Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:26:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Town Square: Official Chat Thread (1.5 BTC Reward Inside)  (Read 4039 times)
Anonymous

January 07, 2011, 02:47:39 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2011, 07:05:14 PM by Atlas

Welcome to the Bitcoin forum's chat thread. The purpose is to provide an environment where free conversation can take place in a bulletin board format. The only guidelines are to simply use common sense and follow the rules of this community. Have fun!

So, how are you guys doing today?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 07, 2011, 02:57:58 PM

Good thanks, is your real name Atlas now?

Anonymous

January 07, 2011, 03:31:52 PM

That's what I am going by now. Eh, it looks like I am going to have to wait a year to make it official. People have started calling me by it so it is working out so far.
Anonymous

January 09, 2011, 07:05:52 PM

The one-thousandth post in this thread will earn 1.5 BTC but it has to be legitimate conversation. Spammers will be disqualified.
brocktice

Activity: 292

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2011, 08:49:49 PM

Do we have any estimate of how many active Bitcoin users there are now?

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 09, 2011, 09:42:49 PM

I would still estimate it in BTC users < 1K ppl many of who are speculators or want to wait until their only BTC is worth a million of todays dollars. xD

Hey, has anybody tried coffee4bitcoin? I am saving some bitcoins(currently I have like 40) to try it out!

Anonymous

January 10, 2011, 12:12:55 AM

Eh, I mean 100th post. I am going to be a bit more realistic.

Also, yes, I really want to get my hands on some of that coffee. Too bad there are some more necessary things I wish to buy with BTC.
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 10, 2011, 12:37:12 AM

Meh, I will save. I hope people give me some Bitcoins and I promise I will write a review.(I am not a professional reviewer btw) Eitherway following my calculations and S3052 speculations if BTC = 0.5 USd by the 15h and I make at least 5 BTC each day from now on from mining I should be able to afford it. xD

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 10, 2011, 12:59:58 AM

Also, yes, I really want to get my hands on some of that coffee. Too bad there are some more necessary things I wish to buy with BTC.

Opprotunity cost can be a bitch.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 10, 2011, 03:48:35 AM

this is kinda off topic but it is general chat, does anyone have trouble pooled mining with comcast? I don't know if it's just a coincidence but every time I start pretty soon my internet just drops for a while.
davux

Activity: 288
Merit: 263

Firstbits.com/1davux

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2011, 05:06:54 AM

Welcome to the Bitcoin forum's chat thread. The purpose is to provide an environment where free conversation can take place in a bulletin board format.

It's a bit weird to have a topicless thread for all sorts of conversations. No topic, just a sequence of message, it sounds like a regression to me, with no added value. There's already a full "Off-topic" category where you can start as many threads as you want.

As it's a waste of time to just read each and every new message in this thread blindly (no informative/differentiated topic), just in case it contains anything interesting, I won't do it again – I just hope that any interesting discussion will be made in its own thread, so that people can notice.

1DavuxH9tLqU4c7zvG387aTG4mA7BcRpp2
México (Oaxaca) – France - Leeds
Anonymous

January 10, 2011, 02:01:59 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2011, 02:18:00 PM by Atlas

Welcome to the Bitcoin forum's chat thread. The purpose is to provide an environment where free conversation can take place in a bulletin board format.

It's a bit weird to have a topicless thread for all sorts of conversations. No topic, just a sequence of message, it sounds like a regression to me, with no added value. There's already a full "Off-topic" category where you can start as many threads as you want.

As it's a waste of time to just read each and every new message in this thread blindly (no informative/differentiated topic), just in case it contains anything interesting, I won't do it again – I just hope that any interesting discussion will be made in its own thread, so that people can notice.
In previous forums I've been to, threads like these promote a closeness with among members. It's about building relationships and getting to know each other. I would like to see that here as well.
Anonymous

January 10, 2011, 02:19:04 PM

this is kinda off topic but it is general chat, does anyone have trouble pooled mining with comcast? I don't know if it's just a coincidence but every time I start pretty soon my internet just drops for a while.
They are probably throttling the P2P functions of it. That's just my educated guess. I would call them up and threaten to disconnect if this isn't resolved.
brocktice

Activity: 292

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2011, 02:37:21 PM

In previous forums I've been to, threads like these promote a closeness with among members. It's about building relationships and getting to know each other. I would like to see that here as well.

It's an admirable goal, but I think IRC works better. Join #bitcoin-dev on freenode.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
Anonymous

January 10, 2011, 03:03:30 PM

It's an admirable goal, but I think IRC works better. Join #bitcoin-dev on freenode.
I'll definitely join but I'll leave this as option for those who prefer gradual and longer communication, if the interest exists. 
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 10, 2011, 03:36:09 PM

They are probably throttling the P2P functions of it. That's just my educated guess. I would call them up and threaten to disconnect if this isn't resolved.

I think it was just a coincidence I called them up and they reset my modem remotely and everything seems alright.
Anonymous

January 10, 2011, 03:48:59 PM

I think it was just a coincidence I called them up and they reset my modem remotely and everything seems alright.
I am happy to hear that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: