Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's news (IMO) August 01, 2013  (Read 929 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:41:34 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 05:55:47 PM by barwizi

Main News

After yesterday's surprise launch of orb coin, The Editor is not surprised to see what a abysmal coin ORB turned out to be. With a sneaky launch and a massive premine that totals 4 years worth of coin, it was doomed from the beginning. I downloaded the source and compiled it myself, only to get no connections. I dub this Failcoin of the week.

In what has been considered the final nail in the Nugget coffin...user hotcoldcoin posted a sell order on the forum for nearly a million NUG @ 0.01 btc, if this is any indication as to their worth then it is safe to surmise that the coin is dead.

The attempted Scrypt Asic scam continues to entertain users as the site uploaded even more ludicrous images. An image of a dual cpu board was uploaded and metioned as part of the machine's build. I leave it to the community to boo these guys into oblivion.

Business News

The "Toilet Run" that alt-coins experience this weeks has seen a slight slow down for some coins, others...well, they are in the septic tank. I doubt we'll be seeing any major pumping of the existing currencies.

The recent rise in the BTC price has seen enthusiasts rubbing altcoin users face in it, this is mainly due to a war of words that has been rising between early adopters and fanatics versus the new guys and alt enthusiasts.

Sports

Not much to report here except the knock-out puch Vlad2vlad received after a sell offer was made to sell a million of his shitcoin at 0.01 btc.

Weather

The weather is calm and will hopefully continue so unless we have another sneak launch and/or J-coin releases today.

Trends

The recent multi-mine shindig has seen difficulties rising rapidly as these pools can point +200mh at any coin in their site, their popularity is rising and devs are panicking trying to modify their coins to be able to deter this phenomenon.

Drama and Entertainment

Anonymous rumor has it that BCX will attempt an alt coin first, to kill three alt coins simultaneously. Targets have yet to be announced. If you are holding low hash coins... watch out.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:43:03 PM

Keep it coming Grin
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:16:20 PM

Update

A quick browse of the latest crop of coins show spots and HBN having quite a share of hash power. GME also gaining ground.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:44:25 PM

Tried hard to give you good orb news. Tomorrow maybe network fail??
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:50:36 PM

Orbitcoin cracked me up. Sounded interesting at first, then read into the premine and 500 years of mining. Seriously, what the actual fuck? I guess this forum section just wouldn't be as fun if we didn't get one like this here and there.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:14:47 PM

update:  Vlad2Vlad bid 0.3 BTC for the 950,000 nuggets

philipkdick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:59:37 PM

nice news - i ignore most of these releases so its good to get a summary , and see what I'm ignoring .

as one could fall into the trap of ignoring all of them and missing something decent , but its pretty easy to spot the losers ans scams.
innovation

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:29:36 PM

Keep IMO going on! I like it.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 04:54:38 PM

Keep IMO going on! I like it.

Agreed. This shit needs a podcast

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:32:24 PM

update:  Vlad2Vlad bid 0.3 BTC for the 950,000 nuggets

News of the day

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: