw that if I wanted to I could only send like 140. Is the transaction fee really 60$ to send coin on bitcoin now? Or this is something ANX is doing? I can't see how that will pass as acceptable. Might as well use bank transfers, cheaper!

yes transaction fees are enormous and real achilles heel of bitcoin in recent months. Best advice is to wait (if it is not urgent to make transaction) or just wait for weekend days when network is not so much jammed. (maybe the cost will decrease).
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:03:08 PM

Bitcoin fees are really getting high, but it will cost you much when you’re using exchangers like Xapo, Coinbase, Binance and the rest of them, cause they will always more than the main Bitcoin wallet. The worst thing is that the transaction is not even fast like Litecoin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:41:28 PM

Bitcoin fees are really getting high, but it will cost you much when you’re using exchangers like Xapo, Coinbase, Binance and the rest of them, cause they will always more than the main Bitcoin wallet.
In some cases services are indeed asking more for withdrawals than a regular network fee would cost you, but that's something you have to accept because you make use of a centralized service. If you do so, you are basically subject to all their rules and laws, whether you like it or not. I however have to point out that Coinbase itself is pretty fair with the fees that they charge. Most exchanges use a fixed fee for withdrawals, while Coinbase adjusts its fees based on how congested the network is. High congestion means higher fee, and low congestion means lower fee.

The worst thing is that the transaction is not even fast like Litecoin.
You are talking about confirmation times I assume, because Bitcoin's transaction speed is pretty much instant. Bitcoin is the first ever crypto currency, so unlike Litecoin and other altcoins, Bitcoin didn't had an example of what could be done better or faster. Lightning Network will make sure things will play out in Bitcoin's favor. Also, if you guys start adopting Segwit, it would help the network even further, and at the same time help you enjoy lower transaction fees.
AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:55:38 PM

Sure that if we want to transfer, we must give charge for the bank, and one bank with the other bank is different. I think it is small outcome to transaction. We can imagine that if we have amount of money and we can replace to our wallet (or can not transfer). What happen? We can not use for transaction right  Wink

Meaning on the other word transaction fee is the gasoline to deliver your coin to another , if you do not put any fees your transaction would not be transfer to other address , fees are important it is the payment for the service that the miner done.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:23:01 PM

The fees are high right now, that is why you need to pay $20 for a single fee. Anyway, they are going down, a few days ago, i sent a payment with 200 satoshis per byte, it took 3 hours to get confirmed, and it only costed me about $6.

It depends on the state of the network when you send your transaction, there are times where the mempool is almost empty and you can send with a low fee, but there are times where hundreds of thousands of transactions are stuck and it is in this moment where it is almost impossible to get your transactions confirmed in a moderate amount of time.
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:31:50 PM

I used to send 2k and more btc but never paid 60$ fee, I do believe that it is something to do with the coin you hold because every coin has its own fee and they change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: