Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:57:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Binance safe to store cryptos?  (Read 2753 times)
Rambukwelle

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:39:12 AM

Up to around $ 5000 , I don't believe Binance exchange is bad to store Your coins. But If you have more than that , Always good to store them on hardware wallets rather than on exchanges or even the decentralized wallets seems to be not the safest as we saw with Etherdelta on the last month.

✦ ORET ✦
❝ Gold Mining & Blockchain Technology ❞
BTCmax24

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:56:25 AM

Here are my advice to you to secure your trading account in binance.
*Use unique email addresses and password for your account and dont tell anyone your password. You can use a official password manager like Lastpass or Keepass.
*Enable 2fa
*Make sure the domain name is www.binance.com
*Don't click links and open attachments in emails.
*Subscribe to a good antivirus software and keep it up to date.
*Secure your email account and phone and use PGP on top of it. Like using a secure email provider; enabling fingerprint and passcode lock.
*Secure your computer. Don't install too much software on your computer. I recommend using a dedicated computer, install Linux on it. L, the Chrome browser, a password manager plugin and nothing else.
*Secure your internet. I recommend always using a wired connection if possible. If you have to use a WiFi, route all your traffic through a VPN.

I hope this tips may guide you to secure your accounts not only in binance but to other trading platforms.
Bouriffe

Activity: 336
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:04:35 AM

My Pros/Cons as a Binance user:

+ Stable and usable platform despite recent huge registration increase
+ High volumes so most pairs are very liquid and very close from CoinMarketCap prices
+ Low Fees (especially if you pay fees in BNB)
+ No registration verification below 2BTC  / 24h

= UI is average

- Binance Limited registration jurisdiction is not clearly mentioned: it seems it is Shanghai and not Hong-Kong (which I see as a potential risk)
- Impossible to easily track Gain and Loss
- No PGP keys for mail exchange
- Support seems currently a bit overwhelmed

I obviously fully agree with BTCmax24 advices. No question about using 2FA or not: it is a must for any sensitive website. Btw, WinAuth can do the job nicely on a PC if you want to avoid phone or Google. Use a dedicated email to open the account (ProtonMail is quite nice with a email notification feature to warn on any incoming email).

💎💎💎 INNERCORE: Infrastructure Platform for DApps 💎💎💎
💎💎💎 If you ❤ Innercore Bounty Contest, then you will ❤❤❤ Buzzin Super Bounty !!! 💎💎💎

hadi07

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:56:15 AM

Even though the Binance is very valid, it's best to keep it in your wallet. If it's not possible, just save the wallet address and backup file.
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

Signature, avatar and text for rent

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:22:43 PM

Hello , which of course the account in binance will be safe.
it will be fine and there is no influence in my opinion
Your account is safe but we can't tell if binance will be hacked and all funds are transferred to someone that we don't really recognize. Crypto's are our financial wealth so you don't store that much in their place but doing trades there is good but if you have coins that you have decided for long term hold then there's no use to let it stay there. Use nano ledger s for safety reasons, no matter how safe an exchange and legit is still don't trust that much.

samster

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:00:51 PM

Don't leave your money on any exchange ever.if you don't trade it better to order hardware wallet and put your coins and token into it.if you leave your token or coins in the exchange those are to not belong to you.you don't have control of your money.your 600$ may worth more than 6000$ end of this year
so go get your hardware wallet.

best hardware wallet

1.ledger nano S
2.trezor
Sunil Timo

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:29:03 PM

Never dare to leave on the stock exchange, the risk though is small, but it is better to be save! Despite Binance is a good one.
dacmac

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:59:07 PM

One of the largest exchanges , so yes.
andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:02:42 PM

Today it is one of the safest exchanges. I advise you to use two-factor authentication. But still it is better not to store large sums on the stock exchange.

Tuan Kuan

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:28:27 PM

Exchanges should be used for trading.
Like everyone says, you're better off with a hardware wallet and if possible a paper wallet.
markMAD

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:17:21 PM

Nothing online is 100% safe, store them localy
moe68

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:45:38 PM

For the short term yes but for long term / large amounts you should always store them locally
CryptoIsGold

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:48:11 PM

It's not exactly safe to store your cryptos in any exchange and just leave them there.  Your best bet is getting a hardware wallet
vdiablo3

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Today it is one of the safest exchanges. I advise you to use two-factor authentication. But still it is better not to store large sums on the stock exchange.

I use two-factor authentication everywhere. But it doesn't help from hacker attacks. So I store my money on 5-6 exchanges.

mihalich

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:02:38 PM

Hello , which of course the account in binance will be safe.
it will be fine and there is no influence in my opinion
If Binance sees continued success on its current level, it will certainly implement more features and programs.
Dennys52

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:08:07 PM

If you trade every day, you do not need to take coins from the stock exchange, but the main funds that you are going to store for a long time.
mihalich

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:34:56 PM

its not really safe every exchanges are all prone to hackers, better have a wallet
I really like Binance, they are amongst my top exchanges. Anything you plan on holding long term you should put in cold storage.
AlienWithBTC

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:02:14 AM

Hello!

I have about $600 worth of various Cryptos on Binance. I have two-factor Authentication enabled (meaning I have to get a code from the Google Authenticator App on my phone). Is it safe to just store the coins on the exchange? That way it will be easier when I go to sell them and I don't have to keep paying fees for transferring them in and out. I realize that it's not normally advised, but with two-factor authentication enabled, does that change anything?

Thanks!

There is no single exchange where your funds are 100% safe. A lot of things can go wrong there. They can get hacked/ regulated/ steal your funds and so on and so on. An authenticator won't save you from that. Therefor i suggest you to create a cold storage wallet or perhaps a hard wallet, like the ledger for example, and store your long term coin on there. To trade your coins, you have no other choice than using exchanges i am afraid. However there are some decentralised exchanges out there nowadays, like idex/etherdelta and so on. Maybe something to look into.

Enjoy your crypto adventure Smiley
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:20:00 PM

Hello!

I have about $600 worth of various Cryptos on Binance. I have two-factor Authentication enabled (meaning I have to get a code from the Google Authenticator App on my phone). Is it safe to just store the coins on the exchange? That way it will be easier when I go to sell them and I don't have to keep paying fees for transferring them in and out. I realize that it's not normally advised, but with two-factor authentication enabled, does that change anything?

Thanks!

There is no single exchange where your funds are 100% safe. A lot of things can go wrong there. They can get hacked/ regulated/ steal your funds and so on and so on. An authenticator won't save you from that. Therefor i suggest you to create a cold storage wallet or perhaps a hard wallet, like the ledger for example, and store your long term coin on there. To trade your coins, you have no other choice than using exchanges i am afraid. However there are some decentralised exchanges out there nowadays, like idex/etherdelta and so on. Maybe something to look into.

Enjoy your crypto adventure Smiley

but even hardware wallets can also have a risk like for example it is damage or shocked resulting for its software to corrupt therfor you still loose all your data that is stored in it or what if it was stolen or the hardware got broke? see? all things have a risk even though how secure is it , there is still a chance that it will have a problems later on. but overall  binance is pretty legit exchange so i think your funds is safe at all.
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:23:36 AM

There are still a possible hack incident that could happen to Binance but if we compared all the exchanges, Binance is the safest of them all. They are fair unlike top exchanges that is only after the money but Binance' goal is the massive success of the blockchain industry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: