Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:07:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASINITY AX- 888 ASIC MINER 15TH/s 900W  (Read 716 times)
jhartbarger
Copper Member

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:17:11 PM

Well I ordered 1 unit from them today now that they got Credit Card payments up and running and they take AMEX and if they don't deliver on the goods or its a scam Amex will refund my money.

Lets see how it goes!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:10:57 PM

Well I ordered 1 unit from them today now that they got Credit Card payments up and running and they take AMEX and if they don't deliver on the goods or its a scam Amex will refund my money.

Lets see how it goes!
From their website:
ASINITY Generation Ltd. is a privately-owned multi-national semiconductor company headquartered in San Fransico, Los Angeles.
Err, what? San Francisco or Los Angeles? And also, of course you won't tell us the address. The only surprising thing about this scam is the credit card payment, but of course they can later put some excuse and ask for crypto, or just steal and sell credit card info.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:53:07 PM

The support number they posted has been used in IRS scam calls:

http://www.whytheycalled.com/415-800-3082/

Yes, a credit card gives you protection, but its also possible they can steal your CC and resell, which can be a big hassle to clear up.

They dont mention needing a control board, use a picture of an Avalon A7, claim they have front and back fans, so the pictures on their site dont match what they claim.
jhartbarger
Copper Member

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:37:52 PM

I am not too worried AMEX makes stuff like this no hassle for me. As for the number coming up as a IRS SCAM number, you would be shocked how easy
it is to spoof callerid, my personal number which I have had for 25 years comes up as a spammer number for some reason on some sites.

We will let it play out and I will let everyone know hows it goes.
callmestu

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:12:27 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 07:55:09 PM by frodocooper

Hi all,
When I saw this, I immediately though it was a scam, but I bought one with a credit card because I felt protected. It was too good of a deal to pass up if it were for real. Two days later, I get the following cancellation. They area steering me to pay with bitcoin. There is no way I would recommend paying this "company" with bitcoin directly - you have no protection when they don't ship you anything. If anyone gets one of these, please let us know? It is really looking like a scam now.

Dear, <Name Redacted>.

Unfortunately we have had to cancel and refund your order for the AX- 888 ASIC Miner due to our merchants request.

Your full refund has been reimbursed and should appear back into your bank account depending on your bank, the usual refund estimate is between 7-10 days.

This cancelling is due to our merchant(s) request as they were not able to verify your order, this procedure is in place to prevent fraudulent activity as we have been facing issues regarding this for a while now.

We have not made this decision from our end, it is our merchants to keep us, our customers & our merchant safe.

You can always re-order using another payment method after you have received your refund or check out as a manual payment which is primarily used for Bitcoin payments.

We apologies for any inconvenience we hope you can understand our merchants decision.

Asinity Sales
John. LOU

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to use quote tags for the quoted message from Asinity Sales.)
dlezama

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:47:04 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 07:56:32 PM by frodocooper

Hi all,
When I saw this, I immediately though it was a scam, but I bought one with a credit card because I felt protected. It was too good of a deal to pass up if it were for real. Two days later, I get the following cancellation. They area steering me to pay with bitcoin. There is no way I would recommend paying this "company" with bitcoin directly - you have no protection when they don't ship you anything. If anyone gets one of these, please let us know? It is really looking like a scam now.

So I'll have to quote myself:

... but of course they can later put some excuse and ask for crypto, or just steal and sell credit card info.

Unfortunately I should have said and steal your credit card info. Watch out for fraudulent charges to that card...

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim callmestu's quote.)
callmestu

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:00:46 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. I think it's valid enough that I locked the card.
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:19:31 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 07:57:26 PM by frodocooper

Hi all,

So you read everything on this thread and still decided to order one? we have been saying over and over again that its a scam and not even a real miner...  Huh Huh Huh Huh Im surprised they are even going to refund you... weird.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim callmestu's quote.)
gurugarzah

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:55:43 AM

Lets see how it goes!
From their website:
ASINITY Generation Ltd. is a privately-owned multi-national semiconductor company headquartered in San Fransico, Los Angeles.
Err, what? San Francisco or Los Angeles? And also, of course you won't tell us the address. The only surprising thing about this scam is the credit card payment, but of course they can later put some excuse and ask for crypto, or just steal and sell credit card info.

No it’s not San Francisco it’s San Fransico  😂😂
dlezama

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:04:43 PM

Lets see how it goes!
From their website:

No it’s not San Francisco it’s San Fransico  😂😂

Grin Good catch, I didn't see that typo. What a scam.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: