Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:08:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple will increase the Circulating Supply!!  (Read 660 times)
WasTriffin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:51:27 PM

So much FUD and outright mis information ..
Please go READ ..
Then "comment" ..

https://ripple.com/

WasTriffin ..
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:54:41 PM

the dev fund are now managed by an escrow that will make 1 billion coin available for them each month.

at the current price they can have more than 1 billion dollars each month and it's huge.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:57:20 PM

I don't know when they plan to release new tokens to the market but I knew last early this year they burned part of the tokens they are hold, but if they release new tokens to the market expect price to react to this new tokens injection
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:00:02 PM

If people are getting greedy, the bangster will win.

Everybody lost the thought of Satoshi. 
In 2008 the USA and the EU printed trillions of dollars and euros to stabilize the financial market.
The basic idea was to limit the amount of money.

This can only be done by decentralization.  Decentralization means not the decentralization of network. It means that not only one party or one government or the bangsters central bank can switch of the currency. It needs the majority of the community. 

This is Bitcoin.
This is Ethereum.

But this is certainly not Ripple.

Unfortunately, there is a concentration of power in bitcoin and in any system. These actors then have the ability to undermine the system. I'm not sure that human nature allows for fully decentralised systems. Thoughts?

This is one of the most intelligent posts I have read.  I would rather know who has the power than be in the dark, as is the case with bitcoin.
mcfit84 (OP)

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:54:20 PM

If you check on coinmarketcap.com the btc/xrp price then you see a similar curve.

On May 17th 2017 xrp could reach a market cap of 26% of all currencies. Ethereum had only 13%.

The price of xrp was       0.00021 btc.
Two weeks earlier it was 0.000025 btc. 

Today the price of xrp is 0.000135 btc.
Two weaks earlier it was 0.00001485 btc.

Both it was a gain of 10x.

If you hold XRP, and the history is similar to the present, then the best buy is now BTC.
GeePeeU

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:02:24 AM

So much FUD and outright mis information ..
Please go READ ..
Then "comment" ..

https://ripple.com/

WasTriffin ..

Taking information straight from the horses mouth?

Some people are so willing to be manipulated.

Always doubt.
GeePeeU

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:03:47 AM

I'm sure they'll have a plan for how many to release so the price doesn't dump overnight.

That's beside the point. The point is that you and your potential Ripple investment solely depends on what they will do, as they can do anything. Or even the US government could force them.

Which is one of the problem Bitcoin and virtually every altcoin that followed solved; using a decentralized and trustless system.

Let's not forget...

Ripple is NOT based on blockchain cryptography. So it's not really a cryptocurrency anyway.

Always doubt.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 01:26:32 AM

Ripple will increase the Circulating Supply. Maybe tomorrow or in half a year. Who knows.

But the result would be if they increase the Circulating Supply from 38% maybe to 76% the price will fall to 50%.

the price wont fall if they can also increase the belive of idiots that it is valuable,

i hope not because i hate the banks and i want them to collapse and disappear, together with their ripple

regards

the banks and their financial cartel arent just overvaluated, they are also basically owned by powerful and rich people that abuse salaryslaves for their private economical advantage.

regards

removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:55:33 AM

What ever may be the reason, Ripple would try to maintain its price above $1. I guess the circulating supply won't reduce the price more than 50% and if that is going to happen, the management team would release circulating supply accordingly to sustain their price not below $1.
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:10:55 AM

I do like the technology behind ripple. However i dislike that it is mostly used to "heal" bank transactions. 

They must pump the price becuase of circulation supply increase.
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:13:41 AM

Yes, it is true that ripple's price will go down when the circulating supply increases. The price will be changed since there is a sufficient supply for all of those who needs to buy some.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:32:42 AM

I don't see that as having any lasting effect on the token price if they increase the circulating supply and not attempting to inflate the number of total tokens. Don't forget one of the major uses for Ripple was for banks to transfer large sums of money cheaply and instantly and during that transaction some Ripples will be spent and out of the system for ever so supply goes up and supply also gradually reduces.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:34:06 AM

Making money out of thin air, nice altcoin.. very good altcoin. I wonder why people support this kind of coin.
asbator

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:41:16 AM

Wow, so many posts and not a single person knows that XRP is not Ripple used by banks.
This XRP pump shows that cryptocoins is mostly about speculation, and lack of knowledge here confirms, that its going to be a masacre.
AlexW333

Activity: 924
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:50:30 AM

Ripple can hit 9-10$ by the end summer 2018
jgauss

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:14:19 AM

Seriously folks?  This is old news.  Ripple put 55B XRP into escrow with a plan to release 1B into circulation each month for the next 55 months.  Ripple has been very transparent about its plan and stuck to its word.  When it put the 55B into escrow, the price went up, because it added credibility to Ripple.  It allows investors to accurately predict supply.

Thanks for the info.

This means we have an inflation of about 2.6 percent/month. 31 percent/year.  This is huge.

This is huge ..

Hardly ..
Try pricing XRP based on total supply ..
The distribution scheme for the remaining XRP has been widely KNOWN for months now ..
No secrets here ..
Ripple Labs has been very transparent for anyone that bothers to do some DD ie "due diligence"  ..

WasTriffin ..

Thanks for sharing, alot of fud going on...
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:28:14 PM

Ripple will increase the Circulating Supply. Maybe tomorrow or in half a year. Who knows.

But the result would be if they increase the Circulating Supply from 38% maybe to 76% the price will fall to 50%.

This is actually a really good thing since a lot has been planning to imvest on ripple. Although the price will decrease after this, it will surely be increasing gradually since the traffic is pretty high and is expected to go even higher simce ripple has gained a lot of trust from its investors amd potential investors for their transparency with their plans. Eventually, it will be a good investment. But not for me though, snce i do not looe the ideology of this altcoin. But hey, that's just me. Good luck to all who invested and are looking to invest. Smiley
cryptogiirl

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:32:34 PM

This is precisely why I do not like Ripple and what it stands for.  The idea behind moving into a decentralized system is to avoid these scenarios.  I guess that is why this is the favorite of the bankers.  Just remember, anything that can be created out of thin air, will one day lose its value.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: