Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:04:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchanges  (Read 379 times)
Avelache

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:08:57 PM

A lot of people suggest to use binance. Can I use fiat money on binance? Based on coinmarketcap.com it looks like I can not use fiat money...?
No. Binance doesn't have fiat. You need to buy BTC/LTC in Coinbase/gdax and move to binance. Cheapest way is, transferring LTC from Gdax to Binance and sell LTC to get BTC and but Alts. PM me for any more info or steps for cheapest way.

Okay. First I have to register to both exchanges. That probably takes some time due to the account verification process. Once I've finished I might contact you (thanks!).
Meanwhile I have one question. Is it much cheaper to trade at binance? Or do they have many more altcoins? Or is there a different reason why I won't stick to trading at coinbase?
popetro

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:42:24 PM

Bitstamp is a very good exchange and I can recommend it to you. You will not be bad if you are their clients.
Avelache

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:03:34 PM

$10 sign up fee sounds nice. However it also directly triggers a new set of questions 😁
Does the person that already has an account also get an incentive for bringing in a new client?
And are there any conditions to receive the sign up fee? I mean if I only buy crypto for $50, this amount of sign up fee will cost the exchange quite some money 😬
cryptoiqtech

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:04:30 PM

Other than Gemini, Coinbase, and Localbitcoins, what other exchanges can be used to move fiat to BTC in NY?
paolma

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:16:22 PM

Other than Gemini, Coinbase, and Localbitcoins, what other exchanges can be used to move fiat to BTC in NY?
Changelly.com
Blondegeek

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:26:09 PM

A lot of people suggest to use binance. Can I use fiat money on binance? Based on coinmarketcap.com it looks like I can not use fiat money...?

I think no fiat but you could use tether/usdt.  I haven't used it yet but maybe it's better than coinbase to binance?  Lmk if you try...
Lun4t1c

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:50:12 AM

Which exchanges are the best for beginners and advanced traders . I live in US...looking for exchanges to open account with US dollars and exchange that.has many currencies to chose from not only 4 or 5 basic ones . I m waiting forever to get verified with bitstamp I.e . ...Kraken sucks....anything good out there .? Thanks
I only use binance and poloniex for trading alts, I recommend it to you too.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:39:03 AM

First you need a exchange with USD you have to make account Bitstamp, Cex, Coinbase or Bitifinex. I would recommend exchanges for beginners Bittrex, Poloniex and Binance are very well. They are works with Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Cryptoupdate04

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:28:09 AM

Which exchanges are the best for beginners and advanced traders . I live in US...looking for exchanges to open account with US dollars and exchange that.has many currencies to chose from not only 4 or 5 basic ones . I m waiting forever to get verified with bitstamp I.e . ...Kraken sucks....anything good out there .? Thanks

I am using bittrex...its good
Nubitcoinerr

Activity: 332
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:59:40 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2667100.msg27203578#msg27203578

This exchange is KING in terms of everything; platform, fees, promo's, reputation, etc.
Avelache

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:31:02 PM

I'm trying kraken now, but my first impression is to run away.
The website is very slowly. And for about 25% of the pages I get a 520 error/host error. Anyone else suffering these same problems?
ufc0katsup

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:35:15 PM

I purchase some coins through bittrex and i notice these addresses from different coins there, if i made mistake transferring a coin to a different coin address will my coins be lost? if so is there any way i could retrieve it? like contacting bittrex
i just started trading btw thought by my friend but he is quite busy these days so it seems its hard to ask him anyway  Grin thanks someone for answering Smiley
Notmyfault7

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:44:04 PM

Coinbase, bittrex, binance and crypropia are enough for you i think.
harveygrady

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:49:28 AM

I personally use Paxful because they're the fastest, user-friendly site that has a nice customer service!
Jhinin

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:06:18 AM

Make sure to investigate the fees! I've just started using Kucoin and am working to understand buy/sell walls, but it's definitely cool to see those charts.

One useful tip I received as a beginner is that you should move fiat to Coinbase, transfer that to GDAX, and then purchase there. I believe this minimizes/eliminates as many fees as possible. If I have this wrong, someone please correct me so I can save more money.  Cool
pvtuan34897

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:06:57 AM

I like binance exchange. This is a good exchange
ibelieve1

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:10:43 AM

i personally use bittrex, although their usd market isnt that big. but it is easy to use
pmtxcrypto

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:16:46 AM

Binance, Kraken, Poloniex, and trying Bit-Z and Kucoin.  Some of the others have long verification waits or shut down newbies.
Johann Strauss

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:41:18 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 03:02:31 PM by Johann Strauss

If you live in the US, I think you should go with the US exchanges like Poloniex, Coinbase, and Gemini. Maybe, there are a few others but these are the biggest and most reliable ones.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: