Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [~10 GH/sec] pool.betcoin.co - Newbie Support Thread  (Read 5253 times)
igl00

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 11:17:44 PM

yep very good pool so far. lets see when we find block hows that gonna go!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
somebadger (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 06:03:39 AM

Ive had some feedback on the 1% initial fee going to the winer of the 1st block and ive decided to scrap the fee alltogether, instead i'm donating 4BTC to the pool in the following way:

2 BTC to the person who finds the block
2 BTC to the team leader of the person who finds the block

Good luck guys, the more ppl u bring (use your link) the higher chance u have of getting the 2BTC team leader prize Smiley
ManOfKnight

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 11:37:20 AM

How do I add my buddy Widgets to my team?  I invited him before teams started and he is running pool.betcoin.co daily on his 5870.
somebadger (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 11:37:58 AM

How do I add my buddy Widgets to my team?  I invited him before teams started and he is running pool.betcoin.co daily on his 5870.

already done, see the other thread Tongue
ManOfKnight

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 11:43:58 AM

Thanks SomeBadger for taking care of that for me.

A few of my other buddies are still on the fence until we find a coin.  I told them that another 1.5-2Gh/s would help the pool tremendously.
somebadger (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 12:24:45 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2011, 12:50:29 PM by somebadger

Thanks SomeBadger for taking care of that for me.

A few of my other buddies are still on the fence until we find a coin.  I told them that another 1.5-2Gh/s would help the pool tremendously.

Yeah lots more people will come once we solve a block, but we need more people to solve the block quicker, its a catch 22 Tongue

ps. u cant have an image in your sig till u make 50 posts Wink
ManOfKnight

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:39:45 PM

I noticed that...I tried to add my image that you placed on the betcoin.co website...too bad.
somebadger (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 11:27:42 AM

I noticed that...I tried to add my image that you placed on the betcoin.co website...too bad.

you can still use your referral link that gets members into your team Smiley
bcheck555

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 12:28:15 PM

Please comment on your "Cheatproof" scoring? Meni's system?
somebadger (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 12:40:33 PM

Please comment on your "Cheatproof" scoring? Meni's system?

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26613.msg357208#msg357208
badfrog

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 12:48:34 PM

Im on it, and Leading the Scoreboard on the 2nd Place Cheesy

Greetings, Frog
bcheck555

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 01:11:15 PM

So some type of implementation of Meni's anti-cheat system as described here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=4787.0
This was the the system used at the now defunct continuum pool. What values are you using for c and f? If it's the same method I may move my miners over. Thanks.
linkme

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 01:27:40 PM

Im on it, and Leading the Scoreboard on the 2nd Place Cheesy

Greetings, Frog

just wait till i get my new riser cables, i'll be back ontop,... come on postage !
nihilista

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 10:29:12 AM

Joined this pool about a week ago. UI is cool and it's exciting waiting for the first block  Wink

¿Somebody knows of app for android to check the pool?

Thanks
somebadger (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 10:41:56 AM

Joined this pool about a week ago. UI is cool and it's exciting waiting for the first block  Wink

¿Somebody knows of app for android to check the pool?

Thanks

not off the top of my head, but i could make a very basic status page to check in your browser, or if you have an app that can read json you can always use the pool api

also guys feel free to comment on the betting idea in the other thread ( http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26613.msg362194#msg362194 )
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 09:27:42 PM

So the banner ad of somebadger says 'my team of 45 is doing 5232 Mh', and ad of linkme says 'my team of 3 is doing 2469', and the total pool stats are: Current Workers: 12, Current Hashrate: 8.9 GH/s, no blocks found. Not looking so good after nine days.

"You have to start somewhere", but maybe get rid of the teams, the rankings, the banner signatures with referral links, the gambling name, and the 2% fee for withdraws when there is something to withdraw. Then you still have to entice people to join, when their contribution in solving the first block will be diluted by the 700,000 shares in the first round already added by miners who have come and gone. Another recently started pool was knocking out four blocks a day at ten days in, by not looking shady.

The only pool I think is missing from the marketplace is a low-fee PPS pool.  I think people would respond quickly to a pool with no concept of solving a block, stats, teams, bonuses, referrals, lotteries, 'triple your earnings', etc. To the user, they sign up, start submitting shares, every share earns them 0.0000319 BTC, the balance starts going up immediately, and they can press the withdraw button any time and receive it all for a .001 BTC fee. The web site can be white with black text, too. Just don't try starting this unless you have 500 BTC bankroll to insure against the worst-case variability.

somebadger (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 11:10:03 PM

"You have to start somewhere", but maybe get rid of the teams, the rankings, the banner signatures with referral links, the gambling name, and the 2% fee for withdraws when there is something to withdraw. Then you still have to entice people to join, when their contribution in solving the first block will be diluted by the 700,000 shares in the first round already added by miners who have come and gone. Another recently started pool was knocking out four blocks a day at ten days in, by not looking shady.

Why remove the teams, rankings, and banner sigs ? if people dont want to use them then dont.

re the fee, this is only for manual withdrawal, you can always use automatic for free and thats processed twice per day. you could even use it as manual if you wanted

ie. set auto payout to 100000BTC then when u want to withdraw set it to 1btc

the manual fee is a rushed version where i have to wakeup/come to the computer and manually process it, hence the fee.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 03:19:19 AM

Why remove the teams, rankings, and banner sigs ? if people dont want to use them then dont.

re the fee, this is only for manual withdrawal, you can always use automatic for free and thats processed twice per day. you could even use it as manual if you wanted

ie. set auto payout to 100000BTC then when u want to withdraw set it to 1btc

the manual fee is a rushed version where i have to wakeup/come to the computer and manually process it, hence the fee.

Teams: gives the impression some teams win and other teams lose, with the new member on the losing side
Rankings: Having it there shows that one should value it. It can only discourage membership of those who would expect not to place on the list, or those that expected to but don't.
Banners: Are referral links, encouraging more forum spam I get to ad block. When referrals are rewarded, they are rewarded out of the profitability of others, so if I see the obvious referral link, I'm not clicking.
Betcoin: What am I betting on? Does the house always win? Another pyramid scheme?

All of these make me want to join the pool as much as a slick talker in a plaid suit makes me want to buy a used car.

somebadger (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:19:00 AM

Teams: gives the impression some teams win and other teams lose, with the new member on the losing side
Rankings: Having it there shows that one should value it. It can only discourage membership of those who would expect not to place on the list, or those that expected to but don't.
Banners: Are referral links, encouraging more forum spam I get to ad block. When referrals are rewarded, they are rewarded out of the profitability of others, so if I see the obvious referral link, I'm not clicking.
Betcoin: What am I betting on? Does the house always win? Another pyramid scheme?

All of these make me want to join the pool as much as a slick talker in a plaid suit makes me want to buy a used car.

Teams: are only there for a 2 BTC Bonus ONTOP of the current block, so no-one is loosing except me with the teams since i have to pay 4BTC per block in bonuses

Rankings: there is no harm in a bit of a pissing contest Tongue If you dont like it dont join

Banners: banners are images not links Wink users can also choose to use the team link if they like. Referals only help drive people to help get the pool more registrations, and the rewards do not cost anyone anything (except me like i said b4)

Betcion: you dont have to bet on anything, its just a domain i had that i thought i would use. But we are thinking of having some fun and games with some betting using your current share balance but if you dont want to bet and just want to mine like any other pool, thats fine with me.
whonesta

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 08:02:24 PM

Why are rejects SO high on your pool? 2 - 300 MH/s miners on Deepbit get < 1% stale, yet on Betcoin getting upwards of 20% stale. Check out my team stats as they are public.. Would like to figure this out as I do like the concept of a smaller pool.. Huh
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: