Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:21:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2041 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NLO

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:41:56 PM

• it is explicitly (or at least formerly) not considered a currency
  • it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.
It is just simple. Why would people tend to buy Ripple if it does not have mucj worth? So the reason that I can see why people are getting them self into buying Ripple is because they find it beneficial to have such altcoin either for long term holding or short term holding or it is just a great opportunity having such that have a great purpose or usage in the near future.

This is a centralized currency created artificially by banks. Therefore, her course will depend on the mood and in the bank.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:51:57 AM

Many new people just joined the crypto currency, and when they see that something is growing, they start buying such coins, new investors are very much helping the Ripple pump.
I guess so. yesterday in crypto news said that money  gram will use ripple application in transferring money online for faster and cheaper transaction after reading i bought ripple at 2$ per coin hoping the news would pump the price but it doesnt happen anyway i just hold it for a ling term investment
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:55:01 AM

Most investors aren't thinking account the strength of the coin company or the community but rather when a coin is more popular that always become on news feeds and most of all it is one of the cheaper coin in the market that does have a position as the third most valuable cryptocurrency in the world then people are investing it and not knowing whether it has potential or not.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:57:06 AM

I think all their purchases are related only to the fact that they only listen to the news but do not try to think with their own heads, as I said before, that I am very unhappy with this pseudo-crypto currency, so it's hard for me to say, because I think with my head
Bergiolia

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:58:17 AM

Ripple has a potential to offer the world the best Cryptocurrency services that's why I invested a couple of grand last year as I saw the potential. I was glad Ripple had overtaken Ethereum in the first week of the year and attracts too investments after that.
I know Ripple will be always one of the strongest Cryptocurrency in the market and it's for my long term and for my future.

Anne8

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:01:17 AM

Is this a joke right ? Or a big promo ? one of these 2 anyway. Ripple are the bankings systems and we all hate banks here so only the bank lovers will buy ripple and hold ripple. It's okay to speculate the price and other things but I wouldn't keep rippple anyway.

We are in cryptocurrency dont like third party involve in cryptocurrency.
In the same time, we dont like ripple that issued by bank and they can freeze and issue more coin. Thats the problem and reason people will not buy ripple. Maybe people still does not know that problem so thats why they still buy ripple.
Ephermo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:05:08 AM

• it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.

Your third point is probably the reason. People hear "banks use it" and they heavily invest in it, because banks are trusted these days. On the other hand: transaction times are pretty fast and fees are usually pretty low, so it is perfectly usable.

I am truly agree with this gentlemen. When people hear that bank uses this token, they are snaping up.
Bergiolia

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:07:48 AM

I think all their purchases are related only to the fact that they only listen to the news but do not try to think with their own heads, as I said before, that I am very unhappy with this pseudo-crypto currency, so it's hard for me to say, because I think with my head

That's the real world of Crypto-Currencies today, people are driven by mainstream media and news speculations, and also in YouTube. That's the main advantage of coins that has fundings and just simply paying youtubers and media to push out their coins. People should should be aware on what really inside the coin box and not consider media as reference, and referral.

masonrycrypto

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:13:46 AM

"Bank uses it"  I've heard many uneducated people say this and are willing to put their life savings in Ripple.  ($300) lol
currencydesigner

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:48:10 AM

There are some strong reasons. Such as-Higher return on investment (in percent),Higher technology,A number of approximately 80 banks are testing Ripple technology,Technical analysis says BUY.
Nowherman

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:00:42 AM

Ripple is one of the most promising crypto currency in 2018. The recent decline in Ripple quotations associated with the expectation of a ban on trade
in crypto currency in South Korea, but yesterday the President of Korea denied this information.
The serious growth of Ripple is expected already in the third decade of January. As expected in the near future, Ripple will be listed on the Coinbase.

bizonglimang

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:07:45 AM

I bought Ripple at $0.50 and am still holding. I believe in the tech. and the team behind it. They have a goal and they are working towards it. Can't say that about many other Altcoins.
They believe in it and think they can get money from it so they buy in more ripple.
EMV

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:12:17 AM

We are sure that this is a very weighty argument in favor of buying XRP. Now it is considered the most undervalued currency of the four leaders in the cryptography market. In other words, the currency turned out to find application in the real world, but it is still very cheap.

There are several reasons why the cost of XRP is so low. First of all, now the attention of most investors, both large and small, is focused on BTC and ETH - that's why these currencies continue to grow in price.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ABD85

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:15:47 AM

Unhealty speculation i know several people who dont now anything about crypto but for some reason they want to buy XRP.
agus_sna

Activity: 229

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:30:47 AM

I think ripple is a bank that has good relations with banks and many global banks so many are using the technology for transactions and now it seems that Ripple is at number two in the money market and catches the eye of new investors and some people buy it for future earnings.
thank you
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:37:05 AM

They believe it have a good concept,and good supporters and good prospect,but there other crypto with great concept too.
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:39:20 AM

People ichy for altcoin to dream about 2x or 5x gain so they willing to place in Ripple.
Chosenpai

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:39:52 AM

I don't know if ripple has a good concept. Ripple is made for a centralized cryptocurrency managed by bank owners. While the concept of crypto was a decentralized currency. I heard its just being pumped by owners right now.
Cmoh

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:41:52 AM

People are buying Ripple for a safe investment. This tendency is driven by mostly the public sector banks and financial institutions of many countries. Like India and China the high population countries are using this so the demand is increasing day by day. Also the fees for this blockchain system is very low as like the Dogecoin. But Doge has not got the time now but expected soon.
Yusuf214

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:54:27 PM

Ripple is on the highest peak, it growing up day by day so invest in Ripple will give you unbelievable return.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: