Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:37:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiji-based cards, what to mine inquiry  (Read 120 times)
Starbomba (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:03:33 AM

Hello all, long time lurker but new member here, looking to see how much mining has changed. I used to mine bitcoins with a Jalapeno, however i got into the bandwagon way too late and that machine is now obsolete it seems.

Now, i have on my possession 3 Fiji based cards, one Fury X, a normal Fury (Sapphire Tri-X with reference PCB) and a Nano. Bought them for real cheap before AMD cards rose in price. Fury X has both stock BIOS and a 1100/600 BIOS, i would assume it has some voltage increase, however i haven't researched that. Nano has a mining BIOS on it already (1000/600, the first one), which i got here. My Fury has a similar BIOS to the Fury X, however i have unlocked 256 shaders off it.

With this hardware, i now feel like mining. I do not play as much as i'd like, and this is still attractive to me as a tinkerer. I know my cards aren't too shabby, however i'm unsure how to take that first step, especially what cryptos arw good for my HW, and how to better tweak my cards for the best performance.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:55:16 PM

Run the Nicehash Legacy miner "benchmarks" is a fairly good place to start to figure out hashrates on most common algorithms.
Tweeking tends to be somewhat coin specific and often card specific.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:58:45 PM

Those are some quality cards right there!
Try out Cryptonight coins (Monero, Electroneum, Sumokoin, Intensecoin) should yield some nice results! Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: