Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:27:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mcxnow down?  (Read 2692 times)
BadToro (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:02:17 AM

not worked for me Sad
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 08:04:40 AM

yup it just went down , shouldn't take too long hopefully Smiley
drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:11:54 AM

he's just doing maintenance right?
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:26:12 AM

I'm glad I cashed out my belongings before Cheesy

Don't worry guys, the exchange will be soon back. But not so sure if it will be here with us in 1 year, 2 years or 5 years. At current volume, your fee-shares will be paid in around 25 years,...maybe we should wait 25 years? Cheesy

TheRealSolid

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Operator of mcxNOW | Programmer of MicroCash

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 08:26:58 AM

Have a big DDoS happening at the moment but it's easy to fix. Site will be back up in ~15 minutes. They just took down a couple of the proxies.

https://mcxnow.com - Fast and secure coin exchange.
Primecoin / Litecoin / Mincoin / Worldcoin / CopperLark
usahero

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:28:35 AM

Have a big DDoS happening at the moment but it's easy to fix. Site will be back up in ~15 minutes. They just took down a couple of the proxies.

Hahaha. So funny, after all this boosting about how safe mcxnow is against DDos.

(im not involved in ddos in any case, but I do feel joy seeing this).
Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:32:23 AM

usahero gets banned, site gets DDosD, coincidence?
TheRealSolid

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 08:34:09 AM

Hahaha. So funny, after all this boosting about how safe mcxnow is against DDos.

(im not involved in ddos in any case, but I do feel joy seeing this).

Well I was going to upgrade the server anyhow for august 10 update. Taking down a couple of web proxies isn't a big deal, I'll just add more. The exchange server is fully functional , I'm connected to it at moment.

Part of the 3 tier security. I also feel joy seeing this because I was waiting for a big one to hit. So thanks to whoever is doing it.

usahero

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:46:57 AM

Coincidence, because I do not do any illegal shit with computers. In EU, you can be imprisoned up to 3 years for operating botnet. So - no thanks.

usahero

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:49:01 AM

Decided to delete. My comment was too informing (it was in regard to security of mcxnow and their supepro password protection system).
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:57:52 AM

Someone or some guys took advantage of the situation and decided to DDOS the site , from my perspective ofcourse.
I am just wondering how will the price of XPM will be trading after this and before the august 10?

Any thoughts or guess?

Smiley
Duffer1

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:08:53 AM

Coincidence, because I do not do any illegal shit with computers. In EU, you can be imprisoned up to 3 years for operating botnet. So - no thanks.

I know, I'm just teasing you man.  I guess it doesn't really come off as teasing now that I re-read it.  Sorry Smiley.

Edit: it's back up.  realsolid = pro
TheRealSolid

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:11:03 AM

Site back up, had about 35 minutes downtime. Attack still ongoing, looks upwards of 20Gpbs with thousands of connections.

Luckily my c++ exchange server can handle it, 5% cpu usage atm. Smiley Thanks for the concern, hope the 35 minutes downtime didn't affect too many people.

SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:13:04 AM

Site back up, had about 35 minutes downtime. Attack still ongoing, looks upwards of 20Gpbs with thousands of connections.

Luckily my c++ exchange server can handle it, 5% cpu usage atm. Smiley Thanks for the concern, hope the 35 minutes downtime didn't affect too many people.

Thanks RS nice fuggin work!

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:10:10 PM

Just curious, since the release of this exchange, how many hours of downtime has there been?

From both DDoS attacks and system upgrades?  I ask because I'm always over there and the site is always  available, fast and responsive.  Your uptime has to be on the order of +99.9% of the time and that ain't bad.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:14:23 PM

Just curious, since the release of this exchange, how many hours of downtime has there been?

From both DDoS attacks and system upgrades?  I ask because I'm always over there and the site is always  available, fast and responsive.  Your uptime has to be on the order of +99.9% of the time and that ain't bad.
First time I've ever seen it down was today.
TheRealSolid

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 02:17:24 PM

The site has been operating for about 2280 hours, and had downtime of about 1 hour.

manface

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:21:20 PM

First time I've ever seen it down was today.

Me too.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 02:22:54 PM

Up here.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:25:56 PM

For those noe

From both DDoS attacks and system upgrades?  I ask because I'm always over there and the site is always  available, fast and responsive.  Your uptime has to be on the order of +99.9% of the time and that ain't bad.

The site has been operating for about 2280 hours, and had downtime of about 1 hour.

For those not wanting to get out their calculators, that is an up-time of 99.96+%.  Hater's are gonna hate, but I'd like to see the comparison against any of the other exchanges.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: