Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:52:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodl or do I realize the loss?  (Read 880 times)
Ambers

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:53:05 AM

Now you need to wait for the slightest lift. And henceforth you should not invest in crypto currency money that you are not ready to lose. It's a shame to lose money and leave with nothing. Yes, it's sad, but it's a valuable experience.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:59:05 AM

Hello to all,

I invested in Crypterium ICO a lot of money, from business plan I was going to keep CRPT Token until Q3 2018. We are still in Q1 is true, but mathematically, according to my calculations, CRPT token can not reach the result I was hoping for. I made about 90% loss from the amount invested. What do I do? Do I continue to Hodl or do I realize this huge loss? To get back on track I need at least 2/3 full points and I do not think the token can do it.

Did you invest in CRPT? Do you think you can do it?

If i read it correctly 90% loss is too much, so if you gonna sell it you could only recover your at least 10%? Is this serious? Hey man? If this is true maybe you just HOLD it,hoping that your coin would do better in the long run, dont just speculate for short term, if you see that the project is working well, just try to hold it.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:01:56 AM

If you have unrealized loss of 90%, there is no justification for selling, no point at all! Considered your investment as a loss and keep your token for token collections purpose only! Forget that it will bring any income or profit for you!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
toygama

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:08:18 AM

I do not want to convince anyone, you have to make this decision only based on your actual need for money. If you do not need them for daily needs keep holding them.

I am not going to sell, I will hold cryptos, buying and selling altcoin, but keeping a solid amount of btc/eth/iota. Blockchain technology and its evolution (Dag/Tangle or any other new protocol) will be the future and I don't want to witness this revolution as a spectator.

Selling everything, I could give myself many gorgeous presents, but I want to risk everything and try to change my life.

Risking is a part of any success at least you try and pursued your dream to become a great and successful trader here in crypto world, but according to our co participants here you need to invest an amount you can afford to loose.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:12:39 AM

Hello to all,

I invested in Crypterium ICO a lot of money, from business plan I was going to keep CRPT Token until Q3 2018. We are still in Q1 is true, but mathematically, according to my calculations, CRPT token can not reach the result I was hoping for. I made about 90% loss from the amount invested. What do I do? Do I continue to Hodl or do I realize this huge loss? To get back on track I need at least 2/3 full points and I do not think the token can do it.

Well, just realize it for a while but don't let those thing take away the opportunities you would have. Do still hodl your token, such expectations that didn't are normal though. Other people faced those problem wayback then, but that doesn't mean you would do nothing after that. Remember, it would be just worse if you wouldn't do anything knowing that you have lost in the first. Do some move, and I guess hodling would be advisable. Take back the profit you have lose, do something!
danielnamit

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:54:09 AM

I think if it's just a minimal loss, you could realized it or if it's too big, I suggest to hodl it until you could regain it or reach a certain profit.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
DanSukker

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:45:28 AM

Hello to all,

im still holding sibcoins and hoping for the best.
sister1001

Activity: 237
Merit: 43

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:04:11 PM

I don't know about that particualr token, but there is nothing mathematically prroven about the future. Since you have already realised the loss, keep it and forget about it for a year.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:29:25 AM

Hello to all,

It depends, either you are a long-term or short-term investors.

When we talk about short-term investors (investment), it is not better to incur a heavy loss on your investments as provided. As such, the best possible to incur not so much loss is to discharge the investment that we have. Thus, we would realize the loss and that is a better move than incurring too many losses. However, it is your own risk because we cannot assure the lower price of a particular crypto, since, the team may evolving and developing their technology that might add to value their coins.

For long-term investors, I would prefer to hodl my investment because I am not thinking about the current and present condition but in my future undertakings. The risk here is the sustainability of an investment; thus, we must choose a very good ICO. The question is Where? How? and What? Kind of ICO; the answer is simple – do the research stuff. But, this is just my opinion; I would not risk your own investment on my strategies because we have different perceptions. Further, I am for long-term investment.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Vimukes

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:32:03 AM

On the off chance that so then you can just hold tokens until Q3, ideally later the group from CRPT will be more capable in building up the venture so mengahsilkan new speculators to expand the volume in the market, so I think since you are as of now suffocating in this undertaking so suffocated by holding tokens
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:39:58 AM

Its your choice. Thats very risky move if you realize the loss. But , if you trust your self why cant happen. Think carefully , good luck.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
Bloerty

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:31:22 AM

It is absolutely up to your decision in the event that you needed to offer it is yout decision however in the event that you over look and after that choosw to purchase more it is your decision additionally simply be mind that you comprehend what you are doing and furthermore done your exploration
Suzemw

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:42:53 AM

HODLing is the best wager on the off chance that I were you. It may not be what you deal fir today but rather bear in mind that the present condition of the crypto showcase costs is general for all coins. I know most altcoins and Bitcoin will recuperate soon.
Nat77777

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:46:14 AM

Sorry to hear this. I would cut the loss of you need the money and if you have no faith in project potential. It’s up to you to decide.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:19:54 PM

Hold, there is no reason for you to be taking losses when you can just as easily make profit from the coins you are trying to sell, all you have to do is be patient and hodl the coins that you have. I know with the market being down the temptation of selling your coins and cutting your losses is high but you just have to be resilient if you want to make money from cryptos.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
c4ptch4

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:25:45 PM

it all depends on the confidence you have but I recommend that you hold the coins you have, wait until the market recovers because I am very sure if the market will not forever go down
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:28:49 PM

If you do not need urgent funding . It's worth the wait . And there the choice is yours .

Yes i agree on that, the best thing to do is just wait for the market price to grow even more before selling your coins in order to earn more profit just like what other big holders are doing.
Miztasnow1

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:42:26 PM

Well yo my opinion, there's no need to convince anyone, you have to make this decision only based on your actual need for money. If you do not need them for daily needs keep holding them.you are good to go.
foremunp

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:28:07 AM

You have to assess what your definitive objective is and the amount you have faith in the venture. We have just observed coins that had a year or two of droops and after that the cost soar after effective item dispatch and significant organizations. That is the reason there is a HODL methodology. You can do that exclusive in the event that you contributed cash you can totally lose. Something else, half-half is great. You can chance hodling the half and after that play with the staying half by offering and after that changing to a coin with a conceivable increment in cost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: