Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:44:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BURST SPECULATION, the next big thing, mining with your HARD DRIVES!  (Read 1528 times)
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:03:47 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2018, 03:56:09 AM by pinkflower

After the release the the Dymaxion whitepaper, the Proof of Capacity Consortium have updated the roadmap on the burst-coin.org website.

If you havent read the whitepaper, you should do it now. It is great! The PoCC will start integrating working features from other cryptocurrencies into Burst.

The features that will be integrated are, ring signatures and zk-snarks from Monero and Zcash, payment channels from BTC's Lightning and tangle technology from IOTA.

The process is the same as how Satoshi Nakamoto made something new with the technology he had at his disposal, like public key cryptography, timestamping and hashcash.

Current Burst Roadmap

Code refactoring

• Improving structure and readability with a focus on simplicity and flexibility. Getting rid of old code from the NXT wallet.
  • Paving the way for more advanced modifications.

Soft fork: Dynamic node capabilities

• Making the mempool size configurable to better adjust to the node capabilities.

Hard Fork: Dynamic block size and transaction fees

• Making transaction cost and block size dynamic values to be better able to cope with varying transactional load on the Burst blockchain.

PoC2 protocol

• A minimally invasive way to achieve time-memory tradeoff resistance, while keeping the currently used plots functional.

Better development efficiency

• Adding new procedures such as Unit-Tests, improving the API and other advanced components.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:11:18 AM

Finding lot of potential in it burst but when it comes to price it cannot able to survive in the market because many people who are holding coins are dumping in the market when the price burst is increasing.
MarchToke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:36:00 AM

well i think this project is a very interesting and i will surely read this whitepaper now. And as i view the roadmap, i can sense it is quite amazing.

pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:25:20 AM

Finding lot of potential in it burst but when it comes to price it cannot able to survive in the market because many people who are holding coins are dumping in the market when the price burst is increasing.

Thats true but I dont see it that way. I see it as a chance for the speculators to buy more. With the Dymaxion coming next year, Burst will be worth 2x or 3x more than it is now. The /r/burstcoin community is also growing easily fast, which is another good sign that a project is gaining some influence.

That also not the only thing. The PoCC has not started their marketing efforts yet.

Having that said, theres only one direction this project can go. Its up.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:21:45 AM

What do IOTA and Raiblocks have in common? If I'm not mistaken they use a technology called Tangle as a solution to have transactions with no fees and their platform minerless. But they are not without their own problems.

Burst's PoCC thinks they may have the solution. In the Dymaxion, it would be possible to open 2nd layer Tangle channels making transactions faster and with no fees. Having that said, the main chain remains pure and secured by a sustainable, greener form of mining called Proof of Capacity. That alone is already a breakthrough in cryptocurrencies development.

For more information, read this blog The Burst Core Roadmap for 2018.

The Dymaxion

• The Dymaxion is a tangle-based lightning network on top of the Burst blockchain, explained in another article: The Dymaxion Explained in Layman’s Terms. As stated in the white paper, the implementation needs to be done in an incremental process, split up into several separate CIPs: adding ring signatures library / adding zk-SNARKs library / adding parts of the IOTA iri / adding ACCT (ACTT) templates.

Did the IOTA and Raiblocks train leave you? Not a problem, Burst is still waiting.[/list]
    Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
    Merit: 110

View Profile
    January 04, 2018, 02:38:57 AM

Vaguely remember that Mcafee had recommended  this coin? Need to
    double-check. Anyhow, it is a cheap bet  at these low prices.
    pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
    January 04, 2018, 03:01:38 AM

Vaguely remember that Mcafee had recommended  this coin? Need to
    double-check. Anyhow, it is a cheap bet  at these low prices.

Yes he did, and I think it was stupid of him to take advantage of Burst's latest developments in his coin of the day tweets. I wish he didnt do that. But if he truly believes in Burst and has invested in it, then I support his tweet, but if he was trying to hype the project for his own gain, then he can go to hell.
    pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    January 04, 2018, 05:33:09 AM

gangsta coin
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessedamiani/2017/12/23/crypto-watch-burstcoin-burst-price-goes-4x-in-29-hours-what-is-burst-and-why-is-it-surging/
    pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
    January 05, 2018, 03:28:34 AM

I wish they didnt include that video of Mr. Burst in that article. In fairness, the rest is of it is done well. But the latest news is Mr. Burst, the person in that video, has left Burst and will stop promoting the project. Instant relief was felt by most of the people on /r/burstcoin because the people outside of his circle consider him an impediment and a bad seed.

Having that said, its time for Burst to continue on and reach new heights with or without him. I wish him well.
    pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
    January 08, 2018, 03:30:35 AM

What will it take for you to keep talking about Burst from a speculator's perspective? There are many threads in here asking for the next +100x - +1000x coin but most of you continue to ignore Burst. But why? Dont you believe that its the next coin to break the top 10 in market value?

CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    January 08, 2018, 03:34:41 AM

i dont thing that taking the tangle technology from IOTA is a good idea ..
    didnt they have few issues with their code, along with the hidden backdoor which they claimed: " it was for project that "steal their opensource code" " Huh

pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
    January 08, 2018, 04:35:00 AM

i dont thing that taking the tangle technology from IOTA is a good idea ..
    didnt they have few issues with their code, along with the hidden backdoor which they claimed: " it was for project that "steal their opensource code" " Huh

You misunderstood what the PoCC is doing. IOTA's issues will not necessarily port to Burst's integration of Tangle technology because Burst will not directly copy code from IOTA. That would be counterproductive if they do because they will also copy the flaws.

What the PoCC will do is base some of the best available technologies from other cryptocurrencies and integrate them in Burst, just like what Satoshi Nakamoto has done with BTC when he integrated the available technologies in cryptography to make BTC.
    Sephire

Merit: 136

View Profile
    January 08, 2018, 05:16:26 AM

Seems exciting roadmap for 2018 ahead for burst. At this lowprice and marketcap, it is a great buy.
    Going to add some on this correction.
    LittleB1T

Activity: 30
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    January 08, 2018, 06:03:33 AM

Already bought at 370 sats, gonna hold it for at least a year
    pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
    January 20, 2018, 03:33:42 AM

Already bought at 370 sats, gonna hold it for at least a year

You will not be sorry. By Christmas of 2018 you will be relaxing financially for 2019. Burst has so much to offer in the current state of cryptocurrency development.

This is a rough timeline of what to expect from Burst this year.

Sephire

Merit: 136

View Profile
    January 20, 2018, 03:38:48 AM

The roadmap looks great. At this low price and marketcap, it will surely do very good in 2018.
    pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
    January 22, 2018, 02:02:17 AM

The roadmap looks great. At this low price and marketcap, it will surely do very good in 2018.

Yeah and with the price per Burst now moving between BTC.000004 to BTC.000005, its still very very cheap if you consider whats coming for the project.

The PoCC is doing great things, I think more great than some of the multibillion valued ICOs.
    aussiesloth

Activity: 266
    Merit: 41

View Profile
    January 22, 2018, 03:06:11 AM

Yep, the roadmap looks great for Burst.  So many positives.  The evolution of Burst capabilities during 2018 must surely give the potential to be one of the next big things, particularly with such an innovative Proof of Capacity mining method.  Given its current price, I'd say it is undervalued at present.
    pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
    January 28, 2018, 03:08:05 AM

Be prepared to witness the biggest network of hard drives mining and processing transactions in a blockchain. Its also operating at a fraction of the expenses of the BTC network which makes Proof of Capacity a good sustainable alternative.

2018 will be the year of Burst.

Burst: Network Analysis[/url

• Total Miners?

From my scraping of burstcoin.cc, it appears that at the time of writing there were 19,461 active miners. Not too shabby.

• Number of pools?

Burstcoin.cc also reports there are 31 pools in addition to 151 solo miners.

• Total Capacity of the Burst Network

According to the blocks.fastpool.info Burst Explorer, the total capacity of the network at the time of writing (1/24/2018) is roughly 184,372 TB or 184 Petabytes. Though I’ve seen this estimate fluctuate as high as 240 PB in the past few days. For context, it would take 223,000 DVDs (4.7Gb each) to hold 1 Petabyte of data. So the current network size is around 41 million DVDs.

• Average Capacity Per Miner

This number is still fairly low, at 9.5 TB. This indicates to me that while there are many large miners, that there are still many small miners involved.

pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
    February 01, 2018, 03:30:40 AM

This tweet has flown under the radar, it looks like.

There is experimental support for the NanoLedger S.

Its possible theres development for Burst support for the Ledger Nano S. Hopefully it arrives by the end of the year.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: