Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about ICON [ICX]  (Read 346 times)
totoR (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:08:13 PM

Hello Everyone,

I would Like to have your view on Icon, I've just finished the white paper and I found the project very interesting.

As I am quit new in the crypto world I was wondering if ICON has a direct concurrent?

What do you thing about the current price ? (5.45$)

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:12:43 PM

The price has already did more than x2 since it was listed, so i do not think that it is a good time to join.

Maybe it can still grow in some time, but do not expect to see a x10 because we all know that it is not going to happen
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:28:46 PM

The price has already did more than x2 since it was listed, so i do not think that it is a good time to join.

Maybe it can still grow in some time, but do not expect to see a x10 because we all know that it is not going to happen

How come? you don't believe in multi billion dollar companies?

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:04:08 AM

It is currently the biggest portion of my portfolio and I just bought more at $5.37.  At rank #21...I believe it will go higher.
Artdealer

Activity: 240
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:16:47 AM

It is currently the biggest portion of my portfolio and I just bought more at $5.37.  At rank #21...I believe it will go higher.

+1
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:15:39 AM

I love icon. I wanted to buy during the ico but it was sold out too fast. I bought some now. I think the price will go to $10-15 at least. Icon has a great team behind it.
MarchToke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:22:33 AM

ICON is also a great project for me and it's price is very much interesting. Don't worry because it might get higher ad higher.

elementaryOS

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:53:41 AM

Hello Everyone,

I would Like to have your view on Icon, I've just finished the white paper and I found the project very interesting.

As I am quit new in the crypto world I was wondering if ICON has a direct concurrent?

Thanks!

It a bit high for a new altcoin.
sezyumx

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Sandblock - Customer satisfaction on blockchain

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:57:13 AM

If Mainnet went out on December 31, the price would have been $ 10. But he was postponed to January 24th.

Artdealer

Activity: 240

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:29:40 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/icon/comments/7mvvyo/icx_from_a_korean_perspective/

First things first, I am not Korean. I live and work in Seoul since years and got to know and love the country, the mentality and especially the people.

Since I see that more and more people decide to invest in ICX, often driven by the promising outlook of a Korean team behind it, I decided it might be interesting and hopefully helpful to provide my view from a “Korean” perspective.

So first of all: if you bought ICX because of its Korean background and because you think it will drive its price – you were right. But I think there is a bit more to it than just the typical arguments mentioned here.

As we all know, Koreans are crazy about the whole crypto world. On my way to work I take the subway and I don’t know how many people I see on their phone checking their portfolio and prices of cryptos. At my work no lunch break can go without at least two people talking about XRP, Litecoin, Ethereum but especially XRP. When XRP did its first major jump from around 0.26$ to 0.75$ one guy at work quit and is travelling the world right now. Koreans adopt everything new (especially when its technology) in a blink of an eye and their state is highly supportive when it comes to regulation, subsidies or such.

People in this subreddit always make a point that once ICX will be traded on Korean exchanges (Coinone is part of the parent company of Icon, as you probably all know) the price will rise significantly. That’s certainly true. Just like an introduction to any new exchange, especially when its offering a pairing with Fiat, pushes any coin, it will do the same for ICX. By the way, Koreans do know about Binance and more people than you might suspect are already on it buying “their blockchain”, as my friends here call it.

But that’s actually where it gets interesting: I think the main driver of any ICX price increase this year will be the patriotic (not say nationalistic) mindset of Korea. You consider yourself patriotic? How about this: In the wake of the Asian financial crisis in 1998 the Korean government asked their people to donate money or gold to pay off the IMF`s debt ($58bn). Millions of Koreans donated their family gold, weddings rings etc., even causing the gold price world wide to drop. Korea paid off their debt way ahead of schedule and recovered from this crisis exceptionally well compared to other Asian countries. That’s the kind of mindset here. So, when I hear my colleagues talk about “their blockchain” I know ICX is backed by not just a great team and an actual product – it is backed by a country in which nearly every third working person is invested in cryptos.

And last but not least, their team is outright ridiculous. Being brought up in the West, you might have never heard about Seoul University, Korea University or KAIST. I heard people comparing it to Harvard or MIT. I hope they understand that they are not the “little brother of Harvard/MIT” they are equal substitutes. For a little more background: Koreans present the highest number of non-english-speaking students in the whole Ivy League. This country is completely over-educated (is that a word?). I work in a company providing supply-chain solution. Next to me sits Eunice. For her job she needs a profound understanding of Excel and a bit of logical thinking. She finished her Bachelor at Stanford which enabled her to do a PhD at Seoul university in Neuroscience. A PhD in goddamn Neuroscience… Her parents are still not happy tho haha. Anyways, hanging out with her friends from university makes me feel dumb and I have a doctoral degree as well… At least they tipped me about the pre-sale of ICX 😊 So when I saw what kind of guys are running this project, the insane funding they have and most importantly how much they all believe in it – I sold most of my stuff and got in.

But what I am trying to say is this: If you are in it for the short term – you will make a decent profit. But you should be in it for the long-term. Forget about the mainnet-launch and about the upcoming listings on Korean exchanges. These guys actually have a product which is working, and they are backed by basically whole Korea (not the north tho). My friends are pretty much all-in on this and there are 56 million more interested.

I hope this provided a little insight from a “Korean” perspective and was ultimately helpful to you😊 I am looking forward to hearing your feedback and make sure you visit Seoul one day, it is wonderful!
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:04:51 AM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!

It will below $5 soon, Icon try to build the new blockchain ecosystem to compete with another project just like neo, lisk, eos or even cardano. it looks good but if you are considering to buy it right now and then you just buy it at the peak. it may go down a lot soon.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
vuvanle120

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:12:13 AM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!

It will below $5 soon, Icon try to build the new blockchain ecosystem to compete with another project just like neo, lisk, eos or even cardano. it looks good but if you are considering to buy it right now and then you just buy it at the peak. it may go down a lot soon.

Man you better need to read ICON white paper. With the current market, ICON is actually considered cheap. Now is the best time to accumulate if you do not have a position.

sexycoin69

Activity: 175

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:16:40 AM

What coins out there are comparable to icon, curious on competition factor.

CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:28:33 AM

i am positive about this project
this one and AION are 3rd generation project that currently seems like undervalued
i am not invested in them because i believe more in ADA
i am always considering investing in AION ICX or ENG, but did not do that yet

sezyumx

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Sandblock - Customer satisfaction on blockchain

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:49:56 AM

On 24 January mainnet will be out. The price will go up until it is due. After 24 January, the price starts to stabilize.

alexey8080

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:47:54 AM

This project is not too late to buy.
It will be big in 2018, Icon should be in the portfolio,Imo.
kim-yon

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:58:43 AM

I want to get the price down, but it's not like it's ever going to fall. I will wait and follow.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:53:56 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/icon/comments/7mvvyo/icx_from_a_korean_perspective/

First things first, I am not Korean. I live and work in Seoul since years and got to know and love the country, the mentality and especially the people.

Since I see that more and more people decide to invest in ICX, often driven by the promising outlook of a Korean team behind it, I decided it might be interesting and hopefully helpful to provide my view from a “Korean” perspective.

So first of all: if you bought ICX because of its Korean background and because you think it will drive its price – you were right. But I think there is a bit more to it than just the typical arguments mentioned here.

As we all know, Koreans are crazy about the whole crypto world. On my way to work I take the subway and I don’t know how many people I see on their phone checking their portfolio and prices of cryptos. At my work no lunch break can go without at least two people talking about XRP, Litecoin, Ethereum but especially XRP. When XRP did its first major jump from around 0.26$ to 0.75$ one guy at work quit and is travelling the world right now. Koreans adopt everything new (especially when its technology) in a blink of an eye and their state is highly supportive when it comes to regulation, subsidies or such.

People in this subreddit always make a point that once ICX will be traded on Korean exchanges (Coinone is part of the parent company of Icon, as you probably all know) the price will rise significantly. That’s certainly true. Just like an introduction to any new exchange, especially when its offering a pairing with Fiat, pushes any coin, it will do the same for ICX. By the way, Koreans do know about Binance and more people than you might suspect are already on it buying “their blockchain”, as my friends here call it.

But that’s actually where it gets interesting: I think the main driver of any ICX price increase this year will be the patriotic (not say nationalistic) mindset of Korea. You consider yourself patriotic? How about this: In the wake of the Asian financial crisis in 1998 the Korean government asked their people to donate money or gold to pay off the IMF`s debt ($58bn). Millions of Koreans donated their family gold, weddings rings etc., even causing the gold price world wide to drop. Korea paid off their debt way ahead of schedule and recovered from this crisis exceptionally well compared to other Asian countries. That’s the kind of mindset here. So, when I hear my colleagues talk about “their blockchain” I know ICX is backed by not just a great team and an actual product – it is backed by a country in which nearly every third working person is invested in cryptos.

And last but not least, their team is outright ridiculous. Being brought up in the West, you might have never heard about Seoul University, Korea University or KAIST. I heard people comparing it to Harvard or MIT. I hope they understand that they are not the “little brother of Harvard/MIT” they are equal substitutes. For a little more background: Koreans present the highest number of non-english-speaking students in the whole Ivy League. This country is completely over-educated (is that a word?). I work in a company providing supply-chain solution. Next to me sits Eunice. For her job she needs a profound understanding of Excel and a bit of logical thinking. She finished her Bachelor at Stanford which enabled her to do a PhD at Seoul university in Neuroscience. A PhD in goddamn Neuroscience… Her parents are still not happy tho haha. Anyways, hanging out with her friends from university makes me feel dumb and I have a doctoral degree as well… At least they tipped me about the pre-sale of ICX 😊 So when I saw what kind of guys are running this project, the insane funding they have and most importantly how much they all believe in it – I sold most of my stuff and got in.

But what I am trying to say is this: If you are in it for the short term – you will make a decent profit. But you should be in it for the long-term. Forget about the mainnet-launch and about the upcoming listings on Korean exchanges. These guys actually have a product which is working, and they are backed by basically whole Korea (not the north tho). My friends are pretty much all-in on this and there are 56 million more interested.

I hope this provided a little insight from a “Korean” perspective and was ultimately helpful to you😊 I am looking forward to hearing your feedback and make sure you visit Seoul one day, it is wonderful!

What do you think about the Block chain interoperability alliance that they made ? I also heard that there are some new regulations imposed by the government..do you think this will impact the growth of Icon in Korea?

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
fabi90

Activity: 204
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:32:56 PM

ICX platform launch already priced in?
Do you guys think that the platform launch was already priced in (I dont see lots of volume so I dont think so). Curious about your opinion?
simongoat

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:58:32 PM

ICX price has taken a complete battering, just like more of the altcoins. I think its a briliant long term hold so should see the price going back up soon.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: