Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is B2X a scam ?  (Read 1217 times)
Lionel (OP)

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:04:06 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 04:41:45 PM by Lionel

Today this B2X hard fork has launched: http://b2x-segwit.io

But they are not the same people behind Bitcoin Core , and there are just a bunch of exchanges that support that, and that suggests me this is not the official  fork.

So we are going to have 2 different Segwit2x currencies ?

And most important: if we have BTC on our local wallet, how can we claim these B2X ?
There seems not to be any info.

If Yobit and HitBTC were able to automatically give B2X to BTC holders today, we must be able to claim B2X manually by ourselves as well, as the
 claim procedure should be the same for anyone who has a private key.
Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:09:09 PM

Its not the SegWit2x fork which was going to take place in Nov mid. That was cancelled. This a scam coin.
suncokreten

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:11:06 PM

Is it a scam? No.

Is it absolutely worthless like any other Bitcoin fork (other than BCC)? Yes.

Whoever buys into Bitcoin just to get Bitcoin Gold, Platinum, Silver, God etc. deserves to lose his money.
thelastman

Activity: 255

thelastman

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:11:49 PM

every fork you can said that  is scam! but it doesnot stop you earn the money!
just take care you risk!never all in  on a altcoin!

do just like you already have
acolin

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:28:36 PM

Depends what do you mean by scam. Probably you will lose money on it,
but then it does't mean that it's a scam. It's just another fork and there will be
a lot more of them
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:32:02 PM

This is the kind of coin that has minimal work put in and designed to make some pocket money for just the developers, who try to make it look like segwit x2 is back on.
Kind of scammy if you ask me.
NeroZyF

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:52:00 AM

If you have B2X then you can not sell them on the exchange, you can not send the coins on the exchange, the wallet do not work. These coins will always remain in your wallet.
Do you think this is a scam or not?

If you find my message helpful, please click +Merit
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:26:13 AM

* this is abusing the name of another project with the same name which had a lot of support (SegWit2x) but has nothing to do with it => scam
* it has a huge premine hidden in the code but they are not transparent about it on their website nor their announcement page. this premine is not small either it is 6 million coins => scam

these two reasons are enough for it to be a scam.
there are other reason to stay away from it such as the fact that their code is rushed and it was released by simply copy pasting another project withing less than a week. there is no testing and no review over it. it may even have serious bugs which can lead to funds loss.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
sarfwr

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:35:47 AM

In my opinion, most forks are meaningless, and they are created only to cheat money, so I won't buy any forks, but will sell free forks. Cheesy

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
darksanya

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 07:39:11 AM

don't pay attention to this "hardfork". it's just PR of new currency which can't cost anything. this coin will only be as a collection samples. this coin will present nothing valuable
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 07:41:11 AM

any fork for me is a scam Smiley but enjoy the free money when there is always retards who buy everything

Free palestine
glaciercapital

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:44:02 AM

don't pay attention to this "hardfork". it's just PR of new currency which can't cost anything. this coin will only be as a collection samples. this coin will present nothing valuable

Yeah just seems like a cash grab imo

Acguy

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:50:30 AM

It might as well be a scam it is just another fork with no name or reputable people working on it.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:02:52 AM

Given that the fork has already happened, I hope some detailed guides are posted on exactly how to claim your B2X coins. I'm looking for something along the lines of a step-by-step guide similar to those available when BCH happened.

Scam or not, these hard fork coins are still "free money" for me and i'd like to dump them immediately on whichever exchange available to whomever crazy enough to buy them

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
sangwookie

Activity: 168

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:24:08 AM

There is a claim website but I am not putting my codes in until I find out if this is legit or not.

b2x-claim.io

It’s on their tweets. They haven’t replied in 10 hours. Disappointing.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TrustyGrape

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:30:14 AM

People think that this is a scam just because this fork is made by other "unknown" developers, hope this hard fork will find more support in the community.
RickIVcone

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:51:09 AM

It is indeed
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:53:22 AM

There is SegWit2x [Futures] traded on Yobit and HitBTC(which is not available now).
Is this futures relevant to the B2X fork which happened yesterday?
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:56:52 AM

Nah. they just want another free money. All this fork right now has only one or two real intention to pump bitcoin or get free coins. That would accumulate millions of dollars if you are part of the team behind it , why would make too many forks ? Why not make an ultimate fork that could answer and sustain the congested blockchain of bitcoin and give lower fees ? Why these certain individuals really have to make too many forks to confuse people , these forks making bitcoin crazy with it's current volatility it's not good. that's why i prefer ath than those forks.
Reede

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:12:15 PM

Given that the fork has already happened, I hope some detailed guides are posted on exactly how to claim your B2X coins. I'm looking for something along the lines of a step-by-step guide similar to those available when BCH happened.

Scam or not, these hard fork coins are still "free money" for me and i'd like to dump them immediately on whichever exchange available to whomever crazy enough to buy them

The process for claiming the forked coins is exactly the same as it was for BCH and BTG, the problem is finding a wallet that supports these new coins that you can trust. Freewallet and Zumminer are recommended on the official website but that's probably all part of the scam. Coinomi have said they don't have plans to support it and they have been the best go-to for collecting forked coins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: