Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:44:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2041 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:18:43 PM

the reason is so simpler than you think: because it is rising.

that is how things work 99% of the time with altcoins. when people see a rise and in some cases when the pump group leader tells the sheep to buy, they start buying that coin and the price goes even higher.

if you look at the charts it sometime have stages of the rise, first they pump it then the early "watchers" come in and finally the newbies rush in guns blazing wanting to become rich with that coin that is already pumped...

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:19:29 PM

People see a huge increase in capitalization, the appreciation of the currency itself, read about the prospects, favorable contracts and looking at the future buy a coin. This is not a stupid pump, but a reasonable growth. You can treat the product badly because the founders hold all the trump cards. But the product itself will not become worse from this.
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:28:19 PM

I think the ripple is an excellent speculative investment. The more banks start using ripple, the more people buy it and its price grows. One of the recent news on the ripple resource is- "The Japan Bank Consortium - a coalition of 61 banks in Japan, organized by SBI Ripple Asia, two of South Korea's largest banks with a total market capitalization of more than $ 30 billion." Such news only confirm the prospect of investing in ripple to make money on it.

keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:28:49 PM

Because it's hype "Ripple are growing, let's buy it!". At least a half of trades in cryptoworld are made for this reasons: somebody start screaming and the herd is bringing their money to the traders.

If its because of hype, people should be more careful because you might left behind on top and holding on it while the price are dumping. XRP is a great technology also, but because its centralized, I really doubt on this. Well I personally hold some of it and planning to sell it right away.

Totally agreed mate. I'm warning all of my friends about it. That really looks like trap to me, organized by those huge whales. It seems like they are trying to get as much as people in before they dump it very quickly. Please be careful, observe more before you buy it.
I Agree people buying because of hype and they just flowing with the wave  with the current volatility in crypto market where in most of the coins are dropping down including BTC and ETH  here in XRP it has its own bull run which really give you good profit in you buy when it was just starting to fly but be careful  we don't know what whales are planning here
stash2coin

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:33:57 PM

Its very simple guys, financial institutions pumped the price of BTC now after they collected the profit, they are investing in ripple because ripple is their currency thats in their control and the "sheeps" are following the trend .
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:34:25 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 04:51:05 PM by boranes

• it is explicitly (or at least formerly) not considered a currency
  • it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.
I have serious thought about this one.
People are buying ripple because other people are buying ripple, there is no other logical explanation.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lion1987

Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 01:45:35 PM

I think the ripple is an excellent speculative investment. The more banks start using ripple, the more people buy it and its price grows. One of the recent news on the ripple resource is- "The Japan Bank Consortium - a coalition of 61 banks in Japan, organized by SBI Ripple Asia, two of South Korea's largest banks with a total market capitalization of more than $ 30 billion." Such news only confirm the prospect of investing in ripple to make money on it.

I f u do a little research u will find out not a single Bank is using Ripple/RPX. Just some Banks using Ripple Protocol, not the Coin, and that is what this Coin makes so dangerous at this stage.
People only read "Banks are using Ripple", after that they buy the Coin without any further research.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:25:25 PM

I believe RIPPLE will be used by a lot of banks in the future and it will be the Banker's choice, along with STELLAR LUMENS. I believe now it has undergone a big pump and may re trace a little bit but it's on an upward trend. I wouldn't be surprised if the bankstas knock Bitcoin down to 2nd place and get XRP to be the top most coin on CMC. let's see what will happen in 2018, time will tell. It's cheap and fast I guess to use and that's one reason people are buying it. I don't have any myself, I missed the boat.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:42:12 PM

I only bought Ripple twice,   first was my early days on this forum. It was a big mistake I promised never to repeat. Second was few weeks ago(I don't know what got into me then).   I remembered  promising myself never to touch the Altcoin anymore due to the issue of Centralization ... i sold everything off.   I am not sure i made much profit from it, (fortunately)

I Will Never Knowingly Participate In Anything That Breaks The Principle/rule Of Cryptocurrency AND Blockchain.

I'd rather be poor.

denulh

Activity: 300
Merit: 10

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:57:27 PM

i believe people are buying ripple because ripple is very hot now, it has so many advantages than bitcoin and all other altcoins at its platform is unique and fast transactions, also the fee for every transactions is very very cheap, that we will very sastify when we use ripple, that is why more people are using it more and more and the price is higher every month.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Skyrah2008

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:19:43 PM

• it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.

Your third point is probably the reason. People hear "banks use it" and they heavily invest in it, because banks are trusted these days. On the other hand: transaction times are pretty fast and fees are usually pretty low, so it is perfectly usable.

As far as I know most people hate banks. Only can't afford people are using bank most of the time. That's what i know about it
. Aside from it xrp was always good in hyping people to get the attention of others to invest to their coins then they will pump the value and in the end dump of course.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:29:42 PM

I think most newcomers to crypto will buy XRP, especially since most do not understand the story behind it. Also, many think the banks will support it in the future. Just my thoughts.

Chokolo

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:37:33 PM

People dislike Ripple because its centralized and its tech is used by banks. Whatever the case, buying Ripple now that its hot in the market is good if you want to profit.

You mean a very few ignorant people dislike Ripple because they see that banks will use it. They stopped reading about Ripple there because if they continued they would see that banks have zero control of Ripple or RippleNet. No entity control RippleNet. Its a decentralized system for quick payments for you and me.

Anyone that dislike Ripple because banks use it, need to take off their tinfoil hat and face the fact that banks will never lose or go down.

Anyone that supports the shitcoin Bitcoin that steal your money with high fees, and talks crap abput Ripple that is almost free to use, should be ignored.
ubay

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:38:26 PM

Your third point is probably the reason. People hear "banks use it" and they heavily invest in it, because banks are trusted these days. On the other hand: transaction times are pretty fast and fees are usually pretty low, so it is perfectly usable.

I agree with your opinion, but we are in the world of cryptocurrency for want of decentralization. And the emergence of Ripple makes me hesitate with this one coin. On the one hand, it has great potential, on the other hand, it is centered.

indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:40:57 PM

On the other hand: transaction times are pretty fast and fees are usually pretty low, so it is perfectly usable.

Perfectly usable for what? Is anyone using it for said purpose?
yes the only thing ripple can do is doing fast transaction. so basicaly ripple has no value beside transaction. better invest in XLM they even have a charity to make world better. but i would choose IOTA even thought iota is not base on blockchain but they have briliant idea for transaction security.

danmoris

Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:56:09 PM

People dislike Ripple because its centralized and its tech is used by banks. Whatever the case, buying Ripple now that its hot in the market is good if you want to profit.

You mean a very few ignorant people dislike Ripple because they see that banks will use it. They stopped reading about Ripple there because if they continued they would see that banks have zero control of Ripple or RippleNet. No entity control RippleNet. Its a decentralized system for quick payments for you and me.

Anyone that dislike Ripple because banks use it, need to take off their tinfoil hat and face the fact that banks will never lose or go down.

Anyone that supports the shitcoin Bitcoin that steal your money with high fees, and talks crap abput Ripple that is almost free to use, should be ignored.

I can agree with this thought, Ripple at the end of the day is better in most ways compared to Bitcoin. The Centralization side of things can be argued though, as its not as clear as we think it is.
dark1jerk

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:22:09 PM

I already sold my xrp on 17090 sats: I started to hold it on 1569 sats.
I sold it ASAP when I heard the news about the plans of the banks.
We all hate banks, they want to manipulate and control our world.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I think people are buying xrp because they want to increase their
BTC volume but not to HOLD the XRP forever.
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:40:29 PM

Probably because it will give them so much profits when it reaches another all time high,

bluestar1000

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:53:31 PM

It's amazing how some people think it's acceptable that the Ripple comapany still holds 61% of all XRP.
Also the founders still have at least 10% on top of that.

Now there's lots of people shilling this crap, just so they can get a few crumbs, helping this company become very rich.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:01:19 PM

Majority of people buying Ripple are doing so for speculative motives. Not necessarily that they love Ripple, but they buy it with hope that more demands will drive the price upwards further thereby giving the a reasonable return on investment. I buy XRP because I want good ROI in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: