Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2041 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tetep Mesem

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:50:12 AM

Since these coins are promising for the time when compared to other coins, that's the main reason I choose ripple. But if the future later nothing better could be will switch to the other.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16 (http://sandblock.io)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto-watch-Talk

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:58:15 AM

They are buying to make profit I would imagine, buy low sell high then on to the next to make some quick profit.
lion1987

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:07:37 AM

They are buying to make profit I would imagine, buy low sell high then on to the next to make some quick profit.

Ripple @ 2USD is not a "Buy Low" I sold mine weeks ago, that was low ;-)

Crypto-watch-Talk

Activity: 156

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:12:09 AM

Ripple @ 2USD is not a "Buy Low" I sold mine weeks ago, that was low ;-)

Haha well someone's low is always someone else's high. But it definitely isn't my low Wink
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:13:16 AM

Because it's hype "Ripple are growing, let's buy it!". At least a half of trades in cryptoworld are made for this reasons: somebody start screaming and the herd is bringing their money to the traders.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:16:27 AM

Because it's hype "Ripple are growing, let's buy it!". At least a half of trades in cryptoworld are made for this reasons: somebody start screaming and the herd is bringing their money to the traders.
I completely agree with you here. I feel that Ripple has a lot of potential and I knew that it would grow over time, but I never expected that it would skyrocket in this manner which is a clear sign of a pump and dump in my opinion. I think ripple will get dumped like crazy once 2018 arrives and I think that this is the time to cash in on the profits before it is too late since it is bound for a correction. I think that it will stabilize in the 1.5$ range in January 2018.

D-Fault

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:28:13 AM

Agreed. So how the world goes, the same situation are happening at the real market of shares and stakes. It's always about a hype nowadays and it's sad.
tarlok01

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:21:05 AM

Peoples are buying Ripple because this is a banking sector coin and now the top second leader of coin market cap, which is a land mark for this coin.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 11:21:36 AM

Ripple is a good banking related coin and many global banks using its technology for transactions and now its comes at number two at coinmarketcap and catching new investors eyes and they are buying it for future earnings.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:22:53 AM

• it is explicitly (or at least formerly) not considered a currency
  • it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.
Because people doesnt care what will happen in the future?we all need to get more BTC thats why i am joining the hype.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:23:20 AM

Agreed. So how the world goes, the same situation are happening at the real market of shares and stakes. It's always about a hype nowadays and it's sad.

History is littered with pyramid / ponzi schemes.
The perversion of the world of Altcoin is a perfect example.
Few if any of these people are aware of past scams.
MLM's and various other schemes were huge far before this crap came along.
Whats sad and stupid is the idiots here don't know and don't care even when they are told their ponzi pushers.
They simply count their money and say hey, i got cash so it can't be bad.
WRONG.
Idiots in crypto are oblivious to the fact that Bitcoin was created precisely to avoid scammy garbage just like Ripple.
And buying XRP coins for BTC profit is the same as SUPPORT.

"Crypto" is dead.
It's a joke.
It's a shell of what it once was no matter how many more people show up pushing BTC higher in FIAT price.
The whole who cares buy anything to get more profits attitude killed it dead.
There is no going back once the greedy bottle was opened.

Crypto proved nothing more than the undesirables will flock in taking it over.
People started this over ideology and that was shot and pissed on to further support for shit coins.. and FIAT.

The question being answered on this topic here shouldn't be why is the price high..
The question i am wondering is why the fuck would you all care ?
If it's bad then it should die.. but it doesn't does it ?
You all line up to bad mouth it.. then tell us all how much money you made off it.

FUD first & ask questions later™
al.nechiporuk

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:25:12 AM

• it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.
[/quote
What do you think about fact, that half of coins are in developers XRP?
Phily40

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:27:52 AM

People buy ripple because is an altcoin with a low rate, and to hope for a huge gain.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:50:31 AM

The fact that even if it's a crypto currency what happen in the real world can also happen in digital world and vise versa.
People are buying now because they see it pumping without even realize that it's not a good entry point and they can even loss. Xrp is being manipulated by big whales and we don't know actually when it will subside even you're good in reading the graphs. So better be cautious.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:36:16 PM

I do not own ripple and im not buying it, decentralizes currencies is for peer to peer transactions cutting off the middle man (BANK)
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:43:28 PM

Your third point is probably the reason. People hear "banks use it" and they heavily invest in it, because banks are trusted these days. On the other hand: transaction times are pretty fast and fees are usually pretty low, so it is perfectly usable.

Exactly. Cryptoland has very much become a gambling house like wall street, people speculate based on hypes and rumors and moods and not on the underlying real value of the asset.

Gwyndl

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:47:46 PM

I've bought and sold a lot of ripple over the past few days, ultimately increasing my bitcoin holding in the process and increasing potential profits. Let's face it, a lot of people are only investing in crypto to make money (fiat) otherwise why else do you see headlines such as "I'm now a millionaire" etc.
The growth in ripple has helped me increase my holdings in bitcoin, and with the lowered price of bitcoin right now, any increase in the price of bitcoin means I'm turning a bigger profit than if I had just done nothing and sat on my original bitcoin holding.
To chastise people for doing this isn't really fair as we all ultimately use fiat currency every day for our daily routines and to chastise people for seeing an opportunity to make a little fist through buying and selling a crypto is wrong.
Whilst a lot of people don't understand the reasonings behind crypto, there's a lot of people who do understand labour making profits through speculative investments, of which this is a form of.

So there I've said it Smiley I'm riding the ripple wave at the moment in order to maximise my own personal bitcoin holdings Smiley
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:55:26 PM

If its because of hype, people should be more careful because you might left behind on top and holding on it while the price are dumping. XRP is a great technology also, but because its centralized, I really doubt on this. Well I personally hold some of it and planning to sell it right away.
techte7

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:58:52 PM

I bougth some Ripple, you can know why?
About my short experience i noticed that Ripple have a big market cap 7M btc and it's speed and low fee for the transaction or for trading. i can read a good informatiom for their future
btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:14:45 PM

If its because of hype, people should be more careful because you might left behind on top and holding on it while the price are dumping. XRP is a great technology also, but because its centralized, I really doubt on this. Well I personally hold some of it and planning to sell it right away.

Totally agreed mate. I'm warning all of my friends about it. That really looks like trap to me, organized by those huge whales. It seems like they are trying to get as much as people in before they dump it very quickly. Please be careful, observe more before you buy it.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: